reminder bill is /ourguy/
if you don't like it, fuck off

2018 - The Year of the Fish

>women are for sex, cooking and cleaning
#notmyguy

Gud fight Tbh

feel like shit, just want him back x

predictions for Okolie - Chamberlain?

I see this being potential fight of the year candidate. Genuine beef, winner gets to dominate cruiserweight division, power vs heart, the works.

I see Okolie's power being an issue in the early rounds but Chamberlain on points.

Did any of you decide to quit sparring and just train to stay in shape?
I'm considering it because I think after these years of sparring I am starting to see early signs of slight brain damage, dunno if permanent or temporary of cuncussions not healed properly, but I find it a difficult decision to make.
The thing that concerns me is that I'm 23 and still have to finish my university and I worry I might have trouble to find a job if the damage becomes more evident over time.
If I had a stable job and I was financially secure, then I wouldnt worry too much probably.
Any of you in a similar situation? I believe there was some 'murica guy right here who said to regret the sparring, for those who did was it a difficult choice to make?
Help me /box/

fights id like to see this year(in order)

lomachenko v garcia
fury v aj
thurman v spence jr
wilder v aj
lomachenko/garcia v linares
golovkin/canelo/jacobs v bjs
crawford v Pacquiao/horn

great fights there

You probably do too much full contact sparring and/or take too much punishment.
Go see a doctors if you're really worried, and just do light spar, if you're not at a high level and still young you shouldn't have brain damage.

>lomachenko v garcia
Could happen at the end of the year but it's a risky fight so Bob will put him through a couple of different fights first
>fury v aj
Won't happen until 2019
thurman v spence jr
Small chance for Nov/Dec but only if Thurman doesn't get injured who normally only fights twice a year
>wilder v aj
It will happen
>lomachenko/garcia v linares
Linares is easier than Garcia
>golovkin/canelo/jacobs v bjs
BJS will probably get Golovkin around September time
>crawford v Pacquiao/horn
Crawford vs Horn will probably happen although Horn wants to fight Mundine for money which might delay it

Fuck off you autist. He's gonna get knocked the fuck out by Golovkin.

kek, there she is

>Ear has several black and blue spots and marks on the cartilage the day after sparring
N-no biggie, right guys?

It isn't gonna go full caulliflower next time is it?

i hope so you little stiff dutch idiot

He won't. Golovkin is old and on the slide and Bill is as big as him, he will have also seen how Canelo had success against him in the first 3 rounds and stayed there for 12 rounds

>Golobkeen, what deed jew get for crease mass my fren?

>ITT: 10/10 boxing merch

Gotta ask yourself,what's the point in sparring if you're just getting your face bashed in?

Seriously,there are boxers that aren't even defensive and they box professionally into their 40's whereas you are n your early 20's and you are worried about brain damage. Why keep sparring? You're obviously not learning anything if you keep getting beat so hard that you have headaches every time.

Work on your defense. Then go back into sparring because it's pointless to be taking this much damage when you're not even a pro.

Did anyone see Nery's fight last month?
I had completely forgot about him so I only just checked it out, but jesus, he looks slow as fuck without his "tainted beef", and he even got knocked down by the bum he fought.

I think that Yamanaka could legitimately knock him out in a rematch even if the man is old as fuck.

>Genuine beef

Hello Kugan

Christ, British """beef""" is so manufactured it's not even funny.
You idiots will eat up anything over there.

damn, I'd rather wear steph curry sneakers

>muh "roadman"

dispute this /box/

>British Beef

>Posts two clearly distinguishable sub saharan Africans

The absolute state...

got a different angle of this?

None of these bums will ever be world level

This.
The security guards intervened before they even did anything to make it seem like they started brawling at the face off.
The real madman was Dereck Chisora throwing a table at Dillan Shyte last year, that was real stuff

twitter.com/bharsarma/status/945972202419212289

Why are British people such fucking cuckolds?

>not Rocky Juarez
for shame

Nothing wrong with appreciating athletic brilliance lad

surprised he didn't manage to squeeze a #humble hashtag in there as well.

p a t h e t i c

what the fuck HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh man England is more fucked than I thought.

Fuck off Muhammad

I ain't gay but he lowkey cute as hell

I don't think it's pathetic to support your boy, AJ actually fights under the british flag. the klitschko brothers fought for ucraine but germans were sucking their dicks anyways. if he was white with immigrant baclground you wouldn't care

t. cuckold apologist

I fucking hate the UK. Love you Irish blokes tho

*inhales*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I agree, he's an absolute dirt bag

>literally ousting yourself this hard as an afghan

The UK should be nuked

Juarez had that stupid sleepy eye'd look on his face at all times. I can't even ...

>whoat deed jew get for crease Mas my fren?

Who's the bottom boxer?

C'mon guy, why even post here if you don't know who that is?

>implying he's ever been any other way

Sorry

youtube.com/watch?v=wYfiY8T3hVs

TOP ROUNDS THAT WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN BY SCIENTISTS

>fights under the british flag
>has a very prominent africa tattoo with nigeria singled out

>triple power
genius

Call it /box/. Your picks for:

>Fight of the Year
>KO of the Year
>Fighter of the Year

>Fight of the Year
AJ vs Wlad
>KO of the Year
Rigo No Mas
>Fighter of the Year
Lomachenko

>they can't stop mentioning AJ

It was a good fight lad

Canelo vs GGG
Lemieux vs Stevens
Crawford

I will say, however, that the fight which I've found myself rewatching the most over this year has been Rungvisai vs Chocolatito 1.

>Fight of the Year
Klitschko vs Joshua or Cuadras vs Estrada
>KO of the Year
Chocolatito vs Srisaket
>Fighter of the Year
Crawford

>Rungvisai vs Chocolatito 1.
That was a very underrated fight

>underrated fight

I saw a lot of people billing it as fight of the year candidate until GGG/Canelo became a thing.

BTW, how much influence does the significance of the bout hold when determining the Fight of the Year and Knockout of the Year? Because as said Canelo vs GGG was probably the most significant fight in 2017 but wasn't as incredible as some other fights with lesser interest.

Didn't know. That's great to hear

AJ Vs Wlad
Gassiev liver shot on Wlodarczyk
Lomachenko

It's all subjective, ultimately.

I would say GGG/Canelo lived up to the hype. It was a long awaited event fight in that proved to be a fantastic boxing match between the two best fighters in the most exciting division.

That said, nothing gives me a boxing hard-on like a well fought technical match. And for me, I've watched GGG/Canelo only twice whereas I've studied the shit out GGG/Jacobs, Rungvisai/Gonzalez, and Linares/Campbell.

>Fight of the Year
AJ vs Wlad
>KO of the Year
Wilder vs Stiverne
>Fighter of the Year
Lomachenko

>Crawford fighter of the year for beating a couple of b level guys

Do you even know what fighter of the year is?

yeah it's Crawford for 2017

jfc

rungvisai rightfully has both ko and fighter of the year locked.

>FOTY
Must agree it was Joshua/Wlad.

>KOTY
Stevens Lememe was good, but it was Stevens is a low level opponent.
I have to give it to Sorungvisay for destroying a supposed "p4p" boxer.

>FOTY

Golovkin or Lomachenko. Golovkin beat the top two guys in his class and Lomachenko made everyones favorite boogeyman quit like he didn't even exist.

Why wouldn't it be the guy who has all 4 four belts?

This. Neither Crawford nor Lomachenko have a single top tier win in 2017. Shouldn't be anywhere near the conversation let alone top.

Ryan Burnett has more belts than Lomachenko at his weight. Guess that makes him a better fighter?

>Neither Crawford nor Lomachenko have a single top tier win in 2017
Rigofags still this BTFO

Nothing worth mentioning

>suddenly rigo is a bum

I knew this would happen. This board has no shame, all everyone did was boast about how Rigo was going to end the slavic meme and now its like none of it ever happened.

It's not about that and you know it; it's about Crawford being the only the 3rd person ever to hold all 4 belts from the major sanctioning bodies at the same time.

You getting baited by a few shitposters doesn't change the fact that Rigo walks around at 122 and Loma will likely end up at 147 before his career is over.

>b-but Selby-Warrington isn't a stadium fight
>b-but Frampton c-cant get a stadium fight

Hearn on suicide watch

The point is holding multiple belts is more down to politics than the quality of a fighter. Crawford lucked out that some meme African not attached to any rival promoter ended up with 2 belts. Having all 4 says nothing about how goods a fighter he is if he didn't beat anyone good.

Is this a feasible match-up?

No

okolie has "the man" on his side so he will win

since im not going to be a pro-boxer ever and i'm a scientist I need my brain so I still train and I will do body-shot sparring quite often but i rarely do full sparring and if i do I don't do it full power and use an evasive style

Loma would school him

Loma ud. To much footwork for that stiff nigger

So is that supposed to detract Loma forcing Rigo, a quality fighter who was undefeated, to quit?

Okolie is bigger he'll win, Chamberlain had to be paid extra to take the fight he's shook

>Having all 4 says nothing about how goods a fighter he is if he didn't beat anyone good.

Yes it does. It just means that 2017 was the culmination of a longer effort to absolutely dominate his division. Not his fault that the last two contenders he needed to lay flat to clean out his division weren't necessarily his toughest challenges, which itself reflects on how good he is.

Sure, other people had bigger fights, but he had the biggest achievement.

No but he was far bigger than him. GGG and Srisaket both beat elite fighters of more similar size so are both more deserving of FOTY.

Not that likely. Crawford is going to be up at 147 and Loma isn't that big. Loma can beat the best at 135 and pick off weak 140 champions

It's an achievement in the same way winning the jackpot at a slot machine is an achievement. Very impressive and rare but more down to luck and circumstance than anything he did. Not criteria we should judge fighter of the year on.

this desu. If you enjoy the game but are taking a lot of punishment, focus on you're defence.
When I started I was basically just having wars everytyime i sparred. But I worked a lot on slowing it down, and working on more technical things (I also asked my sparring partners to slow it down a bit for more skill based sparring)

You get a lot more out of it, and aren't just bashing each other up.
Tbh, unless you've been sparring since you were a little kid, or are taking serious beatings regularly, its probably more of a placebo type thing. It takes years for brain problems to surface. unless you've gotten knocked out a bunch of times.

Rigo doesn't walk around at 122 and Loma's barely a lw at most. The size difference had nothing to do with it unless you're a brainlet tier newb who doesn't understand boxing. Anyone in the know knew that would be a mismatch from the time it was signed because of the way Rigo fights. Weak chin, doesn't throw any punches. Wtf did people think was gonna happen lol