Why aren't there away fans in American sports?

Why aren't there away fans in American sports?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PMvFW1HT13s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

america is BIG

Because the Away teams have a 68% chance of losing in American sports

What? There are tons.

there are when the teams are a few hours drive apart. noone is gonna pay for a plane ticket to go to an away game unless its hugely important

I want to have coitus with that female

There are lots of away fans. Are you asking why there are no traveling away fans? Because the answer should be pretty obvious, we've got more territory than the entire EU. Not exactly feasible to go jetting around the country to follow your team.

But do they have TIGERS?

>turn around I gotta do something real quick, just lean against that wall

Out country is also quite large and when we had away fans people would travel to any part of the country to follow their team. Also, the whole Latin America is bigger than the USA and here fans travel to other countries to watch thier team play away in continental competitions

Not an excuse

brehs

The USA is 4 times larger than Argentina and almost half your country is virtually empty. Looking at the map of your clubs, they're all very concentrated, it seems like half of them are located in a single city. American teams are very spread out, every corner of the country has a team except for Hawaii/Alaska.

Most games I've went to in my life was as a road fan in football. Regular season baseball, basketball, and hockey games are so numerous no one is going to make a trip out of it

College sports have away sections but pro teams everyone sits together. I’m sure you knew this already but I guess you’re bored

Cute how ignored the second part of my post

Here and in Europe people travel for group stage games too

for me its not rio negro

sweatingman.jpg

And here is an map of NFL teams for comparison, remember that the continental US is much, much larger than Argentina too. It's common to see traveling fans for teams that are very close to one another (Giants/Eagles, Chicago/Green Bay), but for the most part the distances involved just make the whole thing not worth it.

>Cute how ignored the second part of my post
I'm addressing regular season games. Playoff games are a whole different story. Those definitely have a decent number of traveling away fans.

because we can sell out the stadium to home fans and aren't cucked by rules that forced them to sell a section to away fans (yet)

You idiot, away fans are great because they challenge home fans to make some actual noise.

at pro games it is impossible to make noise since you are constantly barraged by stupid shit blaring on the loudspeakers. it is useless to try. also there are away fans, like the user a few posts above said, but they just sit mixed in, there is no special section for them separated by security guards since we don't have much history of violence between fans

Ever watch Arizona/Phoenix play a team from California?

>make some actual noise

When? In between the singing and semen slurping?

if you had real atmosphere you wouldn't have people talking thru the speakers

it's easier to notice in basketball, the guy screaming on the speakers "d fence" so the fans also do it, if you had real fans you wouldn't need speakers or to play music

and it isn't because of the sport, check basketball games in argentina or europe and we have real atmospheres

That's because californians are a cancer on this nation and are invading most every state.

You don't get it. The league will penalize a team if they don't play the prescribed soundtrack. it has nothing to do with the fans not making noise.

>The league will penalize a team if they don't play the prescribed soundtrac
wot

money talks, and official league "partners" have it

American sports atmosphere is pathetic t b h

The NBA is deliberately trying to make basketball games into an "experience" that non-basketball fans can enjoy. Part of that involves forcing silly formulaic shit. So every team has the stupid organ music, the D-FENCE chants, the EVERYBODY CLAP YOUR HANDS, and of course, the fucking t-shirt cannons.

This is the last Olympics, basketball game between Argentina and the USA

There is music and you can still hear the Argentine fans outsing it and cover it

youtube.com/watch?v=PMvFW1HT13s

I went to a clipper game last season with a friend and it felt like I was on acid.

College football does and with their own section like soccer. Only time I've ever heard of that happening was the Jacksonville Jaguars had an away section against the Broncos in the playoffs back in 96.

I'm a fan of her away if you know what I mean

looks like people trying to bring soccer chant culture to a sport that doesn't need it. just watch the game

>just watch the game
Are you unironically suggesting you can't cheer and watch the game at the same time?

I went to a lot of Heat games as a kid and I felt the same way. It's fucking surreal, you'd barely even notice anybody was playing basketball.

>D-FENCE
>KISS CAM
>EVERYBODY CLAP YOUR HANDS
>DANCE CAM
>D-FENCE
>Generic pop song popular at that time
>D-FENCE
>T-SHIRT GIVEAWAY!

I'd honestly rather watch at home, at least I can mute the commercials and talk with friends/drink cheap alcohol.

My team will not sell to visitors from entire states in certain games, most notably against the Blackhawks because they have such a large away presence. However at other games this year I've seen large away crowds from Calgary and Boston. At least in hockey, there are teams that have large diasporas or fans willing to travel from what I've seen.

they're jumping up and down and swinging towels and shirts in each other's face, you can't see shit

kek I remember when that kind of backfired and just prompted more Hawks fans to show up

There was a rapper who performed at half time. Everyone but my friend had bracelets that lit up every time the Clippers scored. They had this urban drum band right in my ears going section to section. The real weird thing is growing up in So Cal I never even heard of a Clipper fan.

Please, name of OP girl

>islas malvinas
kek

traveling away fans exist they just don't get special treatment with their own safe zones unlike commie poverty ball

as an
>iggles
fan i've been to games in North Jersey, Maryland and Buffalo

when away fans come here to philly they get a rough time especially if they are dallas trash

get rekt boludo

Have you seen any blackhawk, flyers, penguins, and especially leaf games AWAY?

buying stock in black girls desu

Black don't crack so it's a good investment

why do you guys consistently demonstrate how retarded and uninformed you are?

t. too fat to jump up and down

Distance. Our away days are about 600 miles travelling, tops, some American teams are thousands of miles apart and since most Americans only care about their team when they win, it's really not worth all that travelling since away teams are at a disadvantage.

the shittiest teams in the NFL still manage to sell out games. and i'm not just talking about normal shitty i'm talking about teams that aren't going to the playoffs until at least 2025.

source?
big if true

Where can I find myself a negro woman like that?

But they're still in the top division, right?

>NICE TO KNOW YOURE FUCKING HERE

>having such little local fans that your team has tickets bought up by away fans

But on the score card SF is on the left, that means they're the home team.

because there no home fans either, they are all customers

Because Americans are plastic as fuck. For them, sports are nothing more than entertainment. It's the same as watching tv for them.

literally this
also the fact that most americans look like pic related and can't move much

>having so few people living in your city you build hotels for visitors

same logic

Top division? There are 8 divisions in the NFL, and they're sorted by region (roughly) not by quality. Which one is 'top' is a) typically subjective and b) changes from year to year.

too fat and lazy to travel.

because no one really cares. if the team is bad, you forget about them as soon as they are out of the race. if the team is good, it seems fans come out of nowhere to support them.

id go into a deep example but im phoneposting because of hiro and i dont feel like it. its the mets and yankees in alternate years example.

wtf, is this true?

>Tierra del Fuego
>is all snow and ice

You are not thinking like an american yet, my friend. Headbang into a wall for four hours then think about it.

No, that's backwards idiot.

Away team @ home team.
Every time, every sport

>filter all the gay shitty non-American sports boards
>OP finds a way around my filters where this thread shows up in my catalog
I would shoot you and rape your ugly family if I wasn't busy counting all the more money I have than your poor ass right now.

>Away team @ home team.
What kind of retarded format is that?
Home team first, always. They are at home afterall

>Argies btfo

In hockey they literally put embargos on rivalry games so Away fans dont invade.

There are away fans, but we're actually (mostly) civilized people and don't need to put them in their own separate corner to prevent fights. Hooliganism thankfully isn't a thing here.

In baseball, the first organized sport that got big in America, the home team bats second. Thus, box scores listed them as such. Every other sport takes their cues from that.

>Every other sport takes their cues from that.
You trying to suggest baseball is the first organised sport or something?

I thought it was rather obvious that I was talking about American sports, but yeah sure dude. You can get angry about it.

Problem is, it makes sense in baseball, so the home team has an advantage, but

Not every sport is baseball. There's absolutely no reason AT ALL for home teams to wear white jerseys or have their name displayed after the away team.

>This retarded Paki in here trying to shill his third world teamname arrangement convention
someone do something about that acid chuckign shithole please

>I was talking about American sports
>"every sport"

No, but it comes from that tradition in baseball. That's what I was explaining.
Yeah, feel free to be mad about you taking my post to mean something else. I know most Europeans are like this

>English reading comprehension

You forget that americans don't realise there is a world beyond their own boarders

It's the most retarded thing ever.

>At
>Not home vs. away

If the team is full of bandwagoners, they'll show up. And don't forget the occasional hipster/unironic fan of the visiting team.

>Tfw Denver Donkey fan in NY

>boarders

okay Abdul

>boarders

>being this much of a brainlet

That is how middle easterners spell """"borders"""". Deal with it fats

Yeah, I pointed that out immediately, you retard.

>smarter than you Muhammed!

------------------------------------------------------

OK I think this thread is full of misunderstandings so let me clear these up.

What I assume the darkskinned gentleman in OP means by 'away fans' is the soccer practice of having special 'away supporter' sections of seats in a stadium.

In America we do not have this, as we are not communists. Instead, in the spirit of true capitalist opportunity stadium seats are available anywhere in a stadium to those who can afford their prices. It is also not our way to provide 'safe space' protection such as their own section, as favoring a minority over the majority is also quite un-American.

Also, it is absolutely a thing for fans to travel as fans of away teams. I have done this, having visited three other stadiums as a fan of the Philadelphia Eagles. It's quite expensive to get a ticket to an Eagles game even in a bad year so going down to, for example Landover MD to watch them play the Redskins is actually easier. Some even plan travel to warm weather cities in the winter to get both a weather vacation and a chance to see the team play. This is not an uncommon practice, especially with teams like the Eagles and Giants where home tickets can easily skyrocket over a $200 minimum when the teams are doing well.

However, there are probaly less than ten teams whose fans 'travel' like this. Off the top of my head the Eagles, Packers, Giants, Steelers... cold weather teams with sold out stadiums.

>In America we do not have this, as we are not communists.
>he says while talking about a sport where profits are shared out equally and the weaker teams are afforded better opportunities to improve compared to the better teams

Don't forget they're literally FORCED to buy tickets if they want to watch their teams on TV, or else they play a movie or an endless stream of ads instead of the match

That rule was removed a few years ago

Also really wasn't a problem in those markets that always sell out. If I recall correctly the Eagles only had one game (in 1998) not make TV in the last 30 years that rule existed. So I never had to suffer any.

We're talking about equality of opportunities for the general public, not within the corporation.

>endless stream of ads instead of the match
There is a difference?

Away sections are not about favouring a minority, it's for safety. Away fans tend to be very dedicated fans or ultras is most countries. These fans enjoy looking for trouble, and are often organised as groups of people who always travel. Because of this the people who travel are often very good friends and stand up for eachother.

If you put these people mixed in with home fans you're just asking for trouble, even more so when add the fact that a good amount of people will be drunk as well. Obviously this can happen in the US as well, but as stated the US does not have the same fan culture as Europe. From what I know sports tend to be more family friendly and thus it doesn't really matter if a couple of dozen fans from the other team are scattered amongst the home fans.

Still though, it's quite impressive still to see the effort when you consider some people with very low wages still travel all around Europe following their team by car or van.

Pretty succinct explanation. Odd reason, but explains it. Thanks chase.

Don't make things up that aren't true just because you're upset.

Plastic is the best way to describe American pro sports, I went to a college game and it felt alive tho

Team @ team communicates things clearer. NYR@NYI. 7 characters, zero ambiguity.