/sino/ - 中文

Chief Xi edition

The thread for posting in Chinese and discussion about the Chinese speaking world.

Thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=rdeyzqEe8XY

>Learning resources:
pastebin.com/KpgEG6G9
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9QDHej9UGAdQ0k4MXF0SXdTcGM
(shout out to /lang/ for the second link)

>Recommended TV Series:
movie.douban.com/tv/#!type=tv&tag=国产剧&sort=rank&page_limit=20&page_start=0

>Recommended Movies:
movie.douban.com/explore#!type=movie&tag=华语&sort=recommend&page_limit=20&page_start=0

>Literal Chinese cartoons:
bangumi.bilibili.com/guochuang/
ac.qq.com/event/cartoon2016/index.html

>Chinese Manga:
ac.qq.com/
u17.com/

>Online Novels:
qidian.com/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSBREA2T02S20140330
google.com/amp/m.scmp.com/news/china/article/1568634/keeping-it-family?amp=1
informationliberation.com/?id=56119
youtu.be/rt1UaOBvYN8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

AUSPICIOUS REPEATING DIGITS

>Beijing has denied his allegations and Guo himself is now the target of multiple lawsuits. But many Chinese are gripped by his sensational account of the links between politics and business.

>Some of his allegations seem far-fetched, but the picture he paints is one of pervasive moral bankruptcy. In the absence of transparency, it has tarnished Xi’s narrative of a Party which has rediscovered its moral compass.

Nice clickbait. Guo has claimed he has tapes but every time people ask him for evidence, he claims he has to wait a little longer.

Hilarious seeing Western media latching onto and supporting the bullshit of a fucking corrupt Chinese billionaire, all the while they attack corrupt Chinese billionaires in China. They all bribe and cheat, so why defend someone who literally states that he is corrupt?

Why are you wumao'ing so much?

Reminder if you are of chinese ancestry but born in and/or grew up in the west e.g. Usa, Australia you are not chinese. You only carry chinese blood.

#
Time to wake up and stop larping as a chinese. You grew up in america. You are chinese by ancestry. You are american. Sure you can connect back to your roots by reading on chinese literature, learning chinese, visiting china. You dont need to be of chinese blood to do that. Anyone who wants to can do that

Who is more Chinese tho? An ABC who can't speak Mando or a well integrated Caucasian Chinese that speaks fluent mando?

what's cindy doing?

Definitely the 2nd one. No question. No contest.

>It is reminiscent of the Mao era, when the Party expected citizens to spy on each other, and kept detailed files on them to instil fear.

>But Xi’s surveillance network may already be more powerful. China has no meaningful privacy protection and every mobile phone is now a potential listening device and censorship tool.

>China’s leaders have always prioritised the control of sensitive information. But until Xi, the underlying assumption of many communists during the reform era was that a complex and dynamic modern economy would need decentralised decision making and that this would ultimately mean more internet freedoms.

Oh yes because this wasn't happening under Hu "forced labor camps make better men" Jintao, Jiang "political prisoners will be executed, or Deng "slaughter the protestors" Xiaoping.

Western media is such biased bullshit. Literally no reference to the past. They just want to makea meme that somehow things are different in 2017 versus 2012.

At least post chinese kpops

Depends is the Caucasian person a Chinese national?

Why do you believe lies?

Why is this girl with a Chinese?

That's written by a woman who's been BBCs China correspondent for several decades. I'd like to think she knows what she's talking about.

She is French

Lets say hes not a national. If hes well integrated and can speak fluent mandarin how can you say hes less chinese than an ABC that cannot speak mando.

Chinese men know kung fu

>Depends is the Caucasian person a Chinese national

Unless the person is from one of those Turkic minorities it's literally impossible for a Caucasian to be a chinese national.

>There he joined other senior Party figures in bowing three times before the glass sarcophagus in which Mao’s body lay, a mark of respect on the 120th anniversary of his birth.
>It apparently doesn’t matter that Mao’s policies led to famine and the deaths of more than 30 million Chinese, or that Xi’s own family had been persecuted in the lost decade of the Cultural Revolution. Under Xi Jinping, dwelling on inconvenient facts of history or insulting revolutionary heroes and martyrs is now a punishable offence called “historical nihilism”.

Why is the BBC purposefully trying to deceive people? Every CCP leader does this.

>Every CCP leader does this.

Nowhere in that text does it imply otherwise.

And I am a China scholar who has taught about China for two decades.

Experience is meaningless if you have a completely biased view of reality. Her entire career has been spent writing hate articles about everything in China. She literally never writes anything positive and supports Tibetan independence. That's extremely anti-Chinese.

You're literally "some random guy on a malaysian knitting forum"

>Nowhere in that text does it imply otherwise.
>It apparently doesn’t matter that Mao’s policies led to famine and the deaths of more than 30 million Chinese, or that Xi’s own family had been persecuted in the lost decade of the Cultural Revolution.

Are you purposefully being retarded? She's saying that it is odd that he visited Mao's grave after what Mao did tohis family. Read the fucking sentence again.

>he thinks chinese social issues can be pigeonholed
This

No I am a Georgetown University professor.

She's talking about the internal conflict he must have felt having to show reverence for the sake of appearances to the man that purged his father.

Learn 2 infer context.

If neither are Chinese nationals then the ethnic Chinese person is more Chinese by virtue of genetics and definitions. Subjectively you are arguing that being within Chinese cultural influences makes a person more Chinese then the other but like all subjective matters, it's a personal opinion. Neither right or wrong.

There are so many variables that can't be accounted for when we talk about something as intangible as culture. I mean how about the parents? Did they I still any cultural or traditional influences into the ABC's life? The Caucasian may be able to speak mandarin but has he experienced what it is to be Chinese?

Personally, I think the question of who is more Chinese or not is frivolous and unhelpful.

Abraham Lincoln's policies lead to 15% of the US population dying during the US Civil War

Would like to believe if you can prove it more convincingly somehow.
I want to believe

My government tells me that some Pakistani that has lived here for 5 years, paid £1,000 and passed a basic test is just as British as I am.

that last thread had so much shitposting lmfao

No. No she does not.

Here is what she wrote
>There he joined other senior Party figures in bowing three times before the glass sarcophagus in which Mao’s body lay, a mark of respect on the 120th anniversary of his birth.
Every CCP leader has done this.
>It apparently doesn’t matter
This phrase means "oddly enough he does something contradictory to his past".
>that Mao’s policies led to famine and the deaths of more than 30 million Chinese, or that Xi’s own family had been persecuted in the lost decade of the Cultural Revolution.
Why it's contradictory for him to visit Mao's body.
>Under Xi Jinping, dwelling on inconvenient facts of history or insulting revolutionary heroes and martyrs is now a punishable offence called “historical nihilism”.
Another piece of bullshit. "Historical nihilism" has always been a punishable offence in China. It goes back to the Mao era. This author is a liar.

For a """"professor""""" your grasp of the English language is very poor.

It was a fucking hypothetical. Ofc its frivolous and unhelpful if you dont like itmthen dont bother.

The hypothetical was simple. Don't complicate it.

ABC wih no mandarin
Cauasian with fluent mandarin and well integrated into chinese society.

Since youre on /sino/ you must be learning chinese. Even if you have a chinese face but cannot speka chinese. People from china will not acknowledge you as chinese

This is what the average family in CHina looks like now

And if he weren't killed the Africans would have been sent back.

He is by the very definition of codified law in your country. You have to use as precise language possible when dealing with the law. I mean where is the cut off? Only 3 generations down of people living in the UK that have paid a total of 500.000 pounds in taxes are truly British? What if the guy 4 generations down is like 'fuck that 3rd generation cunt, I'm 4th'. Likewise what of the guy that's 30 years old born and raised in Britain. Is he more British then the 70 year old immigrant who has British citizenship and has lived there for 50 years?

I agree. Even in a casual posting sense. His grasp of the english language is far too

WE WUZ BUDDHA

Why are you so fucking annoying? Get a life you weird motherfucker because I can guarantee your parents look at you as a waste of space.

Wow you have a short fuse mate. By virtue of definition a Caucasian person is not more Chinese then a Chinese person.

Um wow racist much. Anyone can be Chinese if they want to be.

She also wrote in her article a quote from some farmer where Zhou Yongkang was the ruler.

>In his home village of Xiqiantou many share the surname Zhou. Set amid lush fields and fruit trees, Xiqiantou presents a tranquil scene of whitewashed houses with curved eaves and ducks dabbling on the village pond.
>On the day I visited, one angler hooking bait in the afternoon sun complained: “It’s winner-takes-all in politics here. Zhou Yongkang worked his way up the hard way. He’s made a big contribution to the Party. Xi Jinping’s just pinning these allegations on him.”

Of course, as it's a biased article, she completely failed to mention that Zhou Yongkang had a net worth of $1.2 billion. His family and friends had $14.5 billion. That is compared (Zhou himself was a beet farmer) to them all being farmers only ten years before.
Exclusive: China seizes $14.5 billion assets from family, associates of ex-security chief: sources

>by virtue of definition
And that means what? Are you implying chinese is an ethnicity? Sure if you live in the west. But really, chinese is not an ethnicity

Sorry mate, Chinese as a ethnicity can only be passed by blood and Chinese as a nationality can only be given by the PRC government. It's pretty exclusive to those that fit this criteria.

I didn't make the rules, I'm just tell you them.

By his logic. Abcs are not american. His "virtue of definition" is flawed from the get go >he thinks he can encapsulate identity to a definition

>Zhou Bin is not the only family member who used Zhou Yongkang's power to enrich himself. Zhou Yongkang's two brothers Zhou Yuanxing and Zhou Yuanqing also gathered great fortunes.
>Fellow villagers say that Zhou Yuanxing, a graduate of junior high school, and his son acted as business agents for China's prestigious liquor company Wu Liangye. They were responsible for distribution to local companies. As Zhou Yongkang rose further in government, Zhou Yuanxing also started to use his brother's fame to help lobby government officials, Caixin reported.
>The youngest brother, Zhou Yuanqing - also a junior high school graduate, worked as the deputy chief of a district's land and resources bureau. Zhou Yuanqing started to become the bridge to connect many lower-level officials to Zhou Yongkang, reported Caixin.
>But it was Zhou Yuanqing's wife, Zhou Longing, and son, Zhou Feng, who made a greater fortune.

At LEAST $14.5 billion. Some of them fled overseas with even more cash they stole.

She writes fucking hate articles on China. She implies that Zhou fell because he was a threat and not because he was corrupt. That's such absolute bullshit it makes me scream.

Zhou and his family took at least $14.5 billion from China in 10 years.
What business is more lucrative than corrupt politics?

Would you prefer if I used the word ethnic Han instead of Chinese? Sorry the words are interchangeable to me but I guess I should start using ethnic Han instead.

Please explain what she meant by "It apparently does not matter".

My English is completely fine. You, the cucked Chink, are the one who is questionable.

You mean han chinese faggot

>Please explain what she meant by "It apparently does not matter".

You continue to show your lack of English comprehension. Even in a casual posting sense. For a professor your grasp of the english language is horrible.

Hate repeating myself to dumdums

if you go far enough there is no chinese blood
china is a civilization-nation, not an ethnic nation

You seem confused, abc's can be American because to be American does not require a specific ethnicity and you are free to apply for American citizenship and granted citizenship at their discretion.

Same with china, there are instances of foreign nationals granted Chinese cotizenship, its rare but it does happen. Perhaps I'm not being precise with my language. I'll use ethnic Han and Chinese national now for clarity.

google.com/amp/m.scmp.com/news/china/article/1568634/keeping-it-family?amp=1
>How much wealth had Zhou Yongkang's family amassed before the former security tsar's fall?
His family stole $14.5 billion.

Oh but no. BBC claims that Zhou wasn't corrupt.

Assuming you are correct, what is her solution? Don't go visit Mao and get kicked out of the Party?

Kill yourself you cucked chink faggot.

Cool story bro. Finish your 2nd year of uni in asian studies first, kid.

>BBC claims that Zhou wasn't corrupt.

Where?

china is one of the least diverse, homogenous countries in the world. I would consider it a ethnic nation.

>to be American does not require a specific ethnicity
Same with chinese. Ethnicity is Irrelevant. An abc cannot obtain Chinese citizenship even if thy have relatives with Chinese citizenship

native americans can be seen as un-diverse as well, subsaharan africans even

china is an assimilative culture at least historically

You sont understand basic chinese history do you?

China is 100% diverse it's full of minorities.

Africa too.

they say its 92% han chinese but even amongst "han chinese" theres clear differences.

Do "ethnic chinese" people even truly exist anymore

Where do I start man..

Does anyone else think Winston's videos are becoming a bit weird?

His latest one is trying to imply not wanting to recycle is somehow a comment on Chinese culture.

Yes, that's why at the very beginning I asked if any of the two had Chinese nationality. someone who speaks the language of another country isn't more 'chinese' then another person who is ethnically Han because by virtue of definition, neither are Chinese nationals. while a ethnic Han living in another country may be exposed to Chinese culture through their parents a Caucasian person probably won't have that experience unless they come from peculiar circumstances. Devils in the details.

I'm baiting you. =^]

Isn't China the biggest recycler in the world?

No you werent idiot. You just failed miserably at convincing anyone. You got figured out Extremely early

Absolutely none, I'm going with the descriptions that are provided to me by reputable sources. So split hairs all you want.

Youre obsessing over unnecessary details over a as you said frivolous hypohetical.

It shows

Probably by virtue of being the largest population in the world. And he does point out that recycling is a big industry.

He shows that Shenzhen has Recycling bins alongside regular bins, but chinese people don't use them to recycle. Which seems standard the world over.

What was I "figures out" as?

China is becoming masculine again.

>While U.S. Media Celebrates Feminization of Boys, China Moves to Prevent 'Masculinity Crisis'
>A new school textbook that aims to teach boys how to be "masculine" men has been released. Called "Little Men," the book covers the differences between boys and girls, the importance of the father-son relationship as well as the importance of interacting with nature and managing money.
>The colorfully illustrated book was first published in December 2016 by Shanghai Educational Publishing House and has been approved for fourth and fifth grade classes across the country, after a trial period in selected schools.

>"Nowadays, girls are becoming more like boys while the boys are becoming more like girls, introvert and shy," echoed another parent called Huang, a hotel employee.
>"The boys are now less masculine than when I was of their age," said a retired worker named Tian, a grandfather to an 8-year-old boy.

>Some sections of the Chinese media have also suggested that the popularity of effeminate Korean and Japanese actors and pop stars is a factor in the supposedly diminishing masculinity of Chinese youth. Last month, a headline in a prominent English-language Chinese newspaper blamed a "'gender crisis' on effeminate men in Japanese, Korean culture."

>China's education system may also have played a role in bringing about the current state of affairs, with some commentators blaming an acute shortage of male teachers in the country, depriving young boys of male role models. Four out of five teaching positions in urban areas of China are held by women.

>According to Tiantian Zheng, a professor of anthropology at State University of New York at Cortland, the issue of "masculinity" and the upbringing of boys is being treated as a priority at state level educational policy.

informationliberation.com/?id=56119

Not as. As what youre not.

Does this apply to every ethnicity or only Chinese?

precision is important. Sweeping generalizations are bad. Every scenario can be analyazed and debated as long as the variables are known and accounted for. Forcing someone to choose between two examples without the relevant information is a false dichotomy and only favours those who want to push a narrative and are uninterested in a reasonable answer.

you can get more definable then that right? But carry on.

Interesting. You forgot to factor one thing. Its a casually presented hypothetical. Thats why i said you're looking at unnecessary details.
Recognised Chinese ethnicities in china

Why is every community on the internet that discusses China either incredibly anti China or 五毛? How about some middle ground?

don't get the hype about this bitch

You don't get the hype about ginormous breasts?

because internet and chinas position in the world

Even if you say it's casually hypothetical, if you wanted a genuine answer you should have no problem providing me details that would allow me to make a informed decision. Why does it make up upset that I'm asking for details on a completely hypothetical scenario? Do you have a condition that makes it difficult to post on Vietnamese bread making site?

meh

this on the other hand is the ideal female body
you may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like

"夷狄之有君,不如諸夏之亡也。"
"孔子之作《春秋》也,諸侯用夷禮則夷之,夷而進於中國則中國之。"

That's a boy

checked two random threads in the catalog and in both this AMWF guy was in the first posts dropping a picture

what is his end goal?

>be me
>looking for new supplier outside china because chinks has become too greedy
>just downloaded zalo (aka the whatsapp of vietnam)
>talking in vietnamese on chat rooms, saying Im from Peru and I want to purchase sport shoes wholesale
>get a contact
>he offers me pic related
>price 2900d vn
>I dont get his price, I mean the rate of 1 dollar = 22 718 vietnamese dong
>how that shoes can cost only 2900d (0.12 usd) ?
>its not possible, so cheap

you want to start dealing counterfeits?

get OUT

This 泰國人 says he's Chinese+German, do you believe him?
youtu.be/rt1UaOBvYN8

this guy is so fucking obnoxious

harder to watch than that fucking food ranger fucker