Are they really that bad?

are they really that bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/86014703
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

2: no. It's just not utter perfection like the first one was.

3: yes. very yes

wasnt the script for 2 done by frank miller? but they changed a lot of stuff because it was too violent? iirc the actual movie is pretty fucking violent, so what was in the miller script?

3 is a steaming pile of dog shit but 2 isn't a complete waste of time.

2 is underrated as fuck. 3 really is that bad.

This 2 is great because they ramp up the dark humor. Also watching robot get torn to pieces and lose his fucking mind is really unsettling. 3 is shit.

Miller wrote the script, but it got fubar'd during production. Miller eventually let Avatar Comics publish a Robocop adaptation of his original script, though he did not write or draw it.

just look at the posters. 2 has a concept, it has an idea that you see displayed then in the movie. what has 3? LOOK WHOS BACK GOYS I MEAN LOOK AT HIM

Frank Miller also wrote the "ninja rap" lyrics from TMNT 2

Two is incredible. It ramps up the social commentary, dark humor and gore. Also more Lewis is just fine with me.

Robo 2 is just shit
Robo 3 is so bad it's fucking shit

2 wasn't great but Weller was awesome and the villain was pretty interesting.

3 was garbage that should never be mentioned again.

2 is ok

Is it backwards day where you are?

2 was the worst. 3 isn't too bad. definitely watchable and even entertaining to some degree...2 was too long and ridiculous...

nice bait

3 was PG 13 by the way and had Robocop flying around like a fagget

Also those stupid Japanese robots.

That comic is such a disappointment. It's just some spanish artist trying to do his best geof darrow impression and add DETAIL DETAIL DETAIL to mediocre plots and layouts

and then came the dumb tv series.

remember pinoccio morgan? yikes.

2 isn't as tight as 1 but really it's more of the same. A lot of the same cast returns and they keep the same aesthetic

>Enjoyed 3 shits on 2
You must be a faggot, you ellipsis using fairy.
>Muh forced Asian garbage

looks like fucking garbage. also good job missing the point.

Anybody ever watch the tv mini series?

The second has some bad stuff like reprogrammed Robocop but also some really cool concepts like child criminals.

The third one is an irredeemable steaming pile of shit.

the tv mini series is surprisingly good

I love that the previous film was about making robots that were better than Robocop and then this film just pulls Jap robots out of nowhere that easily outmatch Robocop.

The one where they're all hooked on the new drug was horrible. 3 I think, or could've been 2.

Both were woeful.

You're reading Miranda to a corpse!

Gonna be honest, in 2, the stopmotion scene of the evil robot crawling it's way up the elevator shaft still freaks me out to this day.

Fuck you, Robocop cracking down on smokers is pure kino.

>reprogrammed Robocop

But that's one of their good bits. It literally shits on executive meddling with their product in order to appeal to a broader public (which ironically, is exactly what hurt Robocop 2 the most, and is one of the worst plagues affecting hollywood nowadays), and this constant criticism of capitalism and marketing was one of the defining traits of the first robocop film.

i was in kindergarten and i used to watch robocop every two days until i was 12 and i loved it (i was born in 1997). My dad was always on business trips and my mom worked so i was alone most of the time until my brother would come home. Robocop, terminator 2 and basically 80% of arnorld's movies made my days amazing and even inspired me to write and draw my comics (they were shit but was really fun to do). I actually started making these two weeks long continuous stories with my action figures.

Robocop was my hero, until that one faithful morning. I got a cold and my mom took me to the doctor's and on the way back i saw that my video store had brought robocop 2 (i didnt even know it existed) and i got so excited that i immediately spent all my allowances on it. Brought it home, put it in the vcr and got immediately traumatized by the kid tearing murphy apart. It was honestly the most fearful i ever felt and i actually started crying and raging so i turned it off and watched Aladdin. I watched the third one a month later and was so fuckin bored and i hated it.

But now i watched the trilogy all over again and robocop 2 is pretty good but isnt robocop good and the third is complete utter shit.

>criticism

There is a difference between criticism and satire. And while I agree on the message, it really doesn't do the film good.

>Brought it home, put it in the vcr and got immediately traumatized by the kid tearing murphy apart. It was honestly the most fearful i ever felt and i actually started crying and raging so i turned it off and watched Aladdin

pussy

2 is pretty good. Not nearly as good as the first, but still good. 3 is so bad I won't even torrent it.

>are they really that bad?

2 was great

3 suck

TAKE IT BACK

Can you faggots actually explain why 2 is bad?

is too cartoonish.

The first movie was always a hair's breadth away from self parody. The sequel closed that gap and blew past it into a whole different dimension. It suffered for lack of the grim self awareness that made the original so unsettling.

>(i was born in 1997)
I'm not surprised you're a disgusting little queer.

It wasn't bad it just wasn't verhoeven

Dont stay mad, old guy, that cholesterol filled heart might explode any minute now.

>ROBOBLACKED

honestly though, I liked Robocable. he was a neat concept from a story pov.

>after years of failed attempts at making a new robocop or a better robocop
>hey here's a novel fucking idea, let's go back to Bob Morton's original project plans and just do that but better

I'm still baffled that the Old Man listened to a woman's garbage about using criminal brains to fight crime.

My dad showed me robocop when I was 5 and I grew up skinny. Luckily i'll be around around for many years to come so I can continue to call out overweight balding numales like you.

Second one has good, I never heard anyone say the 2nd one was bad before. The 3rd is indeed fucking horrible, a little girl is able to hack into a fucking Ed-209 when the creators were unable to shut one down before it killed Kenny.

Also look at this badass robot design, like fuck that is scary and awesome at the same time.

>I grew up skinny
maybe if your dad didnt keep showing you robocop and instead actually fed you, you might have grown up with a healthy average weight and would "be around for many years to come"

he was banging her
She used sex to get ahead in the male corporate world
And she was completely inept at her job

2's pretty damn good. The ending battle lacks emotion tho.

3's a piece of shit.

The only sequel worth watching is the fan made one
vimeo.com/86014703

The first has grounding, basically.

First off, having to invent a fake super drug is just dumb. In the first one, coke was extremely prevalent, Clarence selling it notably. There's more grounding in reality there. I don't remember what Nuke was supposed to be, but it should have been heroin. Plus the villains felt right in this way. Clarence's gang was all coked up throughout the film, and they acted like fucking cokeheads. They were over the top, sure, but compare that to the Nuke gang, what the fuck do nuke heads act like? We don't have a standard because it isn't a real drug.

Generally I thought when they made Robocop into that family friendly Robocuck the movie really nosedived into shit. It wasn't funny, it wasn't insightful. It was just dumb. Plus, like, a little league robbing a store should be an opportunity to shoot kids on camera, that seems fair. The movie just wasn't fun at that point.

Lots of parts just feel hacky. The beginning with the hookers beating up the guy just breaks the immersion for me. 1 didn't have that. Yeah it got ridiculous at times but never cringey. The villains in the first were genuinely motherfuckers of the first water. They weren't like the dumb cartoon character of a cartoon character of a caricature of a hyperbole that the people in 2 were.

Also this

>I'm having... trouble

Is this the one where he says "now I've got your fat black ass"?

This is a legitimate memory I have of a Robocop something

>"now I've got your fat black ass"
lmao I'm hoping that actually exists and Robocop actually said that.