What does Sup Forums think of stolen valor...

What does Sup Forums think of stolen valor? Expression of free speech or trying to steal what people have fought and died for?

A relevant story:

>go to flea market on a regular basis
>meet army dude who runs stall that sells army memorabilia
>cool dude, all his shit checks out and the stuff he sells is good
>dude calls him out for stolen valor and puts it online
>friend tried to tell dude about his army service but he ran away, thinking friend was reaching for a gun when he was reaching for alumni card
>really annoying me how dude is slandering friend's identity online and I can't do nothing about it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=phXvY3y5OqY
soundcloud.com/couchtruthing/lynch-factory
thisainthell.us/blog/?p=24149
youtube.com/watch?v=6mrbmf3IRi4
thisainthell.us/blog/?p=40011&cpage=2
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pathetic faggots who have to try and pretend to be something they're not. Watching based Don BTFO of phony seal imposters leads to many keks.

There are 2 types of people who do this.
1) Posers, who want the attention, and accolades
2) People who aren't right in the head, literally. Challenged is the word I would use.

stolen valor is retarded,but not half as retarded as the dudes who dedicate their lives to crying about it.

Pretty much

>complaining about my friend having too many CIBs
>implying you can't take the expert infantryman’s badge test while deployed in a war situation and earn the CIB each time you pass

Based Don. I wish he were my pops.

the CIB and EIB are completely different

People who do it are tools.
People are cry about it are tools.

On the other hand, seeing frauds getting BTFO is always entertaining.

Wannabes and/or people with schizophrenia. Both deserve an ass kicking.

Jesus how fucking gay and goofy those US berets look, do you also have so tiny dicks that you have to have all that bling on uniform?

Sauce that isn't possible though?

people have been doing this for hundreds of years and getting away with it, no reason to get extra mad about it now. con artists trying to get free pizza don't take away from what you accomplished.

At least our army doesn't have dumb Ikea looking guides on our uniforms

At least our army doesn't have a shitload of dumb mouthbreeders thats all sentimental about 'servin' like the fucking faggots they are.

You're a fucking idiot. Those two badges have nothing to do with one another.

At least our army didn't bend over for Hitler in WW2 you fucking Norwie

What if you get a CIB for each tour you do in a conflict though

Its just the Army mostly. Marines just use the ribbons on their Green Alphas.

>Have WW2 Papua New Guinea veteran great-grandfather
>The guy was a "chocko" which meaned he was a shock troop drafted to defend Australia with 10 weeks of training and given inferior equipment
>He ended up killing a lot of Japanese, outnumbered 10:1
>When I was a little boy, I always asked to see his medals when we visited him
>He dies several years ago, and I inherit his medals
>His son and Aunty take the medals, and cut them to seperate them and put them on my cousin's at ANZAC day
>Aunty and his son are city fuckwits, and I'm a country lad
>I never inherit the medals and the medals are separated which is a big no no

pretty cool how you think people are stupid for caring about stuff

t. child

>american education
Yes you did, for 3 years. And check the invasion of Norway and reflect about 'bending over', you fat fucking idiot.

Do what I'm doing for my dad, find out what medals & other awards he won and make a shadowbox in his memory.

It's relatively in the US (dunno about AU though) to get medals at either surplus stores or online for that purpose. Which sadly is how some stolen valor people get their """""awards""""".

>Caring about being a sentimental action man faggot with homoerotic undertones and thinking its all glorious
Roger that Ssgy. Lance faggot CE3 MP5 K9 underchief Arminass!

shameful display! I cant green text but I can relate

My great grandfather was a boat captain in WW2. He transported everything to tanks, gas, guns, ammo, and even the poor bastards on D-Day. He gets sunk a bunch of times by U-Boats (INB4 shitty captain. thats victim blaming SJW's say thats wrong) He lives throughout the war and till I'm born. He dies shortly before my grandfather dies. Somehow know one knows where his medals go. One of my shit head uncles now has all my ancestors medals and fuck knows what happened to them.

there are two types of people who confront stolen valor dorks: 1) pogues 2) other people who didn't serve 3) infantry who actually served but are so retarded they can't even count or behave non-autistically.

I'm also drunk

Grandfather and Aunty lock them in her safe, and seperate them. They'd never put them on display. They don't like me, because my Great-Grandfather thought of his son to be such a fuckwit and not worthy. And I'm more worthy than his own son or grand-daughters.

That's fucked up. Inferior, cowardly people should not have other people's medals. I bet it's an inferiority complex, they somehow think the medals award THEM the valor.

If it some moron just fucking around, or somehow thinking it is respectful, oh well. If they are trying to milk benefits or respect, leave them in an unmarked grave with the rest of the worms.

>american """heroes""" spend 90% of their time playing fashion police in walmart

dumping

Is it possible to look up his army records at some VA or other public record hall? All I needed to get my father's army records was his name, branch of service, and social security number and it listed the division he was in + the unit he served with + his awards + where he was stationed and when

>hostilities escalating throughout europe
>norway fails to mobilize and prepare for a possible invasion
>germany invades

I mean it really is your own fault, Sven

Marine Hero

DD214 has all the awards listed.
That's the form you get when you leave the service.
Theres a copy somewhere in his house.

i'm not really sure what your asking but you cannot wear a CIB and EIB at the same time because they are both group 1 badges

Check out this Navy SEAL

Fake but funny

youtube.com/watch?v=phXvY3y5OqY

Seems legit

shooped ones are great too

don't marines at BRCs train with BUD/S staff? could it be possible for a Marine to go to BUD/S as part of an exchange the way they go to airborne school to get their army wings?

It's morally abhorrent, but since no one is getting hurt it's hard to justify tough punishment.

My dad's 214 didn't have any of his awards listed, I had to wait a few extra weeks and wait for his 201.

I dunno why his 201 had a bunch of stuff his 214 omitted. To my understanding, either he didn't fully look over his 214 when he got discharged or the 214 is just a very abridged version of the 201.

But I dunno what the AU equivalent of it is for his case

Just look at that 1000 yard stare.

What the fuck is on that tv? Are they making terminators?

Militarycucks who have pride in what they do are the only ones who care. It's a complete non-issue. It's as bad as half the shit SJWs cry about.

You only get one for different times of wars.

There is a short list of like 200 dude that have 3 CIB. To have 2 you would have to have served in desert storm 1 and then in the GWOT starting in 2001. For 3 I pretty sure you would have also have to have served in Vietnam.

Pretty pathetic to be honest.

About as pathetic as the jarheads who get their panties in a bunch over it and sperg out in public.

I am beta as fuck but served. I was called out as stolen valor and had to show my VA card.

I think people who call out people are horrible as well because it was a humilitating experiance.

fixed it

can't submariners grow beards? isn't that like the only perk to their job beside it being badass?

no

no active-duty Marine would ever in a billion years go through BUD/S. Marines who do comparable work would have their own facilities and courses. I'm not even sure a prior-service SEAL who was now a Marine (has that ever even happened?) would be allowed to wear the Trident on his Marine uniform.

Time for nigger lynch factory

soundcloud.com/couchtruthing/lynch-factory

Don't care. Only a faggot would take their dress-up game called the "military" serious.

"OH MY GOD HE'S WEARING MY SOLDIER COSTUME"

IDK

I do know that he known as "General Soup" on the internets.

thisainthell.us/blog/?p=24149

Then my guy could've done that since he was in Vietnam, Desert Storm, and possibly the GWOT. I'll have to double check it.

It's just annoying though, some anti-stolen valor site found some other guy's 214 file that obviously wasn't him (different middle name) and they're saying it's him. I saw the shortlist of the 200 guys and his name isn't on there. I'll have to ask him his side of it but I don't wanna believe that he was stealing valor. I know he doesn't though, I know he's been in the military for like 30 odd years or thereabouts and all that sort

there was a seal who became a marine or airforce aviator but my google-fu is failing.

for a while BRC students trained under the BUD/S instructors for small boat training because they DIDN'T have their own course.

can't you wear jump wings on your uniform? hypothetically you should be able to wear the trident.

these threads are always great honeypots for the commies and betas that hover around Sup Forums

90% of threads are people lamenting the death of culture and unity in one way or another, but the military still taking seriously its traditions, regalia, and iconography is 'like the most cucky thing imaginable dude amirite'

simply epic

This one kind of reminds me of Jared Fogle

>Did you just lie under oath?

>WHY? DONT WE HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH?!

This isnt a free speech issue senpai

We could only grow them during deployments. Had to shave before getting into any port also. Longest I was able to go without shaving was about 50 or so days.

Uniforms and medals are cosplay, anyway. Seems fucky that a brave soldier would get butthurt over some loser wearing shit.

you'd think so if they all followed a basic guideline, but each service would have different rules and for each insignia

Marines typically don't like uniform swag, and Marines typically don't like the other services

At least our army is an army, and not just a summer daycare service for directionless alcoholics.

why do people in sub school off themselves?

sounds easy. I know lots about subs and all I do is read wikipedia and books about sub warfare. anyone can do it right?

Even Old Ones aren't immune.

the big army is even worse than what you accused him of. It's just a jobs programs for black bitches and wimpy dweebs.

Same here mate. Family lost my great pop's medals, so I got reproductions and wear them opposite my own on ANZAC days.

Funny how you can always tell they're fake by their stupid looking face.

Just sad and pathetic.

t. civilian with no service.

Combat arms, regardless of branch, are 85% white and up. I was 10th Mountain, all of our noncoms, and all of our officers were white dudes, there were two nonwhites in my entire company, less than a hundred in the BCT.

I don't know, didn't go to sub school because nuke master race. I know we sometimes talked about killing ourselves, in interesting ways, to "get back" at the command. Worst anyone ever did on my boats was cut or stab themselves a bit. Anyone can do it, it's really not that hard. It just sucks a lot going out to sea all the time, 3 or 4 section duty for years, 6 month deployments, ass hole paper pushing officers and such. Sub school only lasts for 2 months or so, anyone who an heroes there is doing his future shipmates a service.

>10th mountain
>big army
grunts can't read.

Because you are on a small ass boat with no windows and a nuclear reactor for months at a time. Imagine the isolation. Fuck that shit dude.

You mean anything outside combat arms or other truly dangerous MOS's.

Niggers, women, and nerds bragging about their military service triggers me.

I was on a carrier and the only people who were allowed to not shave were niggers that someone got no shave chits. I don't know how they fucking got them, but almost every black guy had a beard.

>stolen valor

that phrase makes no sense whatsoever

Sorry i had it wrong.

Subsequent awards of the CIB may be awarded provided the Soldier had met eligibility criteria in two or more of the following four periods:

World War II: 7 December 1941 – 3 September 1945
Korean Conflict: 27 June 1950 – 27 July 1953
The Republic of Vietnam Conflict: Service in the Republic of Vietnam Conflict (2 March 1961 to 28 March 1973) combined with qualifying service in Laos; Dominican Republic; Korea on the DMZ; El Salvador; Grenada; Joint Security Area, Panmunjom, Korea; Panama; Southwest Asia Conflict; and Somalia, regardless of whether a Soldier has served one or multiple tours in any or all of these areas. The Republic of Vietnam Conflict Era (2 March 1961 - 10 March 1995).
Global War on Terrorism (18 September 2001 to a date to be determined) (Afghanistan, Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Freedom's Sentinel ; Iraq, Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation New Dawn ; Syria and Iraq, Operation Inherent Resolve)

So your guy would have had to have served in the in WW2, Korea, and Veitnam; Or Korea, Veitnam, and GWOT.

For some reason Dessert storm doesn't count.

Can anyone point out some of the humorous things that are off with these pictures:

t. civvy

I have some costumers that come into the store I work at wearing "veteran" hats who are old but I'm not too sure if they're really veterans or not, what would you think Sup Forums?

They eyes of one who has truly stared into the abyss.

>If only you knew how many people ive killed.

If they're WW2 vets its real

dat rank arm

>> It doesent move so good anyways

protip:
4/5 of those on his chest are advertisements for corporations

Then he just served from Vietnam + upwards, so I'll have to confront him about it next time I see him.

I just dont wanna believe it though, damn

They just wear their hats, doesn't state anything other than being vets and asking them about it seems like a douchey thing to do

this one is actually a really accomplished delta force operator who just smirks funny in all of his photos. IIRC.

this guy is too old to be junior enlisted. also that collar should be tucked down and he should have a name tape.

can't see his rank but he is too young to have all those ribbons. also that beard.

Same thing going thru nuke school. Had a white friend who had to go to the doc 3 separate times to get a no shave chit. They told him he was the only white guy that they've seen get one.

This is apparently his service record

You know this guy is pretty much responsible for Delta Force. What a legend.

youtube.com/watch?v=6mrbmf3IRi4

you dun' goofed including Vining in there...

I'm civvy too but basically the badges are in the wrong place or not even appropriate for uniforms.

Uniforms in some cases aren't properly fitted. Some of them have ridiculous amounts of medals and ribbons.

>Cannibal

he's eatten ppl

he died a couple of years ago.

thisainthell.us/blog/?p=40011&cpage=2

he had to have admitted to some of that drug use after failing a UA or he was caught red handed, in either case he was stupid to do so.

What gets me is how he was former military and didn't seem to know the uniform standards.

>wrongfully inhaled shoe cleaner
what's the proper way to inhale it then?

I just like seeing what the stolen valor people fucked up in their uniforms. The videos are especially funny when the cameraman is just going along with their ruse.

I didn't know this, what about pic related I heard hes legit.

I remember listening to him on the radio with my dad a couple decades back.