The game of thrones fandom is literally Harry Potter-tier at this point

The game of thrones fandom is literally Harry Potter-tier at this point.

Why is it so cancerous Sup Forums? Fucking normies are always trying to get me to watch this shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

asearchoficeandfire.com/?q=stretched his legs&scope[]=agot&scope[]=adwd&scope[]=acok&scope[]=asos&scope[]=affc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He doesn't deserve her, fuck that sloth motherfucker

>at this point

You would have been right about 3 years ago, nowadays even /got/ fants dont give a shit much about it

The r/got immigrants that come here and try to change the board should tell you enough about their fanbase

ASOIAF was better when it was just lesser known in the mainstream but popular among fantasy circles. I really hate how the Harry Potter crowd has just attached themselves to the series because it is suddenly hip and cool to like.

Glad i dropped it after the 4th series, most people i meet can not get there head around that someone would stop watching the show.

Because the show is basically potter the edge edition

so take the worst of the potter fandom, they've "grown-up", and throw in the edge

Its cancerous because its one of the dullest franchise in the history of tv franchises haha. Each episode following the Jon Snow and his pals from Winterfell as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the seriesüf only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when DND vetoed the idea of Stannis deciding to burn his daughter; They made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for their Show. The game of Thrones series might be anti-Christian (or not), but itüfs certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books are g-g-good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. DND's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that they have no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Gme of Thrones by the same Preston Jacobs. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Game of Thrones at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read The God Delusion." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Game of Thrones" you are, in fact, trained to read some real pretentious edgy shit

>u seedat wawkin ded
>u seedat gamo thrones
>u seedat rouge wun

Nigga did you seriously remove Clifford For President

My missus is watching it from episode 1 onwards and started recently.

She is just about to watch The Red Wedding episode and knows zero spoilers going in as she never cared when it was everywhere.

I wish I could have done the same.

>The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."
asearchoficeandfire.com/?q=stretched his legs&scope[]=agot&scope[]=adwd&scope[]=acok&scope[]=asos&scope[]=affc
you should at least try to make it different from the harry potter pasta

How did it blow up so massively? I remember when it was just us bookfags enjoying a nice comfy adaptation with a few questionable minor changes. Was it really The Red Wedding that fucked the entire fanbase since D&D started catering more to cheap shocks for ratings?

Fandoms, in general, are the worst thing to happen to art and entertainment. Period.

Thanks for that, Star Trek fags.

>missus

Aaaaand you have to go back.

It was the first time I ever noticed 'reaction videos' on youtube.

They had pubs full of people watching an episode all crying and bawwing at the same time while someone filmed on their phone etc.

Couple this with a million individual reaction videos to go with it.

>tfw no kristen-bell gf to roleplay as Val/Ygritte in bed

I hate to be that guy, but I liked it better when it was somehow 'niche'.

I feel like at a certain point (Red Wedding) the show's popularity exploded to astonishing levels and from there onwards it never recovered, after that it was barely possible to have a discussion about it without some retards screaming out KHALEEEESI and LOL EVERYONE DIES every three seconds. That has to be the worst part of it, the goddamn fanbase. Not that it didn't drop in quality, mind you, I don't want to know what went through the writers' minds when all of sudden they decided to make up their own stories even for the big stuff, and I'm mostly referring to Jaime's atrocious show arc.

>LOL EVERYONE DIES
fuck i hate when everyone spews that meme
3 pov characters have died and two of them have/will come back to life

curse of the normies, sophists & philistines.

fucking pathetic

>The game of thrones fandom is literally Harry Potter-tier at this point.
Not really, but both are insufferable.

Normies being amazed that a show would kill off main characters. The Red Wedding made D&D realise that idiot normies think killing everyone is good writing. Plus it attracts all the GURL POWER shit thanks to Dany.

same

I DONT LIKE HOW PEOPLE LIKE THINGS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I DON'T LIKE HOW PEOPLE DISLIKE THINGS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You remember wrong, kid.

user didn't say that. Is reality that hard for you to decode faggot?

nah harry potter fandom is much less autistic and much more chill than that. they dont go batshit over anything

>people acting hipster over game of thrones

You guys are pathetic.

>He doesn't deserve her
Why not?

(you)

>that college finger snipping
Every time

I dropped it at Ice Maul, no regrats

>those females trying to act like they know what's going on
>that one with the hipster glasses and red lipstick
gross

please stop, this one doesn't work like imagine

>baratheon house words
>stark
>wildling
this triggers my outism

>Why so cancerous

Because its normies. Normies are always cancerous.

Kirsten Bell is the hottest girl on the planet

Did JD dye his hair blond?

>this is what being a normie is like

no fucking thanks

*snap* *snap* to that my brother!

Why did he do it? Did the books not make enough money?

>this wide array of emotions for a show where, if questioned, you could only remember two or three character names
Hmmmm.

What does acting 'hipster' mean?

They get greedy. They literally sell their soul.

It's a tax scam

Ya it's an absolute joke. I read the series back in the day and don't even give a shit anymore. The new fans are so fucking cringeworthy with my Le Khalessi!!! Faggots.

who is she? she's really hot
/would memorise random got facts to impress

Also, do we all agree that s1-4 were actually really good television before the latter seasons shit all over everything?

I hate his face so much, what an unfunny pretentious dillhole.

Also scrubs is garbage, fight me.

All dragons, elves & wizards shit like this, Lord of the Rings etc. is Harry Potter tier. It's even worse because it's taken seriously by adults.

Stop completing books

Aren't we simply berating the people that fake an attachment for the show now that it's become equatable with "le edgy serious fantasy show that shows you're such a neeeeeeeerrrrrd xP"? This doesn't even skip around the issue of being mad that it's gotten popular, but more than in getting popular, it's drawn in people who masquerade as huge GoT maniacs for reasons that I've stated above, but who when engaged with about the show (or books), can't comment any further than saying "haha such funny dwarf", "haha Kalheeesiii so cool", or "haha so clever, they kill off important characters, great writing!!".
Trust me, speaking as someone who delved into the books before they were submitted into television format, I couldn't be happier that I have more people to chat about with, but you also have to concede that some people who pretend to love the show are also huge faggots only there for the social standing associated with watching it.

GoT was always plebshit

I must think he has a huge cock

I wish I was not spoiled by Sup Forums/counter culture shit and could just go hang out there with my buds, have a beer, flirt with girls from campus. god I want to FIT IN. but no, you internet fuckers spoiled all the fun in the life for me with your fucking redpills

when did he imply that you said that? lmao
also you call him a faggot... thanks god i will never be as insecure as you

good thinking. season 5 and 6 were pure cringe

>wanting to fit into that shit

that danny scene was probably the dumbest thing i've ever seen on television.

GOT is now just a spectacle to them rather than a piece of fiction, they watch it because other people are watching and don't want to be left out. I think a good minority of it know how bad it is but don't want to speak out against the minority. Not to mention easy likes for women on social media.

What? They ran out of material, thats why they are making stuff up now

Hey! I happen to know the user you're replying to very well and he has a heart of gold and has done more for mankind then your tiny mind could ever even begin to contemplate, also he's my best friend, so don't call him insecure, he fucks a dif women everyday, faggot.

t. not that user

just missing them simple joys of life

Not the same user but she is too good for him.

I was iny English Comp class and the teacher asked if anyone has seen game of thrones. Then like 10 people started to him the theme song out loud. Cringest moment I experienced in real life.

every danny scene is THAT danny scene

Dax seems like a good guy, and I am happy for him and Kristen.
Also GoT is mediocre. nothing more, nothing less.

This. Try asking them any question relating to the plot and they'll likely give you some general answer. They watch but they don't listen. Hard mode: try to get the to name a secondary character and explain their motivations.

Oh, how long have you known her?

apparently he knows them better than you do tumblrina

You can enjoy life without hanging out with hipster dickheads who snap their fingers instead of clapping.

>You can enjoy life without hanging out with hipster dickheads who clap during movies

this is how retarded you sound

It's true doe

there's nothing wrong with snapping fingers
there's nothing wrong with clapping during movies

get over yourself

>wh*te "people"

this tbqh

>there's nothing wrong with snapping fingers
>there's nothing wrong with clapping during movies
I strongly disagree with both of these.
Not that it has any bearing on the question of enjoying life without associating with this specific kind of people

>get over yourself
Yeah you should.

>>get over yourself
>Yeah you should.

Says the high and mighty cunt standing alone on a pedestal

>implying at least half of these disgusting city hipsters aren't Jewish

after the 4th season is where it stopped being kino but it's still well worth watching for some of the spectacle.

Rogue one was actually good and the normies didn't even like it.

Is he, dare I say it, /ourguy/?

Literally noone outside of America claps during movies.
You're just an failed normie desperate to fit in by defending every retarded bullshit

>not snapping instead of clapping
>high and mighty
Oh boy are you in for a surprise

Hi redit

>Literally noone outside of America claps during movies
no one*

And your wrong. UK does this as well as the Dutch, to name a few.
>still being a dismissive cunt

I bet you're just the most pleasant person.

I can't even imagine living like this.

>always, constantly, anal-retentively keeping up "muh woke" appearances because you know a camera is on you

it's as if the entire Millennials generation are those faggots who LARP but always forget to not be in character everywhere else in their pathetic lives.

I've read the books and I get how there are a ton of characters to keep up with but I'm always struck by how so many people watch this show and still have no idea who is who or what a character's name is. I had a friend who watched FIVE seasons and still had no idea who "Tyrion" was supposed to be

>And your wrong. UK does this as well as the Dutch, to name a few.

>Dutch

fuck, I thought they weren't retarded.

>the Jon Snow
2/10

>I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated.
>Not "Words are wind".
You tried.

>UK does this as well
I've lived in the UK my whole life.

No one does this outside of an actual film festival.

Stop projecting.

It's a great show. But some people just get way too into shit.

The show has been shit for a while. You're just wearing nostalgia goggles.

>claim completely ridiculous bullshit
>"I disagree with this statement"
>"You massive cunt"
Okay

>UK does this as well as the Dutch
>UK and Dutch is one person
>in a discussion about not associating with people who clap during movies
Why the fuck are you trying so hard?

>I bet you're just the most pleasant person.
Yeah. Because I don't make my confidence not dependent on other people agreeing with me and start retarded fights on the internet over them.

kek, people actually clap at movies in burgerland?
I thought it was just a meme.

Anyway, you don't have to hang out with absolute normies to partake in the simple pleasures of life. Normies are the common denominator.

Hanging out with normies is unfruitful and frankly boring. All they talk about is capeshit, someone in their life they don't like and well.. normie shit. I'd rather have a few friends I can talk about stuff i care about with than a 100 friends like normies have that only take about the most asinine, STUPIDEST shit, which is the life I have anyway.
Trust me, you're not missing out on anything by not fitting in with these absolute hipster dickwads.

wait is the snapping lady wearing a maga cap?

Game of thrones hasn't been around long enough to evoke nostalgia.

Official power ranking:

>being alone
>hanging with family
>hanging with Chads
>hanging with Cyborgs
>hanging with normies
>hanging with robots
>hanging with failed normies (reddit tier)

It's been here since 2011. You can be nostalgic of things you did 2-3 years back. It has no specific time period.