The Girl on the Train (2016)

This was actually pretty good. Why did it get lukewarm reviews? I'd give it a thumbs up for soundtrack and the moody atmosphere alone. Some of the cinematography, Blunt's acting, and a decently executed (if relatively simple) narration put it at a solid 7/10.

>This was actually pretty good.
No it isn't it's silly contrived momcore.
>Why did it get lukewarm reviews?
Silly contrived momcore
>I'd give it a thumbs up for soundtrack and the moody atmosphere alone.
What atmosphere? A bunch of shitty slowmo and vapid atmosphere? Soundtrack was a limp interpretation of Reznor's Gone Girl shit.
>a solid 7/10
It's a 4/10 at best. Worthless side characters. Plot beats anyone could see coming. Terrible 3rd act twist with her baby drowning. Dumb as bricks.

It's shit but Haley bennett looks sexy in it.

I thought it was one of the worst from last year.
Totally disjointed and boring.

>contrived momcore

Contrived in what way? And why say something as tepid as "momcore"?

>What atmosphere?
>shitty slowmo
>vapid

I found the locale, the lighting, the staggered narration, and the insidious soundtrack to comprise a moody atmosphere. This is pretty subjective, though.

> Soundtrack was a limp interpretation of Reznor's Gone Girl shit.

This I can agree with; I thought it was his before looking up the wiki.

>Worthless side characters.

I do wish they developed Evans' character more. I agree the red herrings were limper than you'd like.

>Plot beats anyone could see coming.

You knew who the murderer was from the get-go? Smart lad.

>Terrible 3rd act twist with her baby drowning.

It was a disappointing attempt as fleshing out a character, but I have to agree this film isn't cerebral enough to actually offer a thorough psychoanalysis.

>Dumb as bricks.

It's not quite "Transformers" tier.

Rebecca Ferguson is a smokeshow.

The pacing did seem to drag at times. I didn't see too many bad films last year, thankfully. This wouldn't make my "Best of" list, though.

Would you have preferred Jennifer Jason Leigh starred?

10/10 accurate review
would accept recommendations

3/10 lazy worthless review
would laugh at for going to film school instead of films

>plot twist out of ass, with very little to no foreshadowing

Other than that, it was alright. I would change the ending for the outcome to be more grim.

Just watch What Lies Beneath, Fatal Attraction, Body Heat. Forget this piece of shit ever existed.

>Rebecca Ferguson is a smokeshow.
Now that I can agree on.
If it didn't affect her other scheduled shoots, it wouldn't hurt.
But I'm glad she didn't waste her time.

Yeah, the gaslighting really cheapened the payoff. It's not like she wouldn't remember a singular moment of abuse out of a multi-year relationship; or that she wouldn't have a single friend or family member who could sway her as easily as Phoebe did.

It's shit random mistery thriller done thirty times and they fucked up my waifu, Emily Blunt by making her act like a psycho alchoolic bitch 0/10

I quite liked it, so it's all good. I'll check out your recs, though, thanks. Any other good mystery recs?

Blunt was very good in it, 2bh. It definitely raised her profile as most reviews cite her as the single redeeming factor.

>. It's not like she wouldn't remember a singular moment of abuse out of a multi-year relationship; or that she wouldn't have a single friend or family member who could sway her as easily as Phoebe did.
Yeah it's contrivances like this which make the movie totally fall apart.

She would've been nominated for an Oscar if the movie was better.

post the webm where she gets fucked from behind

Yeah I feel that. Fortunately I was able to look past that, though I agree it's pretty lame. I guess I really just liked the atmosphere and performances and camerawork.

The cop characters literally disappear 75% of the way through the movie and are never mentioned again lol it's like the investigation just stopped happening.

I am a total sucker for movies like this. I love Gone Girl. This is such a shitty Gone Girl knockoff. Emily Blunt is pretty good, but the plot is garbage, the twists are contrived, and it's poorly put together. Haley Bennett is an awful actress, but at least she's hot.

It's fucking boring. But then so was the book so I shouldn't have been surprised that the film sucked as well.

Do you think thats stupid? The victim workered in murderer's home and he wasnt even suspected.

>tfw you feel the slimey hand of SJW hollywood production all over the kino
I knew by 1/3 of the way through this movie that this horrible woman would never be accountable for her actions and that somehow a man would be responsible for her poor life decisions