Football Field Size

Why doesn’t the NFL switch to Canadian sized football fields?

A longer and wider field would make for more interesting plays.

Because that would acknowledge that other nations have contributed positively to the sport. It's the same reason the NBA doesn't use FIBA goaltending rules.

b-but my little sawker has accepted the penalty format, tie games format, and international signings format

because the NFL wants to maintain the illusion thats its a superior product to college football and tries to help defenses look better. A larger field would open up the playbook for offense. The NFL actively makes its defenses look better/more competent by running the clock down after every use of the ball etc.

>10 yard endzones

Imagine the scores lol

>because the NFL wants to maintain the illusion thats its a superior product to college football and tries to help defenses look better.

But the NFL is nowadays all about high scoring passing games.

there's a reason why NFL rejects go to the CFL. larger fields make the game much easier.

>20-yard endzones
hope you're ready for Gronk to have 25 TD catches every year

>A larger field would open up the playbook for offense.
>larger fields make the game much easier.

because its soccer a European sport

Ameriblobs are so obese that even the thought of widening the playing area makes them violently sick wil diabetes

Because it's fucking dumb that's why. Why do you think they only get three downs?

Your dumb.

I'd use the Canadian field but put up-rights at the back of the end zone.

Something I don't get about American football, shouldn't it be more fair if you had to kick the bonus point from the zone where you reached the touch down (similar to rugby)? Also, instead of just running into the scoring zone it'd be better if they actually had to make the ball touch down the grass, like the name says so they don't do meme jumps over the defensive line and just get the points

Like the zone kicking idea. Not sure how the actual touching down would translate on a co sensed field with short burst plays but it's something to think about.

CFL memefield is an absolute shit idea though

*condensed field

I've watched like 3 American football games in my life so I'm probably talking out of my ass, maybe the touch down thing would be unpractical in the NFL because you can't touch the ground with your knee/legs, right?

> Something I don't get about American football, shouldn't it be more fair if you had to kick the bonus point from the zone where you reached the touch down (similar to rugby)?

I dunno about that, but they ought to make the point-after from further back, as it’s pretty much a gimme nowadays.

> Also, instead of just running into the scoring zone it'd be better if they actually had to make the ball touch down the grass, like the name says so they don't do meme jumps over the defensive line and just get the points

The goal line is like an invisible wall, so once you break the vertical plane of the goal line, it’s a score (unless you're playing the Patriots...)

Your idea is gay.

Cfls largely a fucking joke because of its field, not in spite of it. Do you not understand even just a good nfl passing team would be completely unstoppable on this field? Its too fucking spread out. The score success ratios would be Arena Football tier.

>He thinks College football is anything more than a feeder league for the NFL.
>He ACTUALLY watches the games

Yousa clown ass nigga.

> American football field
> 53.333 yards wide

WTF is that?

Pretty sure it wouldn't work and definitely changes the dynamics of your approach to getting in the end zone. That being said I'd like to see them experiment with it a couple times in preseason games. Probably the deal breaker is on close plays this opens up people to getting demolished trying to actually touch it down and the safety queers won't allow it

Make the field a circle with the end zone as a smaller circle in the middle. Line of scrimmage becomes a circle as well.

The Canadian field is larger because their players need the space to find success. Canada is a fag country for pussies (if you disagree, you must play hockey and are therefore irrelevant to this discussion), and they can't stomach the tactics that a normal field would force them into. CFL teams on tough guy dimensions wouldn't be able to throw, and modern leaf memesters won't watch power football

>our football is better because it requires more skill

That's where you're wrong kid. NFL is a fucking borefest. Barely watchable. 10 minute drives of teams inching down the field, only to get a field goal, more often punting. Only a few touchdowns per game, save for interceptions/turnovers when fast dudes speed past the defensive linesmen. Lame.

Seriously all of the "players" are instantly replaceable. They are just cogs in the machine. There is no skill involved, just be bigger/stronger/faster or otherwise more athletic than your opponent, unless of course you are the one designated "thinker" who follows set plays and sucks their coaches dick

Bigger field means more independent thinking, which fat, stupid Americans are just simply unable to handle or understand.

As a US American, I really wish the NBA would adopt FIBA goaltending rules. It's a call NBA officials get wrong too often.

A smaller field means it takes more accuracy, anticipation, and faster recognition to make throws. A runner also needs to have better vision in order to gain the same positive yardage. I'm canadian and I know this.

tl;dr CFL is a second rate league

>canada is a fag country for pussies

dont make us have to burn the whitehouse down again, hoser

Game is easier on a wider field

A longer field would be better because of how far kickers/punters can send the ball now. Kickoffs are a joke in the NFL