Define the Western world

Other urls found in this thread:

petition2congress.com/ctas/russian-troops-in-america-confirmed
es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indígenas_del_Uruguay
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tango#History
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

delete this

West of what?

You might as well paint the whole fucking world.

every country who hosts us base is part of the (((international community)))

>yuropeans still dont realize they are part of the eastern world

I'd say maybe Catholic/Protestant Europe (ie not Orthodox) and nations where its diaspora is dominant culturally.

>Russia hosting US troops
wat?

The 'Western' world is simply an euphemism for the 'civilized' world. We just can't have the distinction of 'civilized' and 'uncivilized' because of PC and shit and came up with 'Western' and 'non-Western'

>'civilized' and 'uncivilized' because of PC

Not at all idiot.

>Argentina
>Uruguay
>Western
This map is fucking stupid

this one is more accurate

ayy lmao mi hombre

Russia has troops in the U.S.
We have some training treaty with them

embassy security guard and shit

petition2congress.com/ctas/russian-troops-in-america-confirmed

It's part of training excersizes

Lebanon is western influenced as fuck

how are we not western
we're unironically more european influenced than you, given that you have huge black and mexican influences

So because the US has latino "influence" we are less western than a full on latino nation?

I do agree Uruguay should be Western but you can't be more Western than us.

If this was 1965.

They are the western, they define what's western and what's not.

Countries where the majority of their founding population is Europeen

I agree with this not even a CHI

its just USA and Europe

>flag
>not a CHI
eyyy ese

Black Americans are western

>ladino :DD
mexicans and central americans aren't western societies. They have native influence since their beginning. Those are the 'ladinos' that influence the US. We don't have any natives

There's literally no reason not to count Portuguese/Spanish-speaking, Catholic, democratic, US-influenced, literally geographically west Latin America as western.

umm sweetie its 2017, the world doesn't revolve around europe

It means derived from the Western Roman Empire, the core of that would be those nations formerly a part of the empire, for the most part LATIN Europeans. Western culture spreads out from there.

I guarantee you do they were just better assimilated. Part of being a New Worlder was that your nation was built on ancient Native lands. Same with USA/Canada.

Now, what sets latinos apart is Spanish influence, including Spanish language, culture, religious traditions (often fused with Native). Spanish also often had sex with the Natives where the British did not do that so Latinos are more mixed on average vs Anglos.

Hint' its because they are too brown.

>educación americana

no, they weren't numerous and were hostile. Our country's government had multiple campaigns through the years to exterminate them because they took people's cattle and didn't give a shit in general
Their language died, there are no charrúa blooded people and the last ones died in France as part of a freak show

poor, corrupt, african/native influence

Ladinos are Sephardite Jews dumb fuck. Mexicans are both Western and Native American, one does not negate the other.

then why are you using such map projection

People are including Eastern Europe which is way way less Western (and probably poorer/more corrupt) than Latino America.

You're unironically proud of this? Uruguay today is culturally an extension of Rioplatense culture for the most part, those traditions (eg tango) are not uniquely European but syncretic. Mate for instance was originally a Guarani custom.

Venezuela hosting US troops looks even more surprising.

I was mocking americans bunching up mexican people and uruguayan people like we have anything in common

They were awful people that wouldn't assimilate so it was either that or segregating them, causing social division for the centuries to come so yeah I'm kind of glad it happened :^)
also they weren't that many
>tango is syncretic
I fail to see how tango has any native thing in it
>Rioplatense customs are mixed bruh
literally the only native influence here is a couple of words that quechuas and guaraníes forced in Argentina and Mate. We have no quechuas or guaraníes for that matter
So, no, living in this continent doesn't necessarily make you a mixed culture. That happened in places densely populated by the natives or just to big to properly eradicate them all. We are small and flat pastures, it was easy for our willing people to do that

also no, being both western and native american makes you mestizo. Mexico is neither western nor fully native america, Mexico is mestizo just like most latinamerica

You're the western as fucking Guatemala and if not so give any proof

Nice english western man

what kind of proof other than the fact that we annihilate muh noble indians
es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indígenas_del_Uruguay
desu I prefer this to mexican malinchismo. Being part native and still sucking yuro dick. Disgusting

We are western, look at him

Logic not exist in your map

Outside of Europe: USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand.
Inside Europe: Anything not in Yellow in the attached pic.
Basically anything West of the Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Romania, Serbia, Bosnia line.

the ethnicity has anything with the western civilization ,if you know what is the definition of the West you should know that

How are Greece, Cyrpus and Greenland western?

Luxembourg is truly the most enlightened nation.

i didn't realize tibet was an independent country wow
also i like how the sources and notes section is completely blank

Sandnigger religions are about as definitive of the western world as cancer is. Fuck off.

South Africa need to be west too ,and the part of India that speak English has a strong west influence

Christianity is a Mediterranean religion.

I didn't claim Tango had native influences, only that it wasn't solely derived from European tradition.

"Tango is a dance that has influences from African and European culture."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tango#History

Gaucho culture is mestizo culture as well. Now, I'm not going to get into an argument regarding your country's identity, I'll concede you people succesfully atained the South American ideal of an ethnic European nation, regardless of my finding distateful your justifying the crimes that led to that. This however is a discussion on culture, for the most part what is unique about your culture is syncretic, arguably yes, it isn't most of your culture which is largely derivative.

Yes, we are not in colonial times, Western culture was never a racial preserve, less so now that in colonial times, and purity has never been a requisite to it as clearly demonstrated by the influence of orientalism in European art and culture. Just because Mexico is heir to Amerindian culture doesn't mean it's any less a participant or descendant in Latin/Western culture, it doesn't work like that.

>Angola but not Mozambique
>Zimbabwe in 2017

>Just because Mexico is heir to Amerindian culture doesn't mean it's any less a participant or descendant in Latin/Western culture,
Yes it does. Romans don't look like beaners.

wasn't referring to ethnicity but to influence in our current culture. Natives have no influence in our culture

All Latin American countries had an important western history (3 centuries of been part of a European crown is no light thing). From that we got European languages, religion, architecture (and other forms of art.and literature).
I mean. Now days you see Nations with a western inspired government systems and the mainstream culture is mostly derived from the European powers that owned the lands. Sure, from country to country you see a different amounts of influence from amerindian culture. But not even Bolivia is free from all the characteristics previously mention.

Still I could totally get someone not considering LatAm as western. But yeah. Those were my thoughts on the matter.

They didn't look like Scandinavians either, insults are not an argument.

>Scandinavians
>Western
HAHAHAHAHAHAH. They are Northerners. The true west is the Mediterranean and Persia.

The only real answer.

So what exactly is the Uruguay culture influence??
>Greece
>not Westerner

What About mate and gauchos?
And wasn't Tango influenced by African culture?
I obviously don't mean to say that your country isn't mostly influenced by Europe. But, aren't those thing I mention part of the Uruguayan culture as well?

>Persia
See

Argentina has More natives than my country, Brazil or Venezuela, yet they're somehow western. Aight. If that's the threshold, then all of Latam is western

My bad, I revised it.

The genetically western world.

Who the fuck cares? I wonder why this place has so many autistcs

Greece is something of a controversial point as it was the core of the Eastern Roman Empire as Byzantium, many peoples who don't consider themselves western today, as in the case of many Russians, draw their connection to Greece and Rome through the Orthodox/Hellenic East as opposed to the Catholic/Latin West.

>and Persia.
persian detected

same shit

The native Evropean man should care not if he is western or not. Civilization in general is a desert idea. The native Evropean is one with nature and reverse his forefathers. Better to be a barbarian than a slave to (((them)))

Its a middle eastern semitic religion

Having a few western influences =/= being western influenced

USA, Canada, UK, France, Ireland, Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden, Norway, Australia, Denmark, New Zealand, Spain, Portugal, Italy

Germany is borderline, cause i would define east Germany as east

Judeo-Roman-Greco-Christian culture and political background.

This is why Turkey and most of Eastern Europe are not Western, and why Developed Asia is neither. Yet, Australia, New Zealand, and certain other former colonies are.

I hope that's somewhat accurate. Not 100% sure if I was supposed to use memes.

RoC has no US military presence at all. We don't even train with them or land there/stop there.

Bullshit.org

"troops" probably means there's people working for an American agency on the ground cooperating on stuff like customs/migration. On China that probably means a handful of people on "liaison" roles.

You've got to break this stuff down.

t. Arab rape baby

>Western world
Don't care as long as Finland (one of the most Eastern countries of Europe on the border of Russia) isn't included. If you must butcher and relabel geographic locations based on cardinal directions by following weak political divisions insyead, do it without us.

>Hint' its because they are too brown.
Even in the mind of a racist that doesn't make any sense. USA is much 'browner' than, say, Argentina.

> Iberia good
How come you didn't include Cuba, Costa Rica, PR and Colombia, which are arguably the most Iberian countries in Latam?

The only 'influence' west had on us are the bodies of your countless ancestors who died in failed invasions and are now fertilizing our fields. Stop deluding yourselves.

this is a good map although PNG should be western influenced

America is distinct from the rest of the western world though

Zimbabwe is still shaped by English colonial rule and running us out didn't change that

t. Zimbabwean

Yeah that's why the Russian Empire tried to hard to imitate Western European empires, right? Right down to your flag, which Peter the Great literally just stole from the Dutch

>Yeah that's why the Russian Empire tried to hard to imitate Western European empires, right?
Care to provide an example? One would be enough. And no, a flag doesn't count.

mate, Iran literally means "land of the Aryans"

Just one? Peter The Great introduced the Collegial System, which he took from Sweden, if you count that as Western enough

I have a big brain, you are all brainlets

And Peter also made major military reforms to make the Russian army far more similar to that of European armies.

>Greece
>not Spain

Spain has never emulated anything Western, even Japan does a better job.

I know right, nothing western here

wow Arabs have that shit too, I guess they're Western now!

Peter's state reforms didn't even last 50 years and military reforms we're in no way inspired by european armies. So, other than one westaboo emperor, how exactly did Russian Empire 'imitate' the West, its biggest enemy?