Refusing to eat delicious and cheap rabbit meat

>refusing to eat delicious and cheap rabbit meat
Explain yourselves, anglos

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U2keZyMtCoY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I think the English actually do, right? I mean look at Tolkien with samwise gamgee and all that story about coney with potatoes

I'm a vegetarian

Well I've just watched a rabbit recipe on the tube and it was filled comments by americans basically saying rabbits are pets and shouldn't be eaten

I have, it's pretty good.
It's also possible to keep pigs as pets. Just make sure you remember which one you're cooking and which one you're keeping and you should be good!

gib link

Rabbits are varmint and should be shot

my grandparents had a rabbit farm, but they used to tell me it was weird chicken when we ate rabbit

youtube.com/watch?v=U2keZyMtCoY
Here my slavic friend

I have never seen rabbit in the grocery store
If you want rabbit here you need to hunt it yourself

thank you, my arabic brother

Rabbit meat used to be a big thing in the US. Fell out of fashion though. It's good, but people have problems eating something so cute.

Do you have any farmer's markets near where you live? That's where my family and I picked it up the last time we had it.

I unironically want to eat a SOPA de conejo just to see what it tastes like.

Do you think rabbit meat can become a new market in the US? There might be some potential for businesses

>Do you have any farmer's markets near where you live?

yes, but the only animals they sell are chickens

>Do you think rabbit meat can become a new market in the US?

I don't think so, people see them as cute pets, and not many people eat them now

Spicy rabbit is the best

Unlikely, there's a huge movement toward keeping them as pets.
Ah, dang, I'm sorry about that. Hopefully some different foods will be available in the future!

They will always be specialty items because people think they look cute. They don't really make good pets either, most people end up just leaving them in a cage for 10 years.
You can usually find it at a butcher's or he'll at least tell you where to find some

>Unlikely, there's a huge movement toward keeping them as pets.

It's fairly popular as an urban farming thing around where I live. Rabbits are easy to keep and environmentally friendly. It's not going to become the next beef, but I'm seeing a lot more rabbit than I used to.

They definitely are a lot more difficult and temperamental than they look. My bunny's favorite activities involve throwing things and chasing other animals around the house.

That looks good

It is rabbit hunting season now, but I haven't seen many in years, now I have too many fox and coyote on my property

That's pretty cool! I'm betting that they're typically flemmys?
That'll make a difference!

I think they're difficult pets because their legs allow them to move very fast, but don't allow for small movements. Dogs and cats can turn to look at you and walk with you which is more comfortable to most people.

I grew up in rural southeast Wisconsin. I ate rabbit pretty regularly in the summer. I had a lever action .22 I would use to hunt them. Haul them back to the house, then clean them up. I never liked the innards so I left those for the cats. I’d grill strips of rabbit meat over a firepit and feed some of the fatty scraps to the dog. What I didn’t eat I’d freeze for later. Hunting your own lunch is pretty satisfying.

Nah, they can do all sorts of small, adorable hops if they want to. My bunny just explores the world through violence.

>That's pretty cool! I'm betting that they're typically flemmys?
California or New Zealand rabbits actually. Better meat/bone ratio. It also probably helps that New Zealand rabbits are really freaky looking so it is ok to kill them.