What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Blackface was completely fine, but using the word 'retard' crosses the line apparently.

If this film came out today. There would be outrage.

It was obvious oscar bait and nobody was buying it. Besides, everyone was waiting on Scorcher VI: Global Meltdown. Not this train wreck.

There was outrage when it came out, idiot.

What's worse though? The outrage, or the fact that today something like this wouldn't even be greenlit from the get go.

> the fact that today something like this wouldn't even be greenlit from the get go.
Do you have anything to back that claim up?

he went full retard

kek
This post looks so real

False, hollywood only cares about money and nepotism, if ben still wanted to make a sequel that was even more offensive it would be greenlit no questions asked. Hell it would probably be even more successful than the original and the original made more than double the budget on box office sales alone.

They didn't cast a POC to play him.

Y-Y-Y-YOU

Name 1(one) comedy from the last 5 years that was as funny as this movie that doesn't tiptoe around offensive themes or push some shitty agenda.

Seven Psychopaths

It was shameless Oscarbait with horrible casting by Ben Stiller, he was obviously over-acting his role.

It did well in the asian market

>Ben Stiller
Who? This was Tugg Speedman

Took too long for this to be posted.

the lobster

never go full whitey

>Seven Psychopaths
Regrettably I actually haven't seen that, however, how offensive does it really get. Are retards mocked, does a character pretend to be a "disenfranchised" race, is a gay man mocked and propositioned with sex?

Judging from the trailer alone, I'd say this movie falls well within "tumblr's seal of political correctness."

I was tempted to do it myself, but I thought it'd be too obvious.

Simple Jack fucking bombed at the box office. I doubt they'll make a sequel.

Things were different back then

Neither of these are offensive.

why do so many comedies have a great first half and then a boring second half where they have to advance the plot?

Will Sup Forums ever shut up about this film?

movie 43 :^)

What We Do In The Shadows

Shit
not offensive enough, not even close c'mon.

It mostly just has slurs and such. Calling people fag, mongoloid, cunt, nigger, etc. Plus lots of joking about killing women.

Still, even if it's not the most offensive thing ever it's absolutely hilarious.

Does he fug the horse?

Who's still drinking booty sweat here?