First officer is a captain in his own right, who refuses to accept his own commission

>First officer is a captain in his own right, who refuses to accept his own commission
>Chief of Operations is a (almost) one-of-a-kind android with hyper-intelligence and super strength
>Chief Engineer has space goggles that allow him to see throughout the entire electromagnetic spectrum
>Chief of Security is the first and (at the time) only Klingon in Starfleet, who's family name still gives him some sway in the Empire
>Doctor is the mother of a boy-genius engineering savant, who is so intelligent he eventually thinks himself into a higher plane of existence
>Ships counselor can read emotions and instantly tell when anyone is lying

Picard had it on easy mode.

It's not a competition, Jim.

His biggest problem is revolt

Well it is the Federation Flagship...

Not to mention he had the backing of Q, an omnipotent godlike being, and his bartender was a magical black space wizard.

You're right. Assembling a top quality team is one of the main reasons he is so good. There are also several reasons other captains can't do the same thing.

>Other Captains can'tinspire the respect that makes a captain willing to serve under him
>Other captains refuse to trust an android
>Other captains are too prejudiced to accept geordie Cos he's Bla- i mean blind
>Other captains are too petty to bury the hatchet with klingons and probs couldn't make one tow the line anyway (see riker)
>he's gotta bang someone
>Not having a betazoid on your ship is probs retarded because they are so useful, and ships councillor is an astoundingly obvious position for them.

In short Picard was in easy mode because he wanted it that way, and built a crew that made it like that. His job is hard enough as it is, no need to build a retarded monotone crew to make it even harder

All this and no Science Officer? What was Picard thinking fielding a team with no scientific lead?

>Picard had it on easy mode.

It's been a while since I gave a shit about star trek but it seemed like every second episode was an end-of-humanity scenario in NGE.

Didn't Data pull double duty there?

>>First officer is a captain in his own right, who refuses to accept his own commission

>Federation cucks buttblasted that Riker can literally run circles around them blindfolded, will literally put their pride above asking for his assistance in completing a mission

Why they so salty tho

>helm, set walkies coordinates for the park. maximum warp.

this, you don't put bad people on the flagship

also Janeway made her own crew and chose to use people like Paris instead and she still went easy mode when they got Seven of nine

and Kirk and is crew were all super space heroes by the end showing that were gifted humans to begin with

the only ones that had it hard were the people on ENT

DS9 had it easy too with Sisko "I am the Messiah", magical shapeshifter ubermensch, doctor with a super computer in his head, Kira and the other sluts and O'Brein which was probably a McGyver descendant

He also had specialized science departmentswith their own department heads on board. Like the one he was banging for that one episode

>Picard had it on easy mode.
Flagship of the Federation.

Man, Paris was, like, the best helmsman in the galaxy, who only happened to have some minor problems with authority, that could be ironed out under a good (in her own opinion) captain.

>Paris was, like, the best helmsman in the galaxy

Wouldn't data be better than any human at flying?

Data would be better than any human at everything, my friend.
Remember that one time when he went nuts and took control of Enterprise on his own? Why's the Fed not replicating Data's and manning starships with them is a mystery only the Federation higher-ups know the answer to.
Not to mention they wouldn't even need that many of them to run a ship effectively, with automation and the mainframe computer.

>had the backing of Q
You mean constantly getting fucked with by Q?
With backers like that who needs enemies.

they can't build other Datas, they don't have the technology to replicate them

>Data would be better than any human at everything, my friend.

tng makes a point of showing data is vastly inferior to humans in some ways

They ain't doing anything about it either.
Even a fucking hologram projection could work (see: Moriarty, the Doc). They should stop fucking around and pump all the money into AI research.

It's the Spock case. Niggas wanted to be people instead of being superior to them.

Picard > Sisko > Kirk > Janeway > Archer

This. Part of being a great leader is knowing how to pick your team. He also was never afraid of getting his own hands dirty, and working alongside his team.

Picard is the best captain for a lot of reasons.

I agree with this, but I really like Picard, Sisko, Kirk it is genuinely difficult for me to pick who I like most.

That being said, in terms of ability, I think this is correct.

There were plenty of situations that only Picard could handle.

Troi is utterly useless though.

Kirk is in an entirely different league than Sisko

How many times did Data malfunction though? If he were a human wouldn't he have been declared Section 8 a long time ago?

>They should stop fucking around and pump all the money into AI research.

Yeah, I'm sure that will go well and in no way end up back firing in to a Borg like entity. There are just things that you can't rely on machines for.

Enterprise died too soon. They should have gave it one more season or they should have gotten their act together sooner at least. Maybe then they could have avoided cancellation.

Jellico was the better captain.

Kirk was a retard most of the time.

Q liked him too much to do any real harm. HE was more like practice, kept Picard fit so he could take on the rest of the universe.

>tfw without Q fuckery they would have never met the Borg before it was too late

>Ships counselor can read emotions and instantly tell when anyone is lying
>Can't tell until it's too late 90% of the time
Fucking usless

>It's a Q shitposting IRL episode

Is Data permanently Officer-on-Watch since he doesn't need to sleep?

Probably not the primary one since they try to treat me like a regular crew member and give him rest time, but I'm sure he's on call and first to step up if someone needs off.

Kind of feel bad for Riker in that sense, since he's the only average Joe surrounded by superhumans on the Enterprise.

One episode showed him taking the captain's chair at night. Not sure when he takes his rest time

Greatness attracts greatness. It's no surprise the best captain had the best crew.

You're talking about Data's Day, right? I'm pretty sure he only started "sleeping" when he unlocked his dream functions.

Daily reminder than "ship counselor" is an euphemism for "Starfleet political comissar"
>Exists out of the chain of command
>Sits on the right of the Captain
>Can remove the captain from his position if his "mental state" is not right
>Upholds the values of the Federation
>Her duty is to keep up the moral of the crew
>Can almost read your fucking mind

Well it was written by commies after all.

Well Troy was super useless and never did anything. She was a glorified Therapist that always told Picard and Co. the most obvious shit.
>Captain I sense hostility in this Romulan

>Exists out of the chain of command
Isn't she a Commander by season 5 or 6?

>Upholds the values of the Federation
>Her duty is to keep up the moral of the crew
>Can almost read your fucking mind
Picard does all of these things already.

>tow the line
lmao holy shit brainlet

>Cunstable Helen of Troy what is the emotion state blah blah literally who cares
>Commander Jean-Claude Poopoo Peepee, you have autism from PTSD of things that happend sometime before
>I don't care, space nigger Wolf, Bearded Biker drive us to planet North Korea, we'll use reason and proverbs and shit instead of our laserguns. I literally believe what Reddit believes.
>Captain Poirot, Commodore 64 Beta is malfunctioning! Again!
Who watches this garbage?

They were actively trying to replicate data's design throughout the series. Only data himself ever succeeded by producing lal

What makes you think that? Without the Borg being told where the Feddies were, they would hqve more time to develop their technology without constant Borg attacks setting them back. Imagine if Q wasn't there and Captain Braxton was the first to meet the Borg.

I think the Borg were already traveling toward the Alpha quadrant and the federation, this without taking in consideration Voyager

>Borg attacks
>setting them back

The Borg is the only reason the Federation got off their asses and developed new tech. Without the Borg then the Defiant would never have been developed and the Federation would have lost to the Dominion.

>the defiant
>being useful in any shape or way
>designed to fight the Borg
>sucked at it

Meanwhile Janeway with a simple intrepid class destroyed a queen and the ability of the borg to travel through the galaxy

Janeway used 7 to accomplish those feats.
Worfs defiant saved the earth

>used 7 to accomplish those feats

and who decided to help 7 to begin with? Janeway. So it's her merit as a good captain and a good judge of character.

>Worfs defiant saved the earth

no, it didn't?

Bullshit.

Sisko, Picard, and Kirk are entirely suited for different tasks.

If I needed a negotiator or politician? I'd pick Picard.

If I needed an explorer? I'd pick Kirk.

If I needed a military leader? I'd pick Sisko.

Kirk and Picard are in no way suited for the stresses, and incredibly hard decision making that comes with an actual war. Sisko is.

For instance, imagine if Picard was in charge of DS9 instead of Sisko. He would have lost that outpost so fast, and very probably would have been killed the same way that Admiral who followed Sisko was. I always assumed that they had that Admiral die to show us what would have happened if Picard was running the show, and not Sisko.

What's Star Treks reasoning for there being so many humanoid alien species?

Lol nope

Kirk and Picard would have done fine.

He was captain of that bucket of bolts the Stargayzer for 23 years, don't you think he earned it?

>Picard
>"I'M GOING TO TRY AND NEGOTIATE PEACEFULLY WITH THE MINDLESS, SUICIDAL JIHADIS."

Really? You really think his ass wouldn't have gotten killed on first contact?

Kirk would have been okay, but he played too close to the front. I can't imagine a situation where he wasn't killed after trying to tango with too many Jem'Hadar ships. This is basically what happened to a lot of the Klingons, and they had cloaks.

So you didn't actually see any of the shows outside of DS9 right?

Gotcha

I've watched TOS, TNG, DS9, and half of Voyager.

I can't get past the opening on Enterprise, and Voyager just gets too retarded for me to try and finish.

I've also seen all of the movies, except a few TNG ones.

and yet you perpetuate the meme that Picard was some kind of pacifist

and like you said Kirk was a trained soldier who fought wars so he was way more qualified for that position than someone like Sisko

Kirk was a trained soldier who was willing to go to war, but he never fought wars. The Organians forced a peace treaty on him before he could go to war.

apparently humans and most other humanoids share a common distant ancestor

They went to war later on anyway until that one Klingon's moon exploded destroying their energy production capabilities

They had a cold war, not a hot war.

The most action we ever saw was one ship blowing up and another being captured in III.

>and yet you perpetuate the meme that Picard was some kind of pacifist

He very much was though. He did everything he could to minimize the loss of life, and often burned time trying to think of the possible greater ethical problems than the actual repercussions of his actions. There is nothing wrong with this, he is literally the only guy I'd pick for the job in a lot of situations but not as the offensive coordinator for a massive, sector wide war.

After everything was finished, then I'd bring Picard in. He'd be way more useful doing humanitarian missions, and trying to build relationships.

Kirk was a trained soldier, yes, but as the other user pointed out - that was mostly a Cold War with greater political stakes than anything. The Fed-Cardie war that O'Brien took part in was considerably more hostile, albeit on a much smaller scale.

Really, I just wouldn't pick Kirk because he would probably want to lead from the front, and would try to do anyway even if he was explicitly told not to.

Sisko knew what he could get away with, and what he couldn't. He kept to the rear and played diplomat far more than he struck out and fought. He was capable of seeing the broader picture, knew why he was instrumental, and simultaneously was a good captain. He struck a nice middle ground between Kirk and Picard. That's why in an actual open war, I'd want to stick with Sisko and not the other two.