/balt/

Bump.

morning lads

Morning.

Maidin.

bump

Rin looks somehow sad
maybe someone should give her a helping hand

I wonder how many members of /éire/ will die over the next 24 hours in this armageddon storm sent by God?

>pic
So many questions.

>wonder how many members of /éire/ will die over the next 24 hours
None, much your dismay. Not like most people here even leave their caves.

Our messiah is trying to warn you about the coming danger

youtube.com/watch?v=psXyYHNTnVA

twitter.com/nwci/status/838329395773378561
>We recognise that not everyone who needs an abortion is a woman, and where we use the term woman, we mean everyone with a uterus
What did they mean by this?

We are so afraid of the oncoming storm, we are going to put the three wheelie bins in the garage tonight

Sure you live in the UK. Ireland is bearing the brunt of the storm to shield you lads.

I'm in the north, don't be so partitionist

I hate all these "genetics isn't real lol I can be a woman if I want to" types. A man is a man, putting on a dress and getting your dick cut off doesn't change that. It's abhorrent that ugly men built like refrigerators are being encouraged to subscribe to this sort of magical thinking and defended when they refer to themselves as women. It's honestly disgusting, and knowing that this is seen as "normal" in modern society makes me despair.

It's an unfortunate age we live in alright.

Death to impersonators.

You don't have a patent on that name though

>Poi
>is Shiggy

>Death to impersonators.
>Cork
Did you mean that literally?

those people are cultists, pure and simple. Their definitions of words are from brainwashed mantra instead of more reputable sources like a FUCKING DICTIONARY

>those comments
There is hope.

>check out /asp/ because I'm getting interested in martial arts
>99% of threads are WWE shit
Why can't they just post on Sup Forums? Why can't there be a /wwe/ board?

What martial arts are you interested in?

Sword arts. Both Eastern and Western.

Are you just interested in it or are you planning on joining a club or something?

At the moment it's just interest, but I'm planning on joining a Japanese-style dojo soon and maybe trying out some HEMA after that.

ARe there many such things in Ireland?

There are a few.

>Look out the window
>Hot-air balloon flying by

I just hope the retarded normies who have some good instincts left see this type of thing and realise this is "the future the left wants", instead of thinking they want to repeal the law categorically protecting unborn children because of marginal cases where doctors tarry when judging whether the removal of an unviable foetus from the mother's womb is the only way to prevent both of them from dying.
They imagine a "brighter world" resulting from abortion, where heroic Indian women are saved from having a necrotic mass eat them alive from the inside out because an evil, male, Catholic doctor forced her to die as a sacrifice to muh whore of Babylon. The reality of abortion is the inverse of this, where the marginal case is the one that saves a life, and the everyday reality is the Molochian sacrifice of children in squalid mockeries of medical practice.

Can't pronounce HEMA without HEEM

We're doing well today ?

How'd you do fellow weebs
Have you already played the game of the year?

Is it storming already?

>Is it storming already
Not really.

>Have you already played the game of the year
Yes, your pic unrelated.

I remember finding this account when searching Poi on Steam when we were first adding eachother. Funny you bring it up since it crossed my mind again yesterday.

IIRC moot said /asp/ was mainly created for wrestling.

What a nice life it is in mainland Europe.

Of course.

Had a dream Lux had a van parked outside a restaurant we were eating in but we weren't allowed to shoot it. Then someone figured out a loophole where we could shoot through the windows of the van next to it and pass the bullet through. The first bullet hit a flare in the van that sent paper flying and blew the roof off. Then there was a constant air current blowing from it and Lux himself got the most into shooting it. The dream ended when he was trying to knock around a broken ping pong ball.

Sounds like an average day in Luxembourg alright.

Sounds like fun
Was it a nice van?
also
>having dream versions of me
It was 22 degrees today and not a cloud to be seen,quite uncommon for the season desu

Tomorrow morning it's supposed to really begin I heard.

Sounds like a good time to fake one's death. On an unrelated note my heart attacks are becoming awfully frequent lately and my medication's running low. I'm sure nothing bad will happen provided the pharmacies are open and accessible at all times.

>Was it a nice van?
It was nice. I think it was painted in the Luxemese flag.

>>having dream versions of me
You looked young and had light brown hair, that's all I remember. You also had a serious face on when trying to hit that ping pong ball.

>Tomorrow morning it's supposed to really begin I heard.
The Corkian furry is going to stream the whole thing so I might catch a glimpse of it

>my heart attacks
Your what now?

>It was 22 degrees today and not a cloud to be seen,quite uncommon for the season desu
It's unseasonably warm here at the moment, which is probably why the hurrican is maintaining strength this far North and East.

>On an unrelated note my heart attacks are becoming awfully frequent lately
Your heart attacks?

Well, seems like NUI Galway is closed tomorrow, are shops going to be open as normal or should I stack up on supplies (read crisps and frozen pizzas) tonight? Also, how likely are we to see see longer power cuts?
t. swede in Galway

>It's unseasonably warm here at the moment,
I just hope that we can get some decent snow this year.

His heart stops beating for 15 minutes while he's asleep

You're still keeping up with him? Just don't lead him on into thinking you're going to pay to rebuild his house.

I thought that joke was more obvious. I should've gone for something less abstract.

If there are power cuts (which really depends on how bad these winds turn out to be), the shops are unlikely to open - same if there is bad flooding or structural damage. Galway is going to get some of the worst of the storm, so it might be worth stocking up on provisions for a couple of days just in case.

It's not unusual for schools to close for strong weather, but I'm starting to get worried this might be more than just a normal storm. Hopefully that's just media fearmongering speaking to me.

Any of you live in areas that they feel like are at significant risk of flooding etc?

This storm was sent by God to deal with my massively sinful ways. Sorry lads, this is my fault.

Could you not have just gone to Confession and saved us the hassle?

I amn't likely to flood, but this is the end of times so all bets are off.

>Cork survives
>but only the Northside
Not really worth it.

Well shit, guess I'm heading out then, survival sandwiches here we go. I'm honestly a bit nervous, this is without a doubt the worst weather I've ever been in the way of. How "external" is this for you guys?

Well I live like 50m front the damn sea, so slightly worried yeah

Lads, is it worth skipping work over or will the wind thing be safe?

>connaught drowned.
Delighted.

>stalking him on steam

It's Connacht you brit.

>How "external" is this for you guys?
What? Might wanna rethink that sentence.

I could have but I really really didn't want to.

>Munster is the most intact province
The cream rises to the top.

Surprised how badly Connacht is hit though considering how hilly I always picture it to be in my head.

>tfw outed as phone poster
Meant to say extreme

Is confession worth it if explaining what the sins are takes longer than traveling there?

Well, if it's as bad as Met Éireann claim it will be, it will be the worst storm to hit Ireland since 1961. So yeah, it has the potential to be pretty extreme. It's just weird how calm it is right now though - calm before the storm I guess.

>I live like 50m front the damn sea
I know people that live closer to the sea and they've been fine for every previous storm. It shouldn't be too bad. Besides you don't permanently live here so it won't be as bad for you if your place gets flooded.

>the worst storm to hit Ireland since 1961
How bad was that one?

Well, the priest is sitting down - only you are kneeling. If you get in there early, he's not going to be in any rush.

>The cream rises to the top
>Limerick city drowns
Contradictory desu
also in case of this happening, I believe Munster will be renamed "the 2nd Kingdom of Kerry"
Shall be sending you lot sandbags with your waifus on them so that they can double as dakimakuras

>How bad was that one?
Hurricane Debbie did serious damage, but of course the infrastructure was nowhere near as good back then. Some parts of the country were without electricity for almost a week.

>Shall be sending you lot sandbags with your waifus on them so that they can double as dakimakuras
>boobs are bags of sand
Pottery.

>The Br*tish Isles

If I remember my geography correctly that part of the country was covered by glaciers that were so heavy they pushed the ground below sea level.
I'm surprised Clare is so broken up though, I thought it was a consistent level.

On the bright side it looks like some of us will be getting our own islands, which is just lovely.

>If I remember my geography correctly that part of the country was covered by glaciers that were so heavy they pushed the ground below sea level.
I thought that was Munster during the last Ice Age? Which is why I'm so confused about Munster being so intact.

t. Did Leaving Cert Geography

>I'm surprised Clare is so broken up though, I thought it was a consistent level.
Level, but high average altitude above sea level.

What will /éire/ be doing in case the electricity cuts?

>I thought that was Munster during the last Ice Age?
Well I mean pretty much the whole island was under ice at some stage, but it seems Munster got off fairly lightly, probably for being slightly warmer in the south. From what I remember, the last major chunk of ice left stretched from east Galway to up past Fermanagh in the north east. It moved south west across the land before hitting the Atlantic. That's why there are so many massive fucking rocks thrown about in places around Connacht.

>Level, but high average altitude above sea level.
That makes it even more confusing.

Praying for it to come back.

Don't rightly know. Most my activities resolve around a computer.

>but it seems Munster got off fairly lightly
That was my point, although I might have explained it badly. Munster did not have much ice cover during the last ice age. All the ice on the more northerly parts of the country caused the landmass to depress (same thing happened in Britain), which in turn caused Munster to rise. Ever since though, Munster has been sinking as the island re-balances itself. So if Munster has been sinking ever since the last ice age, I'm confused as to why it gets off so lightly when it comes to rising sea levels.

See: herald.ie/news/forget-the-recession-ireland-is-sinking-27927947.html

>That makes it even more confusing.
How so?

Is it time to panic yet?

Thinking about going on holidays in the Central African Republic
Not if you don't live in a plywood house

It's totally calm here in Kildare.

>Kildare
Dubs in my /éire/ REEEEEE.

I'm not a c*mmuter or a West Brit.

>if Munster has been sinking ever since the last ice age, I'm confused as to why it gets off so lightly when it comes to rising sea levels
I'd assume that while it's currently sinking, Munster is still higher than it was before the ice age. I mean if the island is still rebalancing itself as you say then that means it must not be back to how it was before yet, so Munster, while lower than it might've been 9000 years ago, is still higher than it's supposed to be. An issue would only come up if Ireland rebalanced itself to pre-Ice Age levels but Munster was still continuing to sink.

>How so?
If it's high above sea level then shouldn't it be less prone to being swallowed by the sea like in the picture?

Tomorrow is going to be one of those once in a lifetime type days we'll remember for the rest of our lives. I've prepared as well as I can but I'm pretty nervous.

You should get anything you need for the next 24 hours, it sounds like leaving the house tomorrow would be a bad idea if you can avoid it.
Power cuts are very likely so charge your phone.

Maybe you grew up on a coastal area or something but I never recall a single time when I got a day off school because of the weather. Extreme weather doesn't happen here, this is incredibly unusual. The idea that every school will be closed tomorrow in every corner of the country because of the weather has probably never happened before ever.
This is far form a normal storm, even the Americans are reporting on this fearing for us. This will be like nothing you've ever seen before.

"Calm before the storm" is a saying for a reason. It's eerily calm here, not even a breeze. Very spooky.

fuck off

He's right though

I've charged my Vita, 3DS and iPad so should have enough to do. Will make sandwiches if I can't cook, and I have a flask prepared for hot water for tea which I'll refill in the morning. A few torches ready as well. Should be ok for a day or two if it happens.

>iPad
Come on, Jaggy.

>Murican IQs

>Very spooky.
>Irish boy afraid of some wind
Seems reasonable, do you have some crowbars ready in case society collapses and you can go loot the nearest Supermac's and rape/pillage the neighbouring towns?

Alternatively, some board games will do too

Still inside the Pale.

I'm not from Kildare originally.

Storm's hitting Kerry first apparently. Looks like Poi will be the first casualty.

>Tomorrow is going to be one of those once in a lifetime type days we'll remember for the rest of our lives
I'm probably going to sleep through most of it.

>Maybe you grew up on a coastal area or something but I never recall a single time when I got a day off school because of the weather
I did get a good few days off alright. Though sometimes it was just because the buses were cancelled.
I'm not too worried since the storm a few years ago tore up concrete footpaths along the coast looked bad but there wasn't any major building damage before. Hopefully this storm's bark is worse than its bite. Maybe I just want to believe everything will be alright like past storms.

>even the Americans are reporting on this fearing for us
To be fair they love sensational weather news.

I should charge more of my handhelds, I don't think my 3DS would last too long by itself.

no

>forgot to buy candles
Fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=T2FAGaP3kY4
IT IS TIME
FOR STORMY WEATHER

It's actually spooky how calm it is outside at the moment. Not a puff of air.

>Poi will be the first casualty.
Poi was a man of many words, full of life and love. His death came as a surprise to all of us, including me. I’ll never forget that day. We were on CIV Chat hours before the rape. I called him to ask his opinion on an anniversary present for Prinz, my husband and Poi’s son. I always loved to ask his opinion on certain things because he would put thought into the answer he gave me, and he often thought of things that I did not. After we discussed the anniversary present, we spent another hour on CIV Chat talking about various things, like how the kids were doing and how Own-Goal, his wife, was. I could always talk to Poinis for hours.

I never realized that day that I would never get to have another CIV Chat conversation with Poi, or that it was the last time I would tell him goodbye, but it was. Poinis knew that life was short, and that’s why he took the time to celebrate life, spending every minute that he could with 2D characters that he loved. He was a wonderful man with a gentle spirit, and he will be missed.

Good song.