Is it a bad idea to name your child after a fictional character?

Is it a bad idea to name your child after a fictional character?

why? there are tons of mexicans named jesus

whats hilarious are the niggers that think daenerys name is khaleesi so they name their kids khaleesi

When your name her after the character's title, then yes it is. Hell, Danielle is even a genuine name for females, but instead parents have to stain their children with the name Kalheesi.
You're litterally admitting to your own child that you cared so little for her that you mindlessly named her for some shitty TV show that you didn't even watch enough to figure out that Kalheesi means queen in Khal language.

how many white trash drug dealers do you know with kids named after wrestlers and matrix characters?

Ask this guy

>[current year]
>having a child
Raising children are disgusting

My son Chewbacca thinks his name is cool.

>khal_drogo_pounding.gif

you triggered? At least most of them are actual names unlike L-a (pronounced Le-dash-a)

i named my son after the bassist to a hippie jam band, ama

None since I live in the New England.

Can I name my child "L" like the anime

>didn't even watch enough to figure out that Kalheesi means queen in Khal language.
Even more stupidity, Khaleesi culturally translates to "brood mare". They are naming their kids "rape me for babies"

there was definitely some guy called Jesus causing trouble in Roman province of Palestine during the 3rd decade AD, thing is, considering how history has been rewritten time after time, no one knows what he really did or what his "crime" may actually have been.

Oh fuck I'd forgotten about that too. Thanks for the heads up on that one more tidbit of irony!

>Live in Texas
>Know three different Chuys
>Spent years wondering why so many mexicans liked chewbacca

Yes. Don't do it.
Fictional character names become annoying in real life at some point.

A real name should follow you everywhere. It should be all purpose. It should be serious

I knew twins named Lucas and Leah, named after Luke and Leia. At least their parents had some class about it.

My son is called CIA.

If the name is similar or an actual real name (like naming a kid Jon after Jon Snow) its okay, but naming a kid some wild name thats obviously from fiction is retard and will almost guarantee that the kid will get bullied and shit on until theyre legally allowed to change their name (like naming your kid Gandalf)

Oftentimes yes, but not necessarily. An author from my country, Mika Waltari wrote a famous book called The Egyptian (Sinuhe egyptiläinen), which was published in 1945. It had a chick named Minea in it. Waltari made up the name, but after 1945 it has been given to about 3500 women. In my opinion it's a pretty name, and it's one of the top names for my hypothetical daughter.

However, I would be pretty careful with giving your kids names of fictional characters. I've noticed a trend to try and give the child a unique name no-one else has and usually they end up being strange and cringy. Arya could potentially be a good name for a girl (not in Finland, though), but not Daenerys or Khaleesi. Brandon is already a real name and so is Jon, but Tyrion or Eddard would feel silly.

My son will be called Stringfellow Barracus Knight.

A friend of mine named their kid Link...

>not naming your kid "Kid Link"

depends on the name but for the most part its just cringey. naming your kid after a character that you really like with a reasonable name would be ok, but you cant name your kid bane.

My oldest daughter is named Selina, and my youngest has Talia as a middle name.

The wife has no idea why I wanted those.

My son Doctor Pavel like this name

pic of your wife? is she pear shaped, small tits with a large gut? also glasses and when photographed always appears to have a greasy face?

dont know why i always imagine people with the ugliest of wives when they mention it online. not trying to be a dick.

Yeah nah. His teachings were pretty much in line with what his followers claimed.
>unanimous agreement between first century christians
>his literal brother was a bishop
>killed as king of jews i.e. claiming messianic title

If it's a normal name then who cares. If it's a really dumb fantasy name like Daenerys then you're kid will live a horrible life getting made of constantly and will probably kill themselves as a teenager because you ruined their life before they were even born.

Yes.

Marvelkeks are already thinking of naming their offspring as groot or tony stark

>parents name you after popular tv character in currently running hit show
>writers make the character come out as gay in the next season
>parents disown you

This. If it's a relatively normal-sounding name from a a morally-respectable character, then I guess its ok.

I guess names have to come from somewhere and I can't see us using the same stock of names forever, especially with a lot of old-fashioned ones are dying out now through lack of use. They've gotta come from somewhere I guess.

>I've noticed a trend to try and give the child a unique name no-one else has and usually they end up being strange and cringy.
Because if you just name your kid "Bob" he'll be forced to develop a personality to survive.
Shit I almost got named "Thor" because my dad liked the comic and he's a first generation norwegian immigrant. Then my mom overruled and named me "Chris" which means i was one of six other kids named that all through school.

If you consider the Bible to be fictional then no

I will name my daughter Arwen or Luthien.

if she is white then its ok

*Tips Fedora

M'lady

Of course she is

I don't think it's a bad idea
Source: my son is called Sherlock

Luthien sounds too much like Lucien, a gay French name.

What about Zelda Williams?

I've always thought Sephiroth was a pretty name for a daughter. A son would be Goku though

Zelda was a real name. Sort of.

explain

My name is Ganon.
I've never played legend of Zelda though

her middle name is Rei

I have a friend named Atticus after Atticus Finch.

How big is he?

>I'm dying over here

damn Rob Williams was one helluva weaboo

Not very. Most everyone is a big guy for him.

What about Soda?

Imagine going into an interview and you have to straight faced call yourself Khaleesi or Gandalf

Hey that's not funny, Robin Williams recently died due to suicide to death.

>Anthony
>Feech
>Ralph
>Peter Paul(ie) "Walnuts"
>Robert
>Furio
>Christopher
nothing wrong with these, right?

FUCKING WRECKED.

When I was a senior high school student I found out there was a guy named Anakin in junior

>2017 century
>not having a christian name
>not naming your child after bible people

Disgusting to be honest

Furio is Elder God tier namr

Ask Zelda Williams, daughter of Robin Williams, and interviewee every time a new LoZ game comes out.

>2017
>still falling for 2015 Sup Forums memes

This. A normal name inspired by a fictional character just means you don't have any tradition in your family, and are a bit of a pleb. Giving them a fictional character's name, that was made up for that work of fiction is full on irredeemable garbage tier, since your kid will probably have to spend half their life explaining where they got their name.

>women
>killing themselves over having a fantasy name

friend of mine called his daughter Arwen, and now it seems like the girl will be fat as fuck

Only if the name is normal like Joel, Ellie, Luke or Marty... if you are gonna go for it then make sure to brand your kid forever for bulling like... name him Batman or Sherlock or if you are into anime there is funny...

not if you're a gypsy

Don't you talk shit about the name Lucien

Salut lucien
Tu es un faggot

Que viens-tu de baragouiner à mon sujet, jeune paltoquet ? Sache que je fus le mousquetaire préféré de sa majesté, et j'ai conduit de nombreux assauts sur les adorateurs de Calvin, et j'ai estourbi plus de 300 chiens galeux de ta sorte. Je suis prompt à occire tous les hérétiques, et suis le meilleur arquebusier de toute la chrétienté. Tu n'es rien que de la panse de chien galeux pour moi. Je vais t'anéantir avec un zèle que le genre humain ignore encore, rappelle-toi ces satanés mots. Pensais-tu qu'une échappade furtive suffirait à me couper les bras ? Médite cela, foutriquet. Alors que nous parlons, j'informe mes correspondants dans tous les régiments de dragons qui peuplent la terre natale, et ton nom de baptême circule de bouche en bouche dans les plus sombres tavernes du royaume, si bien que tu ferais mieux de faire tes prières devant le sort infâme qui t'attend, sac à purin. Le sort qui anéantira le sale je ne sais quoi que tu appelles, avec outrecuidance, ta vie. Tu es déjà décédé, foutredieu. Je puis apparaître partout, n'importe quand, pour t'occire de sept cent manières différentes, sans même daigner enlever mes gants. Mortecouille, je suis plus qu'aguerri à couper les jarrets des marauds comme toi, et j'ai de surcroît tous les canons du royaume de France à ma disposition, et j'en ferai bon usage pour pulvériser ta carcasse de renégat et en débarrasser la couronne de France, nom d'un chien. Si seulement tu savais quelle divine rétribution ton petit commentaire de jean-foutre allait faire choir sur tes abattis, peut-être aurais-tu tourné sept fois la langue dans ton misérable gosier. Mais tu ne le pus, tu ne le fis, et tu en recueilles à présent l'effroyable moisson, triple buse. La fureur du ciel va pleuvoir sur ton enveloppe terrestre, et tu t'y noieras sans échappatoire. Tu vas rejoindre le Père éternel, cornichon.

Calvinist here. Rude much?

Hell, even if your parents tried to go for the less mainstream option Mithrandir sounds just as retarded.

Just naming your kid Dany works, though. That's what's she's called by anyone who cares for her, anyways.

Well damn, apparently I can read French.

I intend to give my children biblical names. Maybe names of widely revered saints.

>And this is my wife's son Hubertus
It's like you want him to become an atheist

I'm naming my kid The Driver, give me one good reason why it isn't the perfect name for a future autistic man

You have no son and no women will ever reproduce with you

oh shit you're right. That is a major flaw in my plan.

First post best post

I knew this would be said, just didn't think it would be the first one.

>le reddit hat may may

The only biblical name fit for one of your kids is Onan and you know it.

Too tired to Google translate, is this the Navy seal copypasta

>parents name me soren
>people think they really like lord of the rings

Is your neice called Khaleesi lmao

get memed on

It have the same formula but it's not a navy seal it's about a Noble french knight

>knight

But it mentions musketeers and dragoons...

This is one of the most envy-filled, passive-aggressive posts I've ever seen on Sup Forums. Saving it.

How's the gig at Cracked going?

>calling his wife ugly
>passive aggressive
pick one

my wife's son is named Amadeus after the movie

seems to like it

l2read Pedro you have to go back

A friend of mine has a friend named Ford after Ford Prefect. baka desu senpai

Nice meme kids. It beats telling my child that I named them after somebody from a Zack Snyder movie.