Newly built Swedish village

This place is called Jakriborg, it was completed 10 years ago. What do you think? Is this the way to go in Europe or do you prefer glass and concrete boxes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VJ-ADFmxDNY
sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=96&artikel=6785734
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i wish Stockholm didn't let greedy people build in the city.

wow i like haha they built it for refugees? xD

sweden YES YES YES ahaaha

I agree, too late for that now. Point is that old type buildings can still be built, sure they wont actually be old, but they look better to the eye. Just look at some parts of Dresden, how it was re-built in old style after the bombings.
They built it for ethnic Swedes, no niggers allowed

This doesn't look good. Feels alien somehow.

>Jakriborg is a housing estate in Hjärup, Staffanstorp Municipality between Malmö and Lund in Scania, southern Sweden.
>Malmo

Grenade'd in 3...2...1...

Unfortunately its placed in the middle of bumfuck nowhere, it should have been a coastal village to make it truly authentic. But I guess it was much much much cheaper to build here.

It loooks way wayyy better than the glass boxes seen everywhere in our cities.

Ugh, it's not aesthetic at all. No village ever looked like that.

why's there a scanian flag rather than a swedish one

No it doesn't. I understand the sentiment, but they just did it so poorly.

Its the same in the Netherlands. You have 2 groups.
>Yeople who insist nothing can ever change and who want all buildings to be build in traditional style (or maybe a modernist twist on old style)
or
>Muh glass boxes, cities completely indistinguishable from any modern city in any place of the world with all sense of history and culture replaced with globalism

fuck you i want my cyber futurism

It could need some more statues/decorations on house fasades to make it look more authentic. But that stuff is expensive.

How are cyber futuristic cities not the same as muh glass boxes cities? Aka no history/culture and the endgoal of globalism.

No it's the design of all those houses. They're off. Very unappealing.

So you're from the second group

Looks awesome.

You might have brain damage Björn. They'll age even better looking than they are now.

Some restaurants with outside serving too.

No reason. You'll see regional flags flying here and there depending on the region. Sometimes people feel like the Swedish flag makes things too stately or official.

what the fuck is this ugly shit

No. i think there is aesthetic and emotional value in futurism.also some degree of flamboyance in contrast to the globalist dull and practical stuff

its feels empty.. its like a old western cardboard cutout set

question, do blekinge and halland use the scanian flag since they were part of skånelandene or do they have their own regional flags as well?

IMO looks artificial and forced. Reminds me of this town in the US that tries to look like a Bavarian village for retarded tourists (it works btw).

Looks like autistic, lifeless LARPing, completely missing the point of what they were imitating. So, 100% european.

No region actually have their own flags but the "Skåne" flag is only used in Skåne.

this is actually something I'm really into, building historically accurate architecture

so while I like the idea the buildings in that picture are pretty wonky. I've seen something like that in the US which was even cheaper, Stoudtburg village in Pennsylvania

but I think you'll almost always get stuff like that when it's built by a development firm purely for profit rather than some goofy rich guy's hobby

Look at the chart.

No, nobody cares about what was part of what really.

kind of reminds me about the nikolaiviertel. the GDR (re)build it to celebrate berlin's 750 year anniversary. it is ment to combine classic german architecture with soviet industrialized building...

Don't be retarded.

forgot the picture

>nikolaiviertel

looks like half life 2

How much is population of that town?

like a disney attraction

How am I retarded? None of those flags are official.

I have this feeling as well, something is wrong

worst part is some of the old buildings survived and now stand directly next to this soviet bullshit

yep, they didn't capture that pleasing form of those buildings much at all

I like these.

I dislike this. It does not need to be at the most beautful place, but it needs to interact with the landscape and not have a parking lot next to it spanning the entire village.
Similar thing in Dresden actually. The center is starting to be beautiful again but it seems utterly lost in the landscape once you walk out of the center.

rude

wew

Check this pic, the building os slovenian national galery, and right behind it there is an ugly commieblock.

Be happy the old building is still standing, they could have demolished it. In the future, you can easily demolish the commie block.

Lots of old areas in our Stockholm was demolished during the 50's and replaced with commie blocks and glass boxes. It hurts.

city planners are running mad everywhere it seems

pic related: the new buildings not only hide but the construction already damaged the nearly 200 year old church that is filled with sculptures

> American architecture

it's built from scratch, therefore it's fake.

youtube.com/watch?v=VJ-ADFmxDNY

a similar thing happened to my city, this was all demolished for the most part in the early 1960s to make way for modern skyscrapers, two gargantuan regional hospitals, tunnel and overpass network, etc.

it's a shame really, it's some kitschy little village owned by a brewery that was supposed to entice tenants and antique shops. The shame is that it's in the middle of Pennsylvania Dutch country and there could've been a Williamsburg-tier village design based off of Palatinate and Pennsylvania historic vernacular architecture. Plus the topography of the surrounding area is really nice

>replaced with commie blocks and glass boxes.
Oh, they managed to do that too. This is the same building but from the side, they build a fucking glass block in the middle of the building

The city center of my home town (above)
The ever expanding housing zone (just outside the center)

They're planning on adding some weird glass towers akin to the WTC, just outside the center, kek

Welcome to hell

And yet it looks better than anything Russia has ever built.

You can like both :)

post more please
especially houses

I think it should develop however people want to build their houses.

>None of those flags are official.
WRONG
sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=96&artikel=6785734

>Den skånska flaggan är den äldsta regionala flaggan - men har ändå ingen officiell flaggstatus. Det vill regionstyrelsens ordförande, socialdemokraten Henrik Fritzon, ändra på.

SNAPPHANARNA KOMMER RESA SIG ÄNNU EN GÅNG
BRÄNN NER FJOLLTRÄSKET

>Jakriborg
They couldn't think of an uglier name?

sry

What about this one ?

thats the fucking flag im talking about
havent your (insert family member that now lives in Sweden) thaught you anything?

Wtf is this actually true?

post more what? new construction or older?

Sorry, I can not into cuckspeak.

>BRÄNN NER FJOLLTRÄSKET
Detta.

*laughs*

These houses look ridiculus, they are huge.
>hey, let's build blocks of flats but without flat roofs, nobody will notice they are just cheap made shitty blocks

1/10 China tier architecture

Picrel- norma size housing

wrong pic

dont worry i will teach your sister and when she comes back home for vacation she can teach you

looks like a german town, is this the swedish plan of getting away from/isolate the feral negroes?

Our "traditional" style would be Georgian or Federal which are pretty easy to imitate correctly as long as the builder doesn't cheap out on stuff

I only see it being built really cheaply in suburban college campuses and neo-urban developments though

>Skåneflaggan kan bli officiell
>kan bli officiell

My suspicion is they aimed for old style architecture but they made the roads wide enough to accomodate two cancer-coughing cages next to one another completely ruining the feel of medieval cities

It's crap and it's proof why fedorafags are wrong about modern art and architecture.

I like it.

>tht boarded up house entrance

OMAR COMING YALL

This is an authentic old town in Sweden, of the same style as in threadstart example

I like it.

Looks pretty good, I like it.
Still this and this

I actually like it, but its placed rather unfortunately.
Goddamn, why is architecture done right so rarely.

we ride the updrafts

why do nordics have such weird colors on their buildings

looks like rainbow road all the damn time.

You like asiatic cities?

DICC

nuke it
Its aesthetic. And it can be seen all around the baltic sea, not just in Nordic cunts.

A chinese take on germany.
The architects were german too.
So is the staff hired as public faces of the restaurants..

looks like a theme shopping mall the closer you get to it

that looks racist as hell, clinging to your roots like that