>me
>pokemon gold

youtu.be/5bxoHyYjRis

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vrgzwxo2-34
youtube.com/watch?v=PsXpjLNAAT4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Remember muddling through the whole thing without a translation

I have a very poor memory and therefore barely remind of anything I have done before high school.

>me
>playing my brand new Donkey Kong Country with my cousins during christmas

gold was my first pokemon game too but it was in french so i couldnt understand shit and it took months to figure out how to go trough stuff

Watching my dad and mom fighting drunk during christmas day.

youtube.com/watch?v=vrgzwxo2-34

>childhood memories
My dad getting drunk and beating mom around the house

I grew up in the 90s so our family more often than not had been struggling to get something other than boiled potato. On my birthdays mum and dad used to present me with a can of some fizzy drink or a bag of crisps. Dad could "borrow" some sausage from his employer for the celebration.
Even nowadays I still consider restaurants something that only rich people would use because of how overpriced everything they sell there is.

At the time my father was working as a driver in the city hall. He got lucky with that job. So he's been stealing meat leavings leftover from his employer's meals. It was the only chance for us to have some sort of meat products.
I distinctly remember getting a medium bag of pizza flavoured Cheetos as a present for 1999's new year celebration. Sometimes all we had for a week straight was the cheapest instant ramen.
Also, keep in mind that blackouts were very common - twice or thrice a week was a usual thing. No running water at night - only from 9 in the morning till 6 in the evening. Television used to shutdown at 22:00 too.
I remember my brother brought a cold two days old Big-Mac from Moscow. It was all cold, slick and squashed up. We cut it into 6 pieces so everybody could have a taste of what american food is like. I used to brag about it in front of my schoolmates.

dad went to buy cigarettes and he never came on my back.

mario 3 and pokemon kanto journey

1980s Japan is my dreamland
Thank you for my Casio watches btw.

;/

That's actually really sad ;_;

but at least you could make a lot of snow coffee

>riding bicycle all over the city all day everyday without my parents being worried at all
>skip to adulthood
>city is now an overpopulated ghetto shithole and I'd never have the courage to ride my bike here
>tfw almost 30 and it keeps getting worse

I really wish we were allowed to say, "Fuck off, we're full."

I have a bunch of older siblings so I got to play their computer games growing up. I used to play the Sega Mega Drive (still had one into the early 2000's), PS1, the then new PS2 and Gameboy Colour (although it was Pokemon Red predominately). As a kid, I didn't really care about the difference in graphics, power, etc. but rather thought in terms of how fun it was. Hence I could go from Golden Axe on the Sega to GTA Vice City on the PS2 and not think much of it. Of course, I'm still like that and continue to enjoy games that are now retro

>russians just love to share the stories of their sufferings with us
why is that? they are no worse than most 3rd world cuts. but they just love sharing their sad stories in great detail.

Because we have no jolly stories to share.

When I was in kindergarten I was really into Disney movies. The Lion King was my favourite by far.
My first videogames where Disney games aswell, Tarzan, Toy Story 2, Lion King (DOS),Hercules(DOS), Aladin (DOS), a Bug's Life ect.
When I was 5 I watched Pokemon and then Yugioh when I was like 6-7.
I also played GTA from a young age because my parents weren't tech savy, they tought all vidya is for children.
I played Vice City when it came out, then later San Andreas.
I never had Nintendo stuff except once getting a GBA with Pokemon Yellow, but it looked like shit compared to PC games so I didn't play it.
I was im Higschool when I started to appreciate Pokemon games.

youtube.com/watch?v=PsXpjLNAAT4

sounds very comfy

but why do you keep posting that pasta about the big mac? don't you have your own stories to share.

I wrote that pasta. I can post it whenever I want.
And it's real btw. That big mac was god damn delicious. Tasted like freedom.

ah so it is just you being sad. yeah and le big mac is still delicious btw.

what a shame that the battery responsible for maintaining the clock and memory in that doesn't hold up

My condolences.

but most of the critical settings are persisted in a non-volatile memory. so you should be able to replace the battery and boot up

- Wars with water balloons during Holy Week until they got banned for being wasteful
- Playing football and hide and seek with the lads from the neighbourhood
- Ringing random bells and then running away before the people who lived there opened the door
- Riding the bicycle for hours with the lads across the giant city without adults ever noticing how far we went
- Going to the arcades to play KoF 98
- Slingshots, marbles, "trompos"
- Pokemon Tazos
- Yu-GI-Oh cards
- DB, DBZ, GT, Ranma 1/2, Pokemon (anime), Digimon, Sakura Card Captors, Monster Rancher, Zoids, Captain Tsubasa
- Batman: The Animated Series, Spiderman (94-98), Justice League, Batman Beyond, Project Zeta
- Dexter's Lab, Time Squad, Johnny Bravo, Beetlejuice, MIB (cartoon), Dennis the menace, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Beast Wars, Gargoyles, AAAHH real monsters
- Pink Panther, Top Cat
- Moomin, Ernest the Vampire, Les Contes de la Rue Broca, Dartacan, Funnybones, Les Adventures d' une Mouche, Pingu
- MMPR Power Rangers
- Tales from the Crypt, Goosebumps, Are you afraid of the dark?, Xena, Dinosaurs, Sabrina, Charmed, Baywatch (Pamela Anderson), X-Files, The Lost World (Conan Doyle's), Big Wolf on Campus, Early Edition
- Sesame Street, Beakman's World, Bob Ross
- Walking with Dinosaurs, Shark Week
- Langoliers, IT
- Alien 3 (all the series, really), The Blob (84), Tremors, Deep Rising, The Fly, Kingdom of the Spiders, Marabunta
- Lion King, The Witches, Hocus Pocus, Balto, Blank Check, The Prince of Egypt, Dumbo, The Fox and the Hound, The land before time
- Jurassic Park, Edward Scissorhands, Forrest Gump, Green Mile, Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, Home Alone, Jumanji, The Little Rascals
- Goonies, Back to the Future, Star Wars
- American Pie
- Amar te Duele, Elisa antes del fin del mundo, La segunda noche
- GoldenEye 007 in the N64
- Metal Slug, Crash Bandicoot and CTR
- Resident Evil 2
- Majora's Mask
- Halo: CE and Halo 2
- Mother Teresa dying
- Pope John Paul II visiting Mexico
- 9/11

nice