Why did they trade him?

While it's too early to call him ELITE, it's pretty clear that Jimmy G has promise. I mean, >we were fucking awful before he showed up.
Why did they trade him? How does this fit into Bill B's master plan?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14694440
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Jimmy
>Garoppolo

The mob demanded the Pat's trade their boy in exchange for another Super Bowl.

bill and brady want to win now, plain and simple, they're both going to retire soon and don't give a fuck about kraft or the fanbase, just their legacies

BB will retire whenever Brady does so why would he give a shit about this Wop?

pats fan here, honest to god truth is bill didn't want to trade him, he wanted jimmy to take over next year. However, Tom has such a good relationship with Bob Kraft that he wouldn't let Bill sit Tom if he still wanted to play. Bill couldn't pay Jimmy to sit on the bench so he really had no choice. He knew Jimmy was a great QB so he refused to trade him to an AFC team that could be a problem for him in the next couple years.

Because the Hoodie will find another franchise QB in this draft

and he will draft his next franchise QB in the 7th round just to be a dick

It's great watching pats fans rationalize one of the worst trade blunders in NFL history.

i'm not even a patsfag, i hate them, bill and brady dgaf about the future, why would they? they've been bleeding for the pats for 18 years

bill's only mistake is he should've traded jimmy for a 1st before the draft, he fucked that up, but other than that, only patsfags care about the future

>trade blunder
>paying a backup starter money
The entire point is to win while you can. Wop was gonna take up way to much cap space for what? 15 snaps a year?

T. Saints fan

Jimmy will be in the CBS Broadcast booth calling Brady win Super Bowl LX

Cap this.

Salary cap exists. Tom Brady hasn't retired. He turned down a contract to ride the bench until Brady retires.

Stop making things up Cowherd

Is he the next great white QB?

Or you make the football choice and tell Brady retire or get traded. Your choice.

Brady has already started dwindling. By next year Brady is going to look like shit while Garoppolo does what he did to the Jags almost every game on the way to a play off run.

Garoppolo is just a better quarterback physically than Brady ever was.

>Brady has already started dwindling
>he says as Patriots are 12-3

Do you bet on the GOAT or the high potential backup to get you rings in the next 3 seasons?

>Bill couldn't pay Jimmy to sit on the bench
why the fuck not, tons of teams pay QB's on rookie deals to be backups. and the Pats have insane cap space

seems legit except for that, obviously it's not about money

>white

Who is this semen demon?

Because he isn’t good.

Jags are overrated. Blake Bortles is the damn QB.

The Jags defense is good. Obviously Bortles is shit but they rode their defense to 10-4.

The Patriots had no option to pay Jimmy unless Brady retired and he didn't want to so he had to go. Just business.

he's not gonna sign a long term deal then come back to the pats once Brady retires

I wish Jimmy was my real father D:

strawpoll.me/14694440

right and his rookie deal runs out after this year

SF will just franchise him

>trade away the GOAT who has a couple more years left in him

That would be the stupidest thing anyone can imagine.

they can only do that for so long before he's going to be making over 30 million a year on it and he doesn't have to sign it

Where is he going in the offseason? Back to New England or Denver?

ah good point, that's actually a smart move by belicheck to get SOMETHING in return for him since kraft requires Brady to play until he dies on the field and will force Bill to play Brady next year.

As a niner fan I think Bill is cashing out, while trying to do good by Jimmy Gatling Gun- he didn't trade him to a organization that wouldn't take care of him and also gave him a legit head coach in Shanahan. I think him and Brady might walk out together man.

This, it would have been the most Belichick move ever, trade away the GOAT because he's fucking old. Other teams have done it too, surprised they wanted to hang onto Brady and basically trash the future of their franchise.

I think Jimmy Gucci Garoppolo learned more from Tomas Bradycakes than he did from Bill tbqh fampie. Or Jimmy just gradually figured out the nuances from watching Brady work for all those years. Which is a actual thing athletes can do.

But when Brady says he watched and cheered for Jimmy the Greek during his first start as a Niner....makes me think those two shared knowledge and wisdom on a bro level.

By the time theyre done franchising him Brady will be long retired and NE will have another literal who QB become Elite

Why do people talk like the pats run is over? They're still first in the AFC

>NE
>having trouble finding QB for their system

Brady was a literal who. Goroppolo was a literal who

Calculated move from Belichek

>Belichek trades Jimmy to the Niners
>Jimmy leads Niners to beat the Jags, securing a first round bye for the Pats

Once again, Bill is playing 3d chess while everyone else plays chinese checkers.

>Brady a literal who

only to plebs, in college he was efficient and beyond serviceable, it's just he wasn't the "big guy with a big arm meme"

I cant stand the pats, but Brady will always have the best QB story. A guy who always had the skill, but was looked over because he didn't fit the shallow prototypical image.

Brady isn't playing to what he has in the past. Lingering health issues, dwindling arm strength, the spirit is willing but the flesh is pliable and soft.

How do we know he's not just another Matt Cassel?

as long as you dont keep your eyes in your ass, you should be able to see it for yourself...

Matt Cassel looked good in Kansas City his 2nd year too, until people got tape on him

Tommy noticed Gisele coming to a LOT more practices lately.

>literal who means wasnt good

Literal who just means noone knew who he was. Patriots scouting is pretty good, theyll find a good fit QB for Bradys replacement.

Matt Cassel didnt even look good in his year with NE or first year with KC.

Because he is running Shanahans offense better than it was ever run by Matt Ryan. And he doesn't even have full mastery of the playbook, and is still gelling with his team.

Next year is going to be a Garoppolypse on the league with Shanahan and he doesn't even have a great supporting cast. Yet.

See I disagree with that, I think Brady is the catalyst for QB's under him, not the Patriots. Time will tell though.

What's stopping Jimmy G from going back to New England? If not this year, then in a few years?

Oh yeah, nothing. delusional Niner cucks really think Jimmy G owes them something? Grow up and learn how the NFL works.

Okay, if thats the truth than they can just draft a QB this year, have him learn under Brady for 3-4 years till he retires, and have a short if anything transition.

They didnt need/couldnt afford Goroppolo and have a better chance and 1 or 2 more rings with Brady

Lol. Buyers remorse.

Brian Hoyer and Matt Cassell were also 2 brady backups that eveyone got their dicks hard for. Where are they now? Let's take a big breath before we fit jimmy for his HOF jacket lads.

Franchise tagging him

Not one of Brady's proteges have had any significant success in the NFL. Brett Favre's on the other hand...

>he's good because they're winning a lot in the 4th quarter of the season, looks like they're finally clicking, it may be too late for this season but they're truly gonna be a force to reckon with next year

How many times are you retards gonna fall for this shit? This is the American equivalent of Liverpool/Man U thinking they're title favorites in July. He's gonna get fucking decimated when teams face him for the second time after having an offseason to prepare for him with tape on him, just like Dak.

I still dont think its that easy, you need to draft a guy who has an already established set of traits that can get him over that learning curve to apply skill to any above average kind of standard. You can't just draft any one and expect him to learn efficiently from Brady.

That doesn't mean anything especially sicne Favre and Rodgers didn't even really communicate on that level. People actually thought they hated eachother, when Farve just said it wasn't his job to baby sit Rodgers.

>see for yourself
the man has had 6 NFL starts. Calm your tits homer.

>just like Dak
and Kaepernick, Siemian, Osweiler, Josh Freeman, Glennon, Foles, etc

I'll need to see multiple years before Jimmy can be considered good

C'mon man, rodgers himself said the education he got from favre was immeasurable.

He's making multiple reads, throwing from different arm angles effectively, basically doing small shit in that small sample size that are all above average disciplines. That's all I'm speaking on behalf of. Again though, time will tell who he is, but he looks fucking great right now.

This. Why is everyone so eager to start sucking off these meme qbs who have a couple good games. It's like they've never watched football before.

You are also describing Nick Foles from 2 years ago.

because your owner is stupid enough to give him back to us for some shiny defensive player or wideout

I don't know their personal relationship user, don't even care. Just the general perception was that those two guys just had a business relationship. Rodgers talks about it on youtube in depth. Farve said some shit in the press that had people thinking those two didn't get alone etc etc, when it was cleared up that Farve was focused on sundays, not Rodgers. Not only that but just from watching the two, Rodgers seems far more disciplined than Favre was. More...Brady-like. More calculated in their approach. Less gambling, more precision.

>better quarterback physically
>qb is a physical position
you what?

That's nick foles though, not Jimmy Gattling Gun. Plus even Foles plays like a guy that if he had a single routine to fall into, he would have average to above average success.

I can't stand Brady, just like any other red-blooded american, but I will say this-what he has can't be taught. It won't rub off on an underling. It can't be gained through osmosis. It's god-given. He's just a natural phenomenon.

Thats what i mean though. They drafted Goroppolo in the off chance Brady was noticeablly slowing down. They have good scouting, I dont doubt they will find a decent QB to replace Brady and get them their 11-12 wins a season

I'm actually excited to see where Foles takes the iggles in the playoffs. I think he's gonna light it up.

>super bowl everpresent only thinks about winning now
>trust the process retards haven’t won shit
Really makes you think

Belichick honestly as a lot of respect for the Niners franchise, and it's possible that he saw they needed some help getting back on their feet. It's not that he wants another team to succeed, it's that he didn't want Jimmy getting paid to just ride the bench with no time table on when Brady will retire.

>Lynch already stating that they're in contract talks
Sure bud

Meme qbs always rely on their ability to be running qbs. Jimmy is just an accurate and quick thrower who makes good reads. He's making one of the worst rosters in the league look like a playoff offense. You don't see meme qbs like Kap and Dak do that.

Put up a pic of your mug, Handsome. Let's all bask in your genetic crapulence.

The Niners know how to keep a quarterback when they're good, and drop them when they're not. Even Ballke was able to do it with Kap.

Better release, faster footwork actually an athletes body not honed by shamans. If you can't admit that kill yourself for trying to step up with some bullshit.

>Crumbling empires with too much hubris still exist!

How did that work out for Indy? Manning is home polishing his SB trophy, and Luck is...well...looks like a lot of lost potential and probably vastly overrated at that.

He still was a literal who. To plebs and non-plebs.

Ah yes, the crumbling 11-3 patriots. The rising 0-14 browns

>belichick
>respect
my sides

>Indie
>Success

Pick one.

their scouting isn't that great they got lucky with Brady if they thought he was going to be what he is they would have taken him earlier than the 6th round and they drafted Kevin O'Connell and Ryan Mallet in the 3rd round

> He's just a natural phenomenon.
no he's not he just works harder than everyone else

Thats what I'm saying retard. They've had no success since going with the new shinier model.

It was either trade him or trade Brady or waste another two years of his career riding the bench.

Local warehouses are filled with ex-qbs who worked just as hard as brady. They just didn't have that computer-like mind that can read and react to defenses instantly. That can't be taught. If you could "work" yourself into being a great qb, tim tebow would still have a job.

>Broncucks didn't try to grab the saint

And if you paid attention they absolutely destroyed luck because of incompetence while the owner says its all in Lucks head.

In what motherfucking way is that remotely similar to the Patriots organization you dumb shit?

And they traded away the wrong quarterback.

>good guys
Jags
Bills
Titans
Saints

>neutral guys
Ravens
Chargers
Eagles
Vikings
Rams
Panthers
Seahawks
Falcons

>bad guys
Patriots
Steelers
Chiefs

>20(0)7
>The (Green Bay Packers) decide to trade backup quarterback (Aaron Rodgers) for a 2nd-round pick

Except Rodgers was a consensus 1st round pick and even his fall till the Packers' pick was a surprise. Jimmy Wop didn't even play first division college ball.

And somehow all 32 teams managed to overlook him, hindsight is 20/20 you pleb.

Sentimental reasons keep Brady on.
The smart money would have kept Garappolo instead.
Bright side for everyone is that Garappolo has, inadvertently, pretty much erased Kaepernick from everyone's minds.

>he wasn't the "big guy with a big arm meme"
that's for sure

>started dwindling
>having a MVP season and already proved he can and will win you games in the playoffs
>telling him to retire or get traded in favor of someone who MIGHT just POSSIBLY be good, never played a single playoff game and got injured one game and half into his career
Don't know, I think the Patriots made the right choice here

Brady isn't dwindling exactly if anything he has been overthrowing his receivers not underthrowing them like Manning. And if you watch him throw he still has no problem doing it without having to hurl his entire body into it like Manning did even in late 2014 just to get the ball 40yds downfield tops. Tom has had accuracy issues and I think that is coming from not practicing enough when his achilles was hurt. I would expect him to get back into top form though with only 1 game left before he gets a good rest and time to get back into the groove. He needs to stop trying to force the ball in too or save himself from taking a sack as that has lead to him getting picked 2 times, 1 being when Gronk was blatantly held, and he other 2 times he tried forcing it most recently against the Bills to Britt who hasn't been in this offense long enough to trust to get the ball in a tight situation.

In fact against the Steelers Brady would have been better off taking that sack rather than tossing the ball up to try and avoid it when he ended up getting picked and setting up better field position than if they had to punt.

Brady is still playing well even if he's been in a slump you can chalk that up to his achilles being injured. Also even though Garappolo has been playing well the Pats would not be 12-3 or better if he was the QB at best they are a 10-6 team that is more likely 9-7 at the end of the year. People haven't been giving Brady credit for carrying the team when everyone else plays like shit, ala in Pittsburgh. You can say that he helped put them in that hole but he pulled them out of it and the defense once again almost fucked it up if it wasn't for Ben being a dumbass and Harmon being a guy known for making clutch interceptions.