Why is Gotham so fucking terrible...

Why is Gotham so fucking terrible? It has a decent budget and access to some of the best comic book villains ever written, and yet it is completely fucking unwatchable. Why don't they just fucking put it out of its (and our) misery?

Picture unrelated.

Well, like, that's just your opinion, man.

(You)

Nope. It is a fact. The show is fucking garbage.

dunno, but I couldn't make it past the first episode it was so bad

Why the fuck are you surprised at network tv being horrible? Are you 15 or something?

Gotham is the best network television superhero series.

>Gotham is the smartest kid on the short bus.

Because plebs will watch it because it's Le Batman regardless of whether it's good or not. Why put the effort into making it good if your sole ambition is to make money?

I quite like Gotham. But I respect your opinion.

What is there to like about it?
(Other than characters wearing costumes you like)

>But I respect your opinion.

You're not the smartest kid on the short bus.

AM SO

There's a lot to like about it. The actors, namely.

Give it a try

>network capeshit
>ever good

Which actors and why?

Jada Pinkett Smith was pretty good. I like gay Penguin, too. Everybody else is kind of bad.

David Mazouz. He's the best version of Bruce Wayne to date.

Penguin, Nygma, Barbara are a lot of fun. Most of the actors are pretty solid actually, except for Gordon and especially Selina (God she sucks).

>Dark hair
>Semitic looking
>No freckles

Two out of three don't cut it, pal. He's not Sup Forums material.

He's going to be a 10/10 adonis when he gets older

It's still better than the shit on the CW.

>Why is Gotham so fucking terrible?

Because instead of a dark crime story about who shot Bruce Wayne's parents, with rival gangs fighting for control of Gotham, they turned it into some CW shit 'supervillain' of the week, with the rest of the focus on a whiny kid impersonation of said Bruce Wayne.

Only the Penguin was a decent character but then they stopped using him in any interesting capacity and now he is just a gay token.

>Why don't they just fucking put it out of its (and our) misery?

It's more or less happening, the ratings are tanking, so they interrupted the second season and will air the rest during summer.

It is a shit show, it could have been great though.

>Alfred
>bad
SON...

>except for Gordon
You know, it is not a good thing when the show's main character isn't a good actor.

Though I don't have any problem with him so I don't see your issue anyway.

I think Bran and the creature in the OP are ugly as shit, so I don't really care, sorry! I'm fine with my jewfu

If by 20/20 Adonis, you mean Jewier Paul Ryan...Yeah, I can see him being that.

>He's going to be a 10/10 adonis when he gets older

He's going to be nothing but a nose when he grows older, not even the greeks will be able to compete.

best batman yet.

I was on the fence with including him. Kind of defeats the purpose of getting someone to watch. He's not bad where it's unwatchable or anything but I can't say Jim Gordon ranks high on my reasons to watch.

I think they cut it out after a while but one thing that really bugged me was how on the nose they were with the references. Poison Ivy is literally named Ivy. What the fuck? And they couldn't stop saying "Enough of your RIDDLES, Nygma".

> the creature in the OP

You leave sweet Pepe out of this, he dindu nuffin.

It was a bad idea from the start. You want Jim Gordon do be a good and noble cop in a shitty department, but you can't get seven years of a show out of that, so you give him a more dramatic arc. But then he isn't Jim Gordon anymore. It's a similar problem with Bruce and Joker, it's just on the flip side. Bruce is more or less already like the Bruce Wayne we are accustomed to, but he's a kid, and that really isn't where "young" Bruce Wayne should be. He SHOULD be troubled and fucked up and different than the man he will become. Same with Joker. He SHOULD NOT BE JOKER. He should be whatever the fuck human being Joker was prior to the incident at Ace Chemicals, but instead he's literally just Joker without the makeup.

They really should have scrapped the prequel element and just made it something like Gotham Central, focusing on the modern GCPD with Batman as a peripheral character who isn't the focus, but unfortunately Warner Bros is just addicted to terrible ideas.