The Leftovers

I just finished season 2 of this and why was it better than the Sopranos?

are you making the statement that it is better than the sopranos, and you're wondering how? Or are you asking why others think it's better than the sopranos?

the first one

well you're wrong. The Leftovers is a great show but The Sopranos is the king that will never be dethroned. Maybe it has a chance to dethrone Six Feet Under if season 3 doesn't totally shit the bed

Watching S2 E6 at this very moment. Erika just saved a goat. Kevin is being borderline insane like always. I hope Nora is possessed by a demon.

Probably easier to connect to Kevin than it was to connect with Tony. I agree that it is a better show, though I have no idea why.

>he doesn't connect with Tony

My favorite part of the show is how it subtly shows how the world is slowly going insane, like one of the twins said in season one.

i kinda want to join the force just to wear that coat. or maybe i could just order the coat.

Am I the only one who liked S1 better?

No. I liked the atmosphere of season one much more. It was perfect.

its boring pretentious shit

>pretentious
Intellectually insecure person detected. Attentionwhoring trip and all.

>it's a Guilty Remnant episode

Do you think the Sopranos is any less pretentious?

Idk, I liked Jarden more because it was always teeming with new people, and it kept you wondering whether the place was really special or if it was just baloney

The Sopranos hits the depths it aspires to have like 80% of the time, to the Leftovers Damon Lindelof half baked 0%.

He didn't ask you. He asked the person he was talking to.

Were you raised by savages or something?

>being this general/ vague
you wouldn't just post something without an example right?

Finn DeTrolio is a better realistically written character with more depth than Kevin Garney.

is this the new meaningless counter to assertions of "pretentious?"

>people still talking about leftovers after the vessel happened

So does this prove mindless faggots really are watching for the supernatural bullshit instead of the drama?

S1 = tone, atmosphere

S2 = plot

Endless cycle of engaging characters, overlapping stories and mind fuckery.

Any predictions on season 3? Also will we ever find out what Kevin's wish was?

this show is like for people who like to showoff their smart and artsy when theyre not

in other words, reddit

its a tough sho to get ppl into cuz it works best taken whole but idunno the highs r so worth it. A character goes into the afterlife and we see the whole thing and omg its so good!

This tbqh. Fact.

Season 1 was GOAT tier. Right up there with True Detective season 1. Season 2 was fucking trash. But I still watched it.

>why was it better than the Sopranos?
Because it's not about a bunch of wop faggots sucking their own dicks.

>Any predictions on season 3?
We already know they're going to Australia, most likely to meet up with the guy that resurrected and showed up in Kevin's death experience. The Murphy's will tag along because reasons. GR will continue to be pricks and maybe will finally mass suicide. Nothing will be revealed about the sudden departure, but maybe the last shot will be all the leftovers getting raptured too.

>where is my mind starts playing