Ski Jumping - Four Hills Tournament

The competition starts at 16.30 CET. Trial round was windy af, with a lot of surprises. For example, Kraft and Tande were only 25th and 26th, Stoch was 10th (with tail wind of 2m/s) et cetera. The weather is warm and rainy today in Oberstdorf.

Thoughts before the competition? I don't think anyone can stop Freitag today.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CTM1ajdOAq0
youtube.com/watch?v=hg2ZL2t5GCc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youtube.com/watch?v=CTM1ajdOAq0

is noriaki jumping?

Yeah, he is. Hasn't been doing so well lately, and I wouldn't expect him to qualify for the second round, but he's still awesome to have around.

yeah the kobayashi brothers are much better now but i always like when older guys stick around to prove they still got it.

>I don't think anyone can stop Freitag today.
Who is the wind?

AUF GEHTS FREITAG SCHIESS EIN TOR

Kek.
>Implying that reffs wont let him in the best conditions

Kobayashi brothers will win today.

Didn't stop him yesterday or today in the trial. I want to believe, though...

Yeah, me too. It'd be amazing if Okabe or Funaki could still sometimes get in the top30 in Sapporo competitions or something, love those old Japanese guys.

Anyway, with still time until the competition, let's have a discussion. Which ski jumper do you feel could have been GOAT without injuries? The biggest potential wasted?

I'd say Mika Laitinen, with the best jumping power measured by any ski jumper ever. Crashed in 1996 and couldn't get into form since. I would also potentially add Mateusz Rutkowski, though his didn't have anything to do with crashes.

You now remember Sigurd Pettersen who still has the Hill Record in Oberstdorf
youtube.com/watch?v=hg2ZL2t5GCc

HERE WE GO YES FINALLY

HIGHLIGHT OF THE YEAR

Nice one Jelar

how was your christmas ski jumping bros?

Good old Petterssen. Shame about BMI rules.

I also miss Kojonkoski, now he's a man's man.

Please tell me they are not gonna use this fucking shitty floating camera all the way through.

FINALLY FOUR HILLS TOURNAMENT
There's nothing more comfy than watching this at the end of the year

It was fine thank you, how was yours user?
Also why is Sweden so bad at this sport? Norway and Finland are both good.

probably the comfiest christmas I had in years. no family drama, comfy boardgames and great food.

ösis on suicide watch kek

Not terrible by stoch but he's not gonna win this.

To be fair, if the rules didn't change Pettersen could easily have damaged his body. When he won the 4 Hills he was 180cm and 56-58kg.

Mixed about that Stoch jump. I mean, it's not bad, but that's a top10 jump, not a jump that will win competitions against Freitag. Still, nothing is lost yet, nice job.

It was very nice, thank you. I got myself a car finally and could drive to see some relatives with my girlfriend. It was also very comfy to watch the Polish championships.

was it a german car?

>MUH ALTERNATE CAMERA ANGLES
fuck off

Yeah, a nice used Volkswagen Golf.

Yeah, it's true. Didn't Evensen also have huge problems with his weight back in the day, leading him to quit the sport?

good choice mein freund

RIP Tande u were 2 young

Aaaand there goes Tande's chances in the tournament. Strange how he just hasn't grasped the hill this year here in Ober.

Kasai was just way late, such a shame.

The wind will decide this.

Yeah, but for Evensen it was more psychological. He always had by far the highest BMI in the Norwegian team and just couldn't lose weigth.
Great guy though, probably the best expert commentator in any winter sport on Norwegian TV (Thank god they fired Anders Jacobsen lol).

Oh, I see. Thanks for the information. I should probably listen to your broadcasts instead of ours, as the best commentator ever (Hannu Lepistö) has stopped working for Eurosport.

Nice job Learoyd, also very good wind but who cares! Excellent to see young frenchies jumping as well.

cue zyla cackle

Piotrek is again firing in TCS, gotta love the madman

you now remember "doppelter Doppelolympiasieger" Simon Ammann

Hahaha that banner.

I really like Freitag's mustache, reminds me of good old days with Adam

Apparently he's been doing it for Movember.

But to be honest you are not a proper ski jumper if you've never had a good moustache.

taking about moustaches, here's johansson

nobody comes close these days to Johanson

Johanson's feels a bit fake to me, dunno why. I guess it's just too stylized.

True that

FUCK

FUCKFUCKFUCK

Wellinger had just awful conditions, way too much tail wind.

>shit wind
>shit camera
>rain
nice start to the 4HT

Don't get what they were thinking with the camera. Don't they understand a consistent camera angle is the single most critical aspect to watching this sport?

Awesome Hula, very good jump in these conditions. That's the kind of guy who won the Polish championships.

pls good wind for my boy eisenbichler

Yes.

BASED EISENBICHLER

Good jump Eisenbichler, almost broke it there in the beginning but stayed stable. Stoch's jump is looking better as we go along.

Dubs and Stoch defends the tittle

holy shit this camera is horrible
absolutely disgusting

R.Kobayashi showing how it's done with strong tailwind, amazing jump by the youngster,

RIPIPIPIPIP

>losing to Schmid
the absolute state of Prevc and Janus

and Prevc looked like he was improving too

Lol Janus'd

Kubacki takes the lead, the madman! It's not even quali now!

Fuck me Dawid. Fly like an eagle, fall like a rock.

HAHAHAH HOLY SHIT
YOU CANT MAKE THIS SHIT UP

LMAO all our finalist are from out B team. You can't make this up. JANUS EXSPOSED

I love Wank. There was a brief period where he looked really promising.

lads why are non american sports so superior

what happened to The Domenator?

mom he's doing it again

Amazing by Kraft, really good wind too but who cares. Fighting for that overall title with Freitag.

he discovered girls + Janus is his coach.

Is Richie Freitag the Nico Rosberg of Ski jumping?

Shame about Junshiro breaking his jump a bit, but 10 points at this stage can still be overcome.

Nothing special by Freitag

Rather late and imbalanced, still second after first round. Awesome.

Man Freitag is just so fucking good. Terrible timing and still 2nd place. He's got this in the bag.

Koudelka finally in 2nd round

You mean he's gonna become a YouTuber?

Man,i don't like Freitag or Kraft,this is not looking good for me.

I hope Stoch,Junshiro or Eisenbichler can attack them.

Kubacki will win I hope, he finnaly jumped good not only in training

I'm winning a hundred euros if it's Kraft/Freitag/Eisenbichler or Freitag/Kraft/Eisenbichler or Junshiro, so keeping my fingers crossed.

Hoping for Dawid or Kamil to be on podium, though, so it's a bit meh for me as well.

Why are you even such a poleaboo.

Also why is Finland so shit?

he prolly is a poleboi

also camera is shit and refs will push freitag/kraft to 1st

When I was four in 1996, my parents took me to watch the Holmenkollen ski games. Adam won there back then, his first victory, and he became my favourite jumper. Been a fan ever since (also saw him win in Lahti 2001, boosting my image of him), and ever since Poland has been very important to me. I've visited Poland a couple times, went to see the summer games in Wisla, learned a bit of Polish, have a couple of Polish friends I met in Lahti and Kuopio et cetera. I could never imagine cheering for any other ski jumping countries as much as Poland.

No Finns at youth level is the biggest problem, no money etc. I hope Poland won't become the next Finland in ski jumping like some are saying on sport.pl.

That's got to help Forfang into top10. Why can't he ever have two equal jumps these days? I don't remember him being like that in 2015 when he first came to the World Cup, but ever since the injury, he's been hit and miss with fantastic highs and terrible lows. A real shame, he's got one of the nicest techniques I know, really unique.

why do Chechs use those gay pink colours

when Koudelka finally gets to the 2nd round he fucks it up

Well Learoyd, at least you got to jump twice, that's better than any Prevc can say lol

hmm

that's okay by Andi I guess
Still disappointing

Something's off with him, the technique seems a bit different, can't really place what's the matter

Oh man, shame about Junshiro, thought he could really fight for the podium today. Just needs a bit more routine and it's all well.

Freitag
Kraft
Eisenbichi

Your four hills podium 2017/2018.

kek Kraft making fun of that timing graphic

*cackles quietly*

probably not enough papryka

Zyla had to ruin it

That's better, nice job. Hula's technique is really nice and simple right now, no frills, just a good, functioning jump.

S T E F A N
T
E
F
A
N
get hype for the olympics

FUCK

NO

:(

I HATE IT

oh fuck

HOLY SHIT

based stoch

KAMIL KAMIL KAMIL

Just amazing!!

>Everyone else +15 ~ +20
>Stoch +1

Cant tell if Stoch made great jump or lottery.

K
A
M
I
L