Brit/pol/ - FPTP is Great & Uniquely British Edition

>ETERNAL THREAD THEME
youtube.com/watch?v=dmwqEg-06Ww

>TALKS BETWEEN LABOUR AND TORY BLAIRITES ABOUT FORMING THEIR OWN PARTY
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/10/talks-about-forming-new-pro-eu-centrist-party-reported-at-westmi/

>PRO-BREXIT LEADSOM V PRO-REMAIN MEDIA-BACKED MAY WAR CONTINUES
theguardian.com/politics/2016/jul/10/andrea-leadsom-camp-hits-back-motherhood-row-theresa-may

>ANGELA EAGLE: "C-CORBYN STOP!!! THAT'S IT, I W-WARNED YOU, NOW YOU'RE GOING TO FEEL THE WRATH OF THE BLAIRITES"
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36756975

>UKIP IS FINISHED - PAUL NUTTALL DROPS OUT OF THE LEADERSHIP RACE, NIGGER OR WOMAN SET TO REPLACE HIM AND "RID THE PARTY OF RACISTS, SEXISTS AND HOMOPHOBES"
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3682752/Who-ll-end-Cult-Nigel-m-woman-UKIP-s-best-known-female-politician-says-party-shed-chauvinist-image.html
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36756379

>LIB DEM MEMBERSHIP 'SURGES' AFTER BUMBLASTED REMAINERS FLOCK TO THEM IN DROVES
leftfootforward.org/2016/07/lib-dems-hit-their-highest-membership-in-a-decade-why-are-thousands-signing-up/

>THE CHILCOTT REPORT - THE MAIN POINTS
thenational.ae/world/europe/chilcott-report---the-main-points

>THE MAD MULLAH PLANS TO RELEASE A FILM ABOUT TONY THE BLOOD GOD'S IRAQ SLAUGHTER
theguardian.com/film/2016/jul/07/the-killing-of-tony-blair-review-george-galloway-chilcot-iraq

>PETER HITCHENS ON SUNDAY: LEAVE BLAIR ALONE, YOU'RE ALL TO BLAME
hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/

>MENTAL MCDONNELL SEES THE GHOST OF THATCHER WHEN HE STARES DOWN INTO HIS TOILET BOWL
blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/07/john-mcdonnell-remembers-lambeth-revolt/

>MORE FALSE FLAGGING IN POST-BREXIT BRITAIN AS LEFTY SLIME FAKE BNP LEAFLETS
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-36662887

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JqNGgT-nEFU
youtube.com/watch?v=3Y3jE3B8HsE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Do you actually believe in FPTP or are you memeing?

Well that app rates me the same as a May/Crow hybrid, I may spiral into depression now chaps

>You're kidding yourself if you think we're not a hell of a lot better off than the EUcucks

You misunderstand me , i see that the EU is fucked and its one of the main reasons i voted leave , we can sit on our island and watch

Anyone but May

Want the ride to end now tbqh lads, I want to get off, I want to be calm again

What's his name again?

He makes a strong case for it I suppose. The coalition problem alone would make the whole thing a pain in the ass.

Problem is we have 2 entrenched parties which are rotten to the core and we can't do much about it.

>post yfw she will stab the scots in the back and they will be eternally cucked by england until their land crumbles to dust

okay i got you. also we need to

S A G E

THIS THREAD.

This thread is SHILL.
op is a fag.

OP IS A FAG.

S A G E.
> S A G E.
S A G E.
> S A G E.
S A G E.
> S A G E.
S A G E.
> S A G E.
S A G E.
> S A G E.
S A G E.
> S A G E.
S A G E.
> S A G E.
S A G E.
> S A G E.
S A G E.
> S A G E.
S A G E.
> S A G E.

Al-Blair

Nobody would claim it's perfect but PR is a horrible disaster, imagine literally never being able to get rid of an MP because they're at the top of their party's list and so on, and the comparisons between UKIP now and the state of Labour in the early 1900s seems to be an apt one, and we didn't have to get rid of PR then

UKIP and ultimately the country will suffer in the long term if we scrap FPTP because no genuinely conservative party is ever going to get more than 50% of the national vote, and it would never be able to do what has to be done to save Britain as part of a shit rainbow coalition with other (((centre)))-"right" parties

didn't have to get rid of FPTP then*

He supports FPTP because Peter Hitchens does.

great argument desu

> imagine literally never being able to get rid of an MP

To be fair, this is already the case now. They get put in safe seats.

Except they aren't cucked by England anyway. Nice try.

Reminder that May as leader will be the end of Conservative party.

May is the best choice long term

OP IS A SHILL FAG.

This is officially a shill thread.

UKIP is far from dead.

UKIP needs support the most right now, as Liberal Democrats membership surge.

SAGE AND HIDE SHILL THREADS
> SAGE AND HIDE SHILL THREADS

Just to add to this, sure if we had PR now we would get some UKIP seats, but what if some ultra-cuck party comes along and also does well.

Like Ed Balls and Michael Portillo were? It CAN happen. I'm not saying it's extremely likely, but it's way, way likelier than if PR were in place

What about instant runoff?

You're right, England picks up the slack from their massive deficit because they're shit at producing, that's why the EU don't want them lmao.

Calm is what you feel as the knife enters.
Fuck calm.
Kill the intruder.

youtube.com/watch?v=JqNGgT-nEFU

As a scot, I fucking hate Nicola Sturgeon.

Portillo happened in the biggest landslide for a century

Has there been any serious comparison between UKIP and Labour or Labour and the Liberals? Would be interested to read.

May is just a continuation of the conservative party. Leadsom might actually change it, especially if the centerists actually quit to ally with Labour's ones.

WORDS OF WISDOM FROM TRIPFAG.

Except YET AGAIN it's copy and pasted from Peter Hitchens Blog - mail On Sunday 7 May 2015.

FFS

Can't you think for yourself?

I hate the SNP in general, but I had some degree of respect for Salmond. Sturgeon is just a stupid cow.

What about the kike's system where they vote for parties and people separately?

>we should continue to use outdated voting system because it currently is advantageous to Conservatives

Fuck off.

See what happened in Canada when the conservatives fractured.

13 FUCKING YEARS of continuous Liberal rule.

Single Transferable Vote (STV) is objectively the best form of voting.

Instead of plebs going to the ballot and marking an X next to the candidate they want, they rank the candidates in order of preference (1 being the most preferred). When the votes are counted, the candidate with the lowest number of votes is eliminated and their votes are redistributed amongst the remaining candidates. This continues until a candidate has secured at least 50% of the vote.

STV will provide voters the opportunity to actually vote for a candidate they like instead of voting against a candidate they hate (see: tactical voting). Also it will give legitimacy and a mandate to the candidate who wins because they would have secured a majority of the constituency's support.

Demorality man would also be pleased with STV because it retains FPTP's function of being able to throw out politicians. If anything, it is far more effective at throwing out unpopular politicians because the majority of the constituency can rally around a candidate to deny an incumbent. For example, an unpopular candidate can win a seat with only 40% of the vote while 60% hate that candidate but are split amongst the other candidates.

STV is superior and you're a pleb for still believing in FPTP.

That's another thing, no fucker will ever be able to decide on what special snowflake voting system we'll have if FPTP was to face the axe

Not to mention what has happened in places like Sweden and France where their versions of Labour and the Tories happily gang up against the Front Nationale/Swedish Democrats in post-election coalitions, it's a trap

I think some are drawn in Matthew Goodwin(and some other person)'s book "Revolt on the Right", though much of that information would be out of date by now

He literally asked what Peter Hitchens' opinion on it was you fucking pleb

I mean conservatives, not Conservatives you daft leaf
Here there's no difference between the two so why all the fuss?

Leadsom on the London riots

>some of these young thugs literally lack a properly developed 'human' part of their brain - they lack the brain capacity to restrain their anger and to feel empathy for others.

Oh my fuck

I asked why Hitchens disagreed with PR. He gave me Hitchens' exact argument about it.

Are you guys ready for the next financial collapse that is caused by brexit and that will lead to fiat currency collapse. It will be 10 times worse than the great depression and 20 times worse in the uk. Your gdp will shrinl by 30% due to hyperinflation and negative interest rates. All stocks will go down 60% and ftse 70% and dow 80%. The whole system will crash there will be no Sup Forums or international trade for 3 days. And the imf will call for an emergancy meeting with the g20 nations and agreeing on a world currency and a global exchange rate mechanism, which one step closer to a eorld government. Brexit wall planned all along with the elite. The eu was for bank regulation and was anti anglo elite. Thanks a lot brexitters for causing a financial doom.

I really want to get a job in the gubmint.

Anyone have experience with faststream?

Only need a 2.2 as well.

Is this method practiced anywhere?

I'm not keen on her constant psychological and neurobiological posturing, her inability to accept that people do bad things because man is naturally wicked and needs deterrents to stop him from doing bad things, especially as a Christian, is a bit weird

At the Tory Conference she ended up rambling and talking about massaging babies' frontal cortexes or something like that

Instant runoff would be the same as the current system except you wouldn't have to vote tactically.
Not a huge fan of CGP Grey, but he has a decent video on it:
youtube.com/watch?v=3Y3jE3B8HsE

This needs to be out prime minister

these guys are really good, cant believe ive never listened to them before

Nobody cares what you think

"On my last visit to Cairo I was shown the shabby but central building which still houses the headquarters of the Nasserite party", yeah I was actually trying to pretend that that was fucking me, pal

She's perfect

Eurozone will crash harder. We might not even crash but if we do it would be worth it.

hahahhaha based.

I think it's used for the Northern Ireland Assembly

The shitposters use a variation of it down under I believe

He's right though, she clearly doesn't actually know very much about psychology.

>the swede
>knowing anything

The most you know about the world is that your wife is getting fucked by black cock.

>Single Transferable Vote (STV) is objectively the best form of voting.

lol, no. STV is designed to get centrists in power and would guarantee that no meaningful change ever happened, and a party like UKIP would never stand a chance.

MMP and FPTP are the only worthwhile voting systems (although I'll admit that I used to believe in the Range Voting/Approval voting meme and it has some benefits).

>she clearly doesn't actually know very much about psychology

That's it, I'm going to the #MayBay now

Will he finally rise up to defeat Corbachov?

She may as well call herself anti-degeneracy and be done with it

Different ways of expressing the same thing, being anti-neuroscience is retarded. Having said that she does seem to pull stuff out of her arse rather than having any real knowledge.

>replying to the same post twice
>implying you have not been caught out plagiarising before

Many UKIP supporters vote Tory to keep Labour out. Under STV, they could put UKIP as their first choice and Tory as their second.

Is Corbyn going to be automatically on the leadership ballot or not? I keep hearing conflicting sources. Would be fun to see him take it to court and bankrupt his own party.

remember what happened the last time a western nation went through hyper inflation

Kek, I'm just saying that as someone who claims to be a Christian, i.e. believes in Original Sin, claiming that people who do bad things have some sort of mental defect is a very very clinical left-wing view of crime, obviously she's still the best candidate by a country mile

Nobody is quite sure yet

Unless he drops out, then yes he'll be on the ballot

I've seen about 4 or 5 on brit/pol/ alone. We ought to have another meetup some time.

Not all Christians are literalists

And when ukip lose all their votes go Tory. Likewise any minor leftist party's votes go labour. Tighter hold.

A few weeks ago somebody posted a tweet from a journalist whose paper had a barrister look into the rules and they showed the letter of advise. The barrister said Corbyn has to be on the ballot as the incumbent because his duty to step down once he loses the support of the PLP is only a convention, not an enshrined rule.

How many of you went to church this morning?

top kek at these remainers that booed Cameron.

I left Edinburgh March last year, I'm /merseyside/ now

I suppose. It does seem to be a very Mumsnetty apple pie sort of Christianity coming from her sometimes

Me

In sligo on Holiday though

>tfw can't make myself believe

feelsbadman.jpg

m8 original sin is not an excuse for sins committed later in life

The British political system is all well and good in practice, but it doesn't work in theory

Every thread. Every DAMNED thread this YKTD faggot shitposter comes here and completely ruins everything. Every day, starting at the same time and lasting for the same length. It's actually a routine for the cretin. With the same phrases, the same reaction pics, and the same incessant shitposting. He ACTUALLY believes that he's some kind of intellectual, on par with his idol Peter Hitchens aka Morality Man. It amazes me just how much he parrots the same rhetoric and opinions. The only times where he deviates from the Hitchens line is when he goes full autism against the Jews or something.

You know what separates you -a worthless sack of shit- from the Hitch? Talent. He is a skilled orator and writer, who's featured all across the globe in GENUINE media outlets. While you do nothing but wank off to some cesspool, and with illusions of grandeur believe that there is any point to a single thing you post. He has actually experienced the world, has lived in history. Whereas you experience nothing but the world through a computer screen in some, dark, dank, bestial place where I hope to never find myself.

Please, for the sake of all of us. GO. Fuck off NOW. Tripfags are distilled autism and a cancer to this site. I have no illusion that I'm wasting my time, but at least I'm not as pathetic you are, you dull cunt.

I can already sense you raging, having to rotate your body 90' to slam the keyboard with your turbo flid stub arms. Needless doubt that your shit rebuke will contain some of your canned buzzwords, as you scream FUCKING BLAIRITES REEEEE IMMORAL REEEE in the basement of your parents window.

Maybe these digits will help you.

>Many UKIP supporters vote Tory to keep Labour out. Under STV, they could put UKIP as their first choice and Tory as their second.

UKIP (or any similar party) would still never get anywhere near 50%. Take South Thanet as an example. Farage came close to beating the LibLabCon, but the entire campaign was "stop UKIP", with Labour/Lib Dem voters pretty much admitting to voting Tory en masse to stop UKIP. So where do you think all their second preference votes would go.

There are a lot memes about STV (or AV) helping smaller parties, but it's pretty much agreed amongst academics that it tends towards a 2 party system even more quickly and definitely than FPTP.

Shit, guess I'm an atheist now.

the good electoral system in PR with bonus seats for the first party. I think Italy and Greece have something like that.

25 % or smth of the seats are automatically given to the first party, the rest is allocated with PR. This way you have a possible majority for the first party if it is strong enough and small and medium parties have some representation.

Tomorrow she announces her leadership bid.

Are we ready? What is even the best outcome, Corbyn winning and 2 labour parties forming? Each one worse off than lib dems.

this is the same poster as

It's should never be an excuse at all, surely. I only mean it in the sense of the belief that mankind is born naturally selfish and bad, which is a lot easier to convince people of when religion's backing it up, or else they'll naturally drift towards utopian ideas that will make them feel better about themselves than this 'cold hard reality' one

>Farage came close to beating the LibLabCon, but the entire campaign was "stop UKIP"
Pic related, it was a disgrace

I can't see a split happening. The best outcome is Eagle winning and becoming the new Miliband.

Thought I'd probably be most welcome, I'd feel guilty for being an atheist.

I feel like one day all our churches - due to being practically empty - will be sold off or converted into mosques and rapefugee shelters. I want to at least help keep up numbers but I can't do it without feeling like a cunt.

>we could have a female pm and female leader of opposition
>and a female yank president

end times

>I think some are drawn in Matthew Goodwin(and some other person)'s book "Revolt on the Right", though much of that information would be out of date by now
Thank, will investigate

It'll also destroy our unique Parliamentary democracy. We need to maintain our traditions. Referendums are bad enough.

Swede, can't you at least be a decent troll? You're rubbish at it. Far too obvious.

And female UKIP leader. Pretty sure Lib dems leader is a girl too.

>Angela Eagle
>Leanne Wood
>Nicola Sturgeon
>Natalie Bennett
>Theresa May
>Hillary
>Merkel
>Suzanne Evans
>Tina Farron

God help us

>Referendums are bad enough.

Agree. The EU is just about the only subject on which I consider a referendum permissible, because our parliamentary system had been overtaken by quislings and hence cucked itself to an outside power, and we had to sort that out.

Why do absolute fucking mongoloids keep spouting that if we don't activate article 50 by next March we can't leave the EU?

Evans isn't getting in, and Farron is a man.

Let it end

God, game of thrones has come true

i really, really fucking hope that Leadsom wins. Britain would literally be saved, next up FRANCE, followed by the rest of Europe.

Now, USA.. I think you're fucked either way. I shed a tear for you every night.