Smaller leagues

Mid-season performance report edition

This is a test thread for all smaller leagues around the world. How's the league table looking? How is your team doing? Are you feeling optimistic about the second half of the season?

How small are we talking here?

My team started badly with too much ties (but a really good defense), but now we are on a winning streak. We are not getting relegated, as expected

Is this the /bundes/?

All leagues that don't have a general thread.
Hopefully the streak will continue, is middle to upper table finish still possible?

We will probably end in 5th or 4th of our series. It's an acceptable result. We won't be elegible for the playoffs to go up but that's ok, all the management wants is to breed Chinese Players to sell them later to bigger clubs

start watching our league

What tier is that?

Because of the apertura/clausura meme our league is already over. Antigua GFC won it's 3rd title in three years. My team, Municipal, is doing great "we" got to the final and have fully returned to national prominence after a rough patch in the 2000s

Pic is the league table

And here's the playoff bracket

I'm glad we're getting rid of this garbage playoff system.

our seasons last from spring to fall. we finished 4th in the 6th tier

local football is very comfy. we used to play on a nice pitch where if you missed a shot the ball landed in norway

W-what happened to Rapid Bucaresti!? I-I like them because of my nigga Ionut

But it's not a real playoff, it's like a second, elite league. What's so wrong about that?

Bankrupt, reborn in the 4th.

National league south
tier 6 of england
the bigger teams get around 1000 fans

Teams at the top of the playout have nothing to play for, so their matches are uninteresting.
Teams at the bottom of the playoff have nothing to play for, so their matches are thrown away.
Derbies happening too frequently trivialise the concept and lose value.
Empirical evidence showing that this shit doesn't get more people to show up at the stadium.

>tfw no Victoria

Here is our league table...

it doesn't start until February

More than 80% of 1st division teams here to be honest.

>leagues starting in winter

Based Nakajima will leave Portimão soon I fear. FUCK

>leagues playing through the winter

That looks so damn comfy wtf

As long as he comes to Porto that his fine. He is really a great player

AEK can still realistically win the league.

We've spent the most time at the top but that fucking draw at home against relegation fodder in matchday 15 was bullshit. Olympiakos will get their shit together now that they don't have to bother with European football and we still have to deal with a couple of torn ACLs in the midfield, we need at least a couple of solid transfers to stay relevant until the end of the season. At least it's still close, 4 teams all going for first.

IMAGINE a league being this boring
IMAGINE.

I think the only country that comes close to this is Switzerland (Basel) - yet it's nowhere near as bad.

Costa Rica started to do something similar to this last year. They moved from a regular playoff bracket to a mini league where the winner gets a grand final vs. the winner of the regular season league. I'm not sure if they like it or not

For me, is still stupid but at least better than the previous system, were winning regular stage didn't give anything in playoffs. By the way, our national champions (Perez Zeledon) wom the title for first time. They are a "small" team and it was a big surprise

This happens in most leagues that can only get one team in the CL. The CL money helps them win the league which in turn helps them win more CL money. It takes something big to break the vicious cycle.

What about our league PIRATAnon?

But if the winner of the regular season gets the final game anyway, what's the point of including them in the cuadrangular?

>32-31-31-30
Spicy. Has Lucescu done anything at PAOK yet?

>Juventus Bucuresti relegated
shame, was really pulling for them

They can win the cuadrangular too and avoid a final. Saprissa did it the first time we played with that format

Judging by the form table the league looks like a mess

They've also been C&D'd by Jj so they'll have to change their name and logo at the end of the season.

>Senica
nooo ;_; I don't know anything about them, but they have a cute stadium

Since >we (Netanya) got relegated two years ago, >we've really bounced back well after winning the second division, and Europa League looks likely, which is amazing.
But other than that, Be'er Sheva is memeing their way to another championship, and Leaf FC (Tel Aviv) and Jewish Supremacy FC (Beitar) are up there too.

What happened to Artmedia?

i'm dumb

why the fuck isn't it attaching

What happened with Internacional Bratislava and Kosice?

>play for local team
>be the star player in our tier
>got slaggy groupies that attend our every home game and throw themselves at me at f/t
feels good being a big fish in a small pond

I had to look up the club since I'm not familiar with it, but the badge looks quite cool I have to say.

booooooooooo

Netanya sounds like Antigua in our league. They ascended to the top division in '14, won their first title in '15 and have won a title every year since then. That's not as impressive as it sounds given the short-form format of our league, but it's still ridiculous, especially given that the top two teams have 30 titles each and #3 only has 7

For me, it's Bath City

Maybe, but >we've never been top half quality. Always too good for second division, not good enough to hold onto a spot in first division.

Financial issues. The teams are slowly getting back on their feet in lower leagues now.

>tfw Inter was my gandpa's club and Artmedia >mine

>Don't lose in 22 games
>Shit the bed and lose 5 out of 7
>The shantytown of Herediano

60 million people vs 2 million

evrything went back to normal
>we are drafting a team to play some european football and not get embarrased
title already secure

Meme club. They're a muh refugees club and Ken Loach supports them

Kek, we also laugh at them, they always do this kind of stupid shit in finals

Chesterfield is in the dropzone and I dont understand why

Good thread

Our Ekstraklasa looks pretty predictable from the top, with Legia and Lech on first 2 places but 3rd is Górnik Zabrze which is this seasons wonder.
Just got promoted, a lot of young players and leagues top scorer so far Igor Angulo (19 goals) who played before at 3rd tier in Spain and Kurzawa with 10 assist and one goal directly from corner kick. Also defensive midfielder Żurkowski who run like a madman, with record 16km, or Kądzior who got called to NT.
Post best/most promising players from your league and other notable things.

Our season finished 2 months ago, I'm just gonna post the goal of the season by this English lad.

>this webm again

beautiful pitch, gotdayum

Tell me about Acharnaikos

Tell me about Veria.

One of my friends interviewed him the other day for uni work

Best pitch ever. God damn it.

There was a u-12 tournament here a few years back and Spartak Trnava played in it. Whole load of alcholic Slovakian parents who verbally abused referees and one had a heart attack.

Such was life when the clubs represented the workers and everyone was a miner in that particular area.

>Hempstead Town

>DUDE

It's not about names of teams
It's 3 points between 2nd and last team Ciprian

Cork City will win the Champions Cup.

It will happen.

How so you know so much about Tico soccer, Poland-user?

Also how exactly does that shit work? Is winning the regular season table still the ultimate goal?

>letting Valenčič become top scorer
top kek league

>Switzerland (Basel) - yet it's nowhere near as bad.
The streak could end this year. It won't, but it could. At least Basel could be gutted over the next year, with clubs looking at Lang, Elyounoussi, Akanji and possibly Balanta.

Though the money they'd get for them would allow them to practically buy the whole league, and I'm pretty sure I know exactly who they'd be looking at to replace Akanji.

he was shit last year, he was on the bench for a team that almost got relegated but this season he went mad and became the MVP

That's what Antigua was like until 2014. My grandpa was a representative for Antigua in the Footy Federation assembly for years and he never even saw the team in the top division. They just started winning leagues out of no-where. Never say never user, your day may just come yet

anyone interested in him? How much is he worth? 1M?

Damn, that pitch looks comfy af

I'm a Costa Rican on exchange, burger bro. And as the guatemalan user posted, the format is first a regular table and then a playoff with the top 4 of the table, playing each other twice. Top of the regular table and winner of the playoff play a final. If the same team wins table and playoff, there is no final and they are declared champions

He just moved to HJK in the middle of the season, so he's not moving again yet. If he continues his form next season and does alright in the Champions League, someone will probably pick him up for somewhere around 1M.

sweden is such a comfy country

Pls be in Toruń

If you're a mudslime

Nah, Wroclaw

have you ever been to sweden?

the league is in the winter break now, but we had a pretty fun autumn season, with the key points being:
>Sturm have once again pulled a brilliant autumn season out of their ass, but they'll probably suck dick in spring like they always do
>Salzburg only lost once since the start of the season (including Europe and the cup), scored a fuckload of goals but somehow ended up in second place
>Rapid had a spell where they looked like a title contender and then collapsed
>Austria "wanted to be there, when Salzburg struggles", but then lost an entire starting XI to injury and now have to focus on getting into Europe
>St. Pölten is basically a glorified 3rd division team with a spastic goalkeeper

My team is in the top flight, as I lived 3km from it, before I moved to a bigger city to study. I don't know if that qualifies as a smaller league.

Number 9. SonderjyskE

thanks, guatemalabro

which team was the top team before Red Bull came in?

the second division is also pretty crazy right now
>that 4-way struggle for the two direct promotion and the one relegation playoff spot (Liefering can't get promoted)
>Wiener Neustadt and Hartberg even being close to the top of the table
>Ried having a really hard time after they got relegated last season
>Wacker Innsbruck choking away every single chance to go top, despite playing the best football in the entire division
>Lustenau's title challenge collapsing after the first games like every season
>Wattens and the FAC are genuinely shit teams, but get bailed out by BW Linz being even worse

If you're wondering why there are so many promotion spots, the first division is being enlarged to 12 teams, with 2 playoffs. This means that the worst team in the first division plays a 2 leg playoff against the third-best team of the second tier. I wouldn't be surprised, if Hartberg/Wiener Neustadt actually meme themselves into the top flight that way.

tfw no FC Grödig with the manager Adolf Hütter :(

Historically speaking, Austria and Rapid Wien used to be the two biggest clubs. That started to change in the 90ies, when FC Tirol was heavily financed by Swarovski. Then Austria Salzburg became really good for a few years, Sturm started wrecking shit and after the turn of the century the GAK became good for a few seasons. Then half the clubs in the league went bankrupt and the Vienna clubs became good again, until Red Bull came in.

His head was turned by the Young Boys

Salzburg will probably still win the league, but do you think that in a small chance Sturm Graz wins it that they will do better in the CL qualifiers? I'm dying the see an Austrian team in CL. Hopefully either based Cashpoint or LASK Linz will get in the EL qualifiers and with some luck make it to the group stages.
I remember you from I think EL thread at least a year ago it seems now, Denmark league has a reasonably nice coverage here so I try and watch it when I can. How come Kobenhavn started the season so poorly?

Who here /Miscellaneous/

Sorry, Extension Gunners lifelong here.

Top of the league, mates

We'll just have to see, there have been crazier events than Sturm winning the league. regarding European qualification, I think the big 4 and Admira will make it. and with a bit of luck, the league could have a guaranteed CL group stage spot in a 2 years