Why aren’t they good at soccer?

Why aren’t they good at soccer?

because soccer is for fags

because

bad youth development and relative lack of interest. Also, they aren't actually bad.

its the redemption arc where we reach our true form estados unidos led by christiano pulichicano

Our youth development is medieval, American players (except Pulisic) can’t into technical ability.

It's considered a girls sport.

it's like the 20th most popular sport in America so all of our best athletes play real sports

Because hardly anybody in America plays soccer after they're 10 years old just like in Canada. It's just a basic introduction to sports before you're coordinated enough to play baseball, basketball, hockey or football.

Beyond that, it's considered more of a feminine sport.

>considered a girls sport
Same here. On par with field hockey and volleyball.

Because the whole world plays it

nobody was even asking about here. not really sure why you are making this comparison.

it's a girls sport.
our women are world champions
if our men cared (they never will), we'd have more world cups than brazil.

awesome thread frends i sure hope it gets 200+ replies

They don't have proper youth development. The best pitches, coaching, elite competition, etc. isn't necessarily available to the most talented youngsters: it goes to kids from affluent families who pay thousands of dollars for their children to play at a high level.

This 'pay to play' culture has resulted in a youth development infrastructure that's more concerned with the parents' wallets than their kids' talents.

It also means that the US isn't properly tapping into their most natural recruiting pool - the Hispanic community.

Not intelligent enough for it

cringe. did you read an article on your lunch break you ugly soyboy cunt

>how dare you offer information that nobody specifically asked for on an anonymous message board! This triggers my autism!
Calm your tits, Betty-Sue.

>w-we don't care
>w-we're goat at sports that other countries just hapen not to play

t. american bitchboi

>the best player the United States of America has to offer is a Croatian

Yes they are.

too many mexicans. they ruin everything

Because they don't care.

they are having their worst spell in 30 years and are still probably a top 45 team. they've been around 20th for like 10 years before that.

Says the nancy-boy coming in here to defend soccer of all things. Why are you soccer players so sensitive?

the 'pay to play' culture is because the elite youth teams have to travel a lot when they play. sometimes they even have to fly to other places. its not like yuroacademies that can just take a bus everywhere.

the obvious explanation is that soccer lacks the history and allure of the big four sports here and the most gifted athletes are drawn to those, but I'm sure we concoct some banana land rationalization as damage control that involves Americans being too stupid and fat to "understand" soccer

Its a women's sport.

Look how our women fucking own it, yet our men are mediocre at best.

i wasnt defending sawker. i was pointing out that you are one of the american bitchleafs that come running to the defense of their fat overlords.
this thread was made to laugh at burgers being shit at sawker and you are here defending them.

>omg I made a thread and not everybody is doing exactly what I wanted from them
>I'm a little salty bitch so this is too much for me to handle
All I did was come and say that soccer isn't big in America for the exact same reasons it isn't big in Canada. You're the one that had the autistic spergfest about this for some reason...

you have just demonstrated you don't understand it, and you're probably fat too lets be honest

All our best athletes play other sports like football, baseball and basketball. If you got the best American athletes to play soccer we would win the World Cup every year just like how we win Olympic gold in basketball every year.

>HURRRR MURICA BAD YUROP GOOD DURRRR
spotted the trudeau voter

this

imagine lebron as a libero

Because white sports are racist, same reason why hockey is on the decline.

Tobacco & Trampoline

>same reason why hockey is on the decline
Explain.

The way this flag is designed is #triggering me so hard

>defense
Nice American spelling you've got there for a """Canadian"""

because nobody cares about it

if the USA put all its baseball/basketball/football athletes and money into soccer the world would be at our mercy

Best reply ITT

The beetus mane

>caring about a semen slurping sport

>muh youth development
Most people don't realise that most of that development comes from a cultural level. Here only outcasts don't play every week
Pic related I'm going to a 7 a side game right now
Americans don't have a football culture therefore they're shit

>born in Hershey PA

we don't care, i know y'all yuros think we're memeing but the MLS unironically gets fewer TV viewers than the WNBA, it gets absolutely dominated by the Big 4

All these leafs coming to suck on USA's cock as per usual itt

THIS FLAG IS WRONG. THE RED STRIPE IS ALWAYS ON THE TOP WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO OP

we are.
Messi? American.
Pele? american
Look it up, all great succer players were born in US.

They are good, others are just a lot better.

We won back to back world wars together. You wouldn't understand what that kind of relationship is like.

Shows how little you know.

that is one retarded logic right there

that's because the MLS is a retirement home for european players

Holy shit why are you retards so obsessed with that shitter from dortmund, hes fucking average he couldnt even beat trannydad & tomaco

Aussiepost best post.

tapioca & tobacco

If Pulisic is Croation Griezman is German

you chicanolards are cancer

he's infinitely superior to any mexican that has ever existed.

because their borders are closed?

>baseball
>a sport

hold up there buddy is golf a sport now too?

Limited interest and poor youth development

Baseball is probably the only American sport that's truly popular internationally

A better question is why do other countries care so much about the fact that we don't care about their sport? Americans don't care about soccer, leave it alone and enjoy your shit sport for yourselves while we enjoy ours

We're constantly in their media and news so they're kind of forced to think about us.

> baseball
> handegg
Neither of those two require more coordination than football

That flag hurts my autism

Same question goes to you bootleg Peru

because other nations care about soccer

if the rest of the world cared about handegg, apehoop and the olympics then america would be crap in those, too

hi everybody

Non Americans actually believe this

Yeah, that's why America always wins the most gold medals in the Olympics.

because our athletes grow up in high schools and desire young pussy, as opposed to sausage fest youth academies where european boys learn the meaning of brotherly love.

It's for girls

Who cares lol, soccer is gay as fuck and is only played by the majority of the world because it's a sport that can be played by 3rd worlders, hence povertyball.
Contact sports are just more exciting and entertaining, that's just something divegrass fags will have to deal with and why soccer will never be a powerhouse sport in NA.

boys youth sport is split between the big 4

but girls youth is almost entirely soccer

youth ---> high school ---> college ---> semi-pro/pro ---> national team

women's national team can keep picking and filtering up to the best as the women's talent pool keeps getting more elite

men's nat team gets the scraps. there is no big league in the states where an naturally athletic kid can make money like he could in the big 4. so why would he bother playing soccer?

you'd be stupid to think that if soccer was the national sport the us wouldn't have a world cup by now. kids unironically dgaf about soccer unless they're girls

are you fucking illiterate you dumb, disgusting fat fuck? don't quote me ever again.

baseball is rounders and rounders is for girls

>soccer is a white sport
Top kek

This all boils down to a lack of interest though. Parents who care about soccer pay all of that money because there's relatively little interest in public schools and colleges, which is how the U.S. develops its players.

It's starting to become that way with basketball though as well, rich parents are paying out the ass to get their kids on a good AAU team which then gets payed out the ass by securing a Nike or Adidas sponsorship. But even so, you can still go to the NBA, NFL, or MLB by playing in a good public school or getting a scholarship to a private school.

There's really not enough funding or care for students to get scholarships for high school soccer, and there really aren't any powerhouse public schools focused on soccer. Compare that to Texas, where high school football is a religion, and teams play in stadiums bigger than some colleges, raking in an insane amount of revenue, and that's just one state. The community couldn't care less about kids using 40 year old broken down textbooks, but would be happy to pay taxes to build a new football stadium. That's the kind of zealousness that other countries have about soccer, and that's on top of having a 50-100 year head start on the sport.

It's really a surprise that we've even made as many world cups as we have.

>complete non-contact sport
>still no women in the mlb after almost 150 years

so many uninformed idiots here.

US Soccer is fine.

People like to pretend that anyone outside the top 5 in the world "are complete shit"
but if you arent an idiot, you can accept that everyone in the top 20 is fine.

The reason they didnt make it to the cup is the same reason Chile and Holland and Italy didnt,.
simply entitled attitudes.
"Even if we lose this game, we'll be fine, we're better than all of these teams"

Talent is not an issue,
the pool is more talented than ever in all of history.
anyone who says otherwise is an idiot.

and MLS is beyond fine and growing significantly every year as usual.
Stop being little bitches.

We have mexicans, not brazilians

>But viewers averaged under 300,000 for nationally televised regular-season matches, fewer than the average for a New York Yankees game on their regional sports network

This. America is for real sports like NFL and NBA

Hockey is the white man's sport.
Baseball is honorary because while it isn't heavily white, the Hispanics and blacks who play baseball aren't pavement apes, unlike obesecollide and dinduhoop players.

>suck so hard at real sports you resort to shitty brainlet activites nobody else cares about
>call it the world series

They have money to spend on other sports and it's not the only way to make it out of their destitute existence in some favela or banlieue.

olympic_medal_count.jpg

what about it?

>makes fun of baseball because "nobody cares about it"
>b-b-but w-we w-won cross c-country s-skiing n sheeeit
Good for you, kid.

>brags about olympic medals
>country of 320 million people can't beat an inhabitable mountain range with 5 million people on it

also
>leaf
what are you guys even good at? timber""sports""?

>the american brings up the Olympic medal count

>b-b-but w-we w-won cross c-country s-skiing n sheeeit

what did you mean by this

>not including summer Olympics
Hmm

I'm not sure why you're acting so pissy. I said good job. That's a complement. These are very important sports that you're competing in. Skiing across completely flat ground and then shooting an airgun at a 1 foot target 20 feet away? I don't even know how that's possible. And your national handball team? Good lord that's a hardcore sport. I don't know how more people don't die playing it. You should be so proud.

>get butthurt and resort to moyues-tier passive aggressiveness