What country do people misunderstand you when you travel other region countries except your region(Asia as Japan)?

What country do people misunderstand you when you travel other region countries except your region(Asia as Japan)?
>>for example,I misunderstood as Chinese.
And some people said me ''I think Japan is like China.They are same.'' I was sad then

>I misunderstood as Chinese.

>misunderstood as Japanese/Korean in Burgerland

people usually associate japan with anime-game pop culture, at least with the release of blade runner 2049 the idea of cyber punk japan is making a comeback, although I suppose taiwan and hong kong are more cyber punk than japan these days

both of you are terrible at preserving your culture btw

Japanese and Chinese are very different.

Japanese make very high quality electronics.

Chinese make cheap garbage.

I thought Hong Kong was always known as THE cyberpunk city.

I don't get emotional when they make a mistake

>although I suppose taiwan and hong kong are more cyber punk than japan these days
I think so,too.The place like cyberpunk is only Shinjuku(新宿) when I traveled to Tokyo.

日本に行ったときはよくドイツ人と間違えられた。
確かにアメリカ人と間違えられるかなと思ってたのに、やっぱり態度や身なりは欧州人みたいだな。

日本人は白人=アメリカ人かヨーロッパのどっかっていう認識の人が多い気がするけどドイツ人ってピンポイントで間違えられるのは珍しいな
まあドイツ人も世界中に旅行に行ってるもんな
日本はドイツ人少ないけど

Where was it that they thought Japan was the same as China?

アクセントが違うかも。

「私の国籍は何だと思う?」と聞いてたときにいつもアメリカ人ではなく欧州人と答えられたけど、すでに少し知り合った人だけ聞いてみたんだ。
見知らぬ人に聞いてみたら「アメリカ人」と答えられたかも。

>this sensitive like delicate flower

You've seemingly gone down the japanese tourist stereotype checklist.

I know stupid people who think Korea is a part of Japan.

>some people said me ''I think Hong Kong is like China.They are same.'' I was sad then

但是香港顯然屬於中國

Mistaken as chinese, korean or japanese when in US and UK.

Baffles the mind.

你會正體字

It must be fascinating to know asian language that is no guarantee of a job whatsoever.

Taiwan developed by itself.
Hong Kong became rich only because it served as a passageway for Chinese wares to the wider world.
Basically, if the English hadn't developed Hong Kong, or had Hong Kong not been next to China, it would still be a few fisher's huts scrambled together.
Taiwan on the other hand developed on its own.

cant agree on the taiwan developed by itself part
also no one is saying we developed without outside influence? USA developed with help of the british, didnt stop them from separating from the british

If you closed the border between HK and China so that neither people nor wares would be transported across it, do you really think HK could sustain itself?

im going to answer yes because we also have our ports connected to the outside world
but then again being two separate countries doesnt mean no interactions/trade/communications between them
doesnt even mean it have to be a hostile relationship, can be a friendly one

I didn't think so tbqh.
Then again, Singapore functions as well so why not.
>doesnt even mean it have to be a hostile relationship, can be a friendly one
Relinquishing Hong Kong would mean for the GCD to show weakness, which they're not going to do unfortunately.

Mexicans would occasionally think I'm Mexican and they'd speak Spanish to me, or more often the Chinese would start talking to me in Chinese.

Never happened with Koreans, oddly enough.

Fellow nipnongs would quite often ask if I'm mixed, though.