1. Your language

1. Your language
2. How many countries is it an official language in?

1. Swedish
2. 2 countries. It could've possibly have been in 3 countries today if the russians didn't expell all the swedish speakers from Estonia

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=laebMk_wdMU
forskning.no/sprak/2016/12/hvorfor-forstar-ikke-danskene-norsk
sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veckoslut
youtube.com/watch?v=VTDDEDzQh6s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

wait, I thought middle eastern countries spoke Arabic?

hej min kaverin jag är mennä alko

xD

Jag heter Peter och jag knulla din mamma :D

youtube.com/watch?v=laebMk_wdMU

Dutch

Official language in the yellow countries.
also kind of official in the countries that got territories from us in the world wars.
French did their best to make the Alsacians not use their German dialect anymore but their is still a good minority using it.
We had more German speakers in eastern Europe like Transilvania (Siebenbürgen), the baltic countries or Russia (Volga Germans that Catherine the great invited and Stalin fucked). After WW2 German speakers were chased away or they moved to Germany on their own like in the case of the Germans in Romania.
There were also many German speakers in the Americas or Australia but because of the world wars many rather used the languages of their new countries so they wouldn't be discriminated against.
In our former colonies there are still some German language islands.
tl;dr WW2 made German a less important language

1. Bokmål
2. One country, Norway. But it's really only broken Danish, and Danish is official language many places.

3, forgot skåne

Explain the deal with nynorsk and bokmål. Both are artificial languages created in the 19th century and you couldn't just decide which to make the official norwegian language so now you use both? Which is more popular?

1. Spanish
2. 20 according to wikipedia.

Bokmål is way more popular, but nynorsk is closer to spoken Norwegian (unless your dialect is modified to be as close to bokmål as possible, which admittedly is how most young people speak nowadays).

Nynorsk is the superior language, but neither of them are really artificial though.

>implying we would affirm the supremacy of former colonial overlords like the cucks up north did

The thing is we were the other part of Sweden for 700 years. You were actually just a colonial possession to them. for a short time before getting buttfucked by the tzar. And in our case Tzar thought that we would be revolting and useless unless given a cryptostate from where to govern democratically.

it must be weird for someone who speaks one of those obscure northern dialects to use bokmål

>we

Eastern and Northern and Finland don't exist?

I don't know if northern dialects are that obscure, but I think to most people there's just "northern Norwegian" without making distinctions between different types. I think it should be fine for them, most do it and hate nynorsk.

But the coolest dialects are actually a bit more to the south. Northern dialects do have some cool things, but I believe there's more density of cool and different stuff more to the south. Northern Norway has always had relatively easy travel with everyone living on the coast, the more isolated locations are in southern Norway.
And to many, even nynorsk, which is what some use, may be just as weird as bokmål is to northern Norway because modern nynorsk is quite degenerate mostly made for people from eastern and middle Norway and not that much for the west and the more isolated parts.

>Albanian
>3 Countries, Albania, Kosovo and Macedonia

BOKMÅL AND NYNORSK AREN'T LANGUAGES! THE ONLY OFFICIAL LANGUAGE OF NORWAY IS NORWEGIAN!
REEEEEEE

1. Canada
2. English (the best according to science), 67 countries and 27 territories

Dansk
In Denmark and on the Faroese islands, officially. But lets be honest; it's also spoken in Greenland, Iceland, Norway, Skåne and Schleswig-Holstein

But it feels wrong to say you speak Norwegian when you only speak bokmål which is fake Norwegian imitating Danish. It may be technically true, but I refuse to accept bokmål as proper Norwegian

9 countries + 1""""country""""

They weren't a part of Sweden and Russia?

Oh wow what kind of historical subversion have i've been thought at school, silly me

>Norway, Skåne and Schleswig-Holstein
wrong, out of those only schleswig has a tiny minority speaking danish.

Wrong, bókmål is danish with a few changed words, and it's by no means a small minority in northern Germany.
Du burde besoge verden en dag; forlade mors kælder, bare i en enkelt weekend :)

But you don't "speak" bokmål, you write it! Målform, not talespråk!

>Scanian formed part of the old Scandinavian dialect continuum and are by most historical linguists considered to be an East Danish dialect group,[2] but
Technically traditional Scanian be an East Danish dialect, not Swedish.

And nynorsk activists's favourite insult against language they don't like is to say that it's Danish.

It's a stupid distinction, yes I may have some pronunciation rules from certain parts of the country but the vocabulary and grammar are both modeled after bokmål.

>traditional Scanian
Which nobody in Skåne speaks. They speak modern scanian, which is swedish.

>Bokmål
Based on the Norwegianized form of Danish used in law and higher class.
Despite the epik may mays I wouldn't call it Danish, because at the moment it's very close to the Eastern dialects (which are a natural evolution even though people don't believe that) and has a very noticeable grammar difference from Danish.
>Nynorsk
Based on Western dialects.

>And nynorsk activists's favourite insult against language they don't like is to say that it's Danish.
Doesn't make it so. It is similar to danish, but it's still of the norwegian language.

lmao, you are actually fucking retarded if that's what you think.
bokmål is just the written language based on danish which is not the same as the vernacular language composed of nearly dozens of dialects all over the country. southern schleswig has 10k danish speakers at most today, which is tiny compared to the 2.8 million living in schleswig-holstein.

not that I expect an autist to know actual facts, so keep masturbating to your cringy greater denmark fantasies.

You wrote 'spoken in', yet there's not a single dialect in Norway that could under any circumstances qualify as Danish. The closest being the dialects near the coast of Agder, which I from personal experience know many Danes are unable to understand, as the Danish tourists here in Kristiansand often switch to English.

forskning.no/sprak/2016/12/hvorfor-forstar-ikke-danskene-norsk

>when you only speak bokmål which is fake Norwegian imitating Danish
A language cant be fake. Spoken norwegian have not actually changed that much since the 1400s. Bokmål was based on danish but fitted to be closer to orally eastern norwegian. The fact that bokmål is fitted to the spoken language is the reason Bokmål - Standarad Eastern Norwegian is closer to each other then spoken and written danish.

Not a part of Sweden for 700 years though and that number applies maybe to Åland only anyway.

> it must be weird for someone who speaks one of those obscure northern dialects to use bokmål

Actually their dialects are not that different from bokmål.

also why do you speak about danish when you don't even speak it properly yourself?
>Du burde besoge verden en dag; forlade mors kælder, bare i en enkelt weekend :)
are you a nigger or underaged?
it should be "Du burde besoge verdenen en dag; forlad mors kælder, bare i en enkel weekend"

1. Engsk
2. 51 countries apparently :DDD

only 1 country (´༎ຶོρ༎ຶོ`)

The anglos seriously have to be purged.

It goes both ways. Spoken language in Oslo was fitted to be closer to Danish before the written language was changed to be closer to their speach.
There are huge differences between Bokmål and the Oslofjord dialects, especially in grammar, but they are everywhere. The headlines everywhere are shouting that feminine gender is disappearing, which is a direct influence by Danish and a major difference between bokmål and Oslofjord dialects.
List of differences:
- bokmål makes no distinciton between feminine and masculine in plural
- bokmål strong verbs are a complete mess in perfective form, no system or order
- major systematic differences in how the words sound, for example "melk" instead of "mjölk" based forms
- plural pronouns make distinction in third person, but not in second person, the complete opposite of what exists in Norwegian dialects
- completely replaced words

>proper danish
>weekend

what would you use instead? "helg"? because you won't meet a native danish speaker that uses any word other than "weekend"

ugeende or ugeskifte

Explain yourself.

literally no one uses that, "weekend" is the official danish word for it today.

see pic, it's in the dictionary but it's a completely extinct word in the danish language.

From Wikiepdia it looks like "helg" is not the most popular word in Swedish, they usually use "veckoslut"
sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veckoslut

It makes me proud to see that Norway has the best word for this. (But it's not like we are innocent, it's getting super common to use "weekend" in Norway too especially for langhelg)

you need to bring it back or at the very least fix the spelling, why do you write "weekend" instead of " viken" for example?

desu I would prefer everyone to sing in their own languages. The only decent song that a non-anglo country has performed in english in eurovision is this absolute banger from Sverige which didnt even make it to the final

youtube.com/watch?v=VTDDEDzQh6s

>you need to bring it back or at the very least fix the spelling
there's no movement here for linguistic purism so it's unlikely that this will ever happen. we have already replaced so many words with english words and we can't even follow through with a grammatically correct adaptation of said words.

we use the word "teenager" despite it being grammatically incorrect in 90% of its use in our language, but still no one cares about it.
danish is already a dead language in my opinion, most people don't even know how to spell correctly and just warp the rules to their liking. I've seen public officials who misspell words and get away with it because this language is mangled beyond repair.

>Not official with majority
How about you come here and find this majority and then enjoy their english?

Please bring Swedish back to Estonia.

Russian
In Belarus, Russia, Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan I guess

found one
(You)

i didnt make the map though mein schatz. please forgive me

Veckoslut is never used unless you're +80. Helg is always used.

Dine såkaldte rettelser er jo ikke korrekte. Stram op, hvis du skal spille smart. Men selv hvis det var tilfældet, ville det være komplet ligegyldigt. Vi er på en japser hjemmeside - ikke til et retstavningskursus, din skide autist

>You wrote 'spoken in'
You are absolutely right - my mistake

That's pretty cool, I guess. Helg is a better word than veckoslut, but both have merit. Can't brag about Norway being superior, though. :(
How did helg spread, by the way? Was is a direct loan from Norway or was it something you decided to do on your own? Because loans are shameful. We probably don't have much influence over you guys anyway, but it's an interesting question.

Hvis man aldri retter på hverandre får stavefeilene spre seg uhindret, som forer til fullstendig kollaps av skriftspråket. Alle bor bestrebe å alltid rette på feil de måtte komme over og diskutere uenigheter slik at språket kan ha hoyest mulig kvalitet.