How did YOU survive the 2008 economic crisis and mega recession?

How did YOU survive the 2008 economic crisis and mega recession?

Oldfags get the FUCK in here

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ciudad_Real_Central_Airport
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I became an industrial electrician in a factory

I lived in a country that didn't have a recession or any sustained downturn

what recession? all we felt was a marolinha

>2008 economic crisis and mega recession
What the fuck is this?

How did YOU survive the 2015 collapse in commodity prices?

The largest and most important event in history since the collapse of the soviet union

How did YOU survive the 2015 collapse in oil prices?

I was 10 years old and busy playing Habbo hotel

What crisis

Didn't even notice it.

Wasn't affected by it

American housing market collapsed and brought the western economy down with it

I finished school that year and figured it'd be over by the time I was done with civil service and university. Both my parents kept their jobs, our rental property remained rented, nothing changed really. Germany in general was hit to a far lesser degree than North America, but also recovered more slowly, not lastly thanks to being linked to the catastrophic situation in southern Europe through a common currency. The Euro was a mistake, and so was the globalisation, otherwise we wouldn't have felt the effects of American shenanigans at all.

Crisis? What crisis?

we have sames

Oil industry in Alberta collapsed in 2009 for a tiny bit then recovered almost instantly, collapsed again even harder in 2015 and has yet to recover unemployment is still 8% and that doesn't include self employed contractors of which there were a shitload

>American shenanigans

Wrong, Europe was in on the housing bubble too, in Spain they have entire condo ghost towns built out of pure property speculation

we got ultra poor but thanks of having our home totally payed already we managed to survive

Justice for oilfield workers who spent their first paycheck on the down payment of a house or lifted truck. They fully deserve their unemployment and missed payments thanks to their irresponsibility.

Yeah well, we ain't Spaniards. Matter of fact there's still a housing shortage in Germany, partially due to overregulation and partially due to real estate speculation.

I don't know much about it but wasn't it the American mortgage system and high risk housing market bonds getting AAA credit ratings that caused the crash?

Yes but the system itself is the problem

If some broke american defaulting on his/her mortgage can collapse the world economy then the world economy has a large problem

sounds like you are conducting shenanigans of your own
are you going to cuck southern europe any time soon?
I'm asking cause I have vaseline, but it's due to expire in a year...

Been a NEET since 2004.

Not our fault, the US keep bombing anyone who tries to move away from the petrodollar, threatening to devaluate the US dollar. Forcibly maintaining the completely arbitrary value of the dollar while continually printing more of it is the only thing that keeps the US financial system and economy from utterly imploding.

I bet it was the jews

Economies are guaranteed to go from boom to bust periodically and it's how the busts get handled that mark whether there's a problem or not. My experience of the contemporary welfare state, central banking, etc. is that they softened the blow considerably compared to comparable global downturns such as the 1930s.

America's lucky then that they have a friend in China

We literally tanked it better than any other country

I didn't. The only job I have ever had was working in a butcher shop from 2008-2010, but we lost business because of the recession and the manager fired me.

It stings because I was the first person he fired and he did it in front of the other 3 staff members. He literally dropped a couple of sausages on the floor then laughed and said 'its good you are getting experience bending down to handle sausages because you'll have to become a prostitute after today. You are fired'. Everyone fucking laughed. I have no experience and have had 2 job interviews in 9 years, and one of them was at the same butcher shop and the manager said he was only doing it to practise for 'interviewing good candidates'

My life is a mess lads.

Well they weren't high risk but they had too much risk for AAA rating. When everyone realized they were riskier than they thought, their value went down. Some very large banks holding a lot of these securities went insolvent and that crashed the economy.

have you thought of shaving your ass and legs? lots of people do good moy this way. I know a girl who went to Dubai for 2 years and came back with a new SUV. Think about it.

This

Canada did extremely well during the 2008 recession.

High risk enough that when there was a minor upswing in unemployment they all started defaulting and then the mortgagees that started looking at the state of individual loans started panicking

What will you do when you become a "have not" province but don't at least have the culture angle to fall back on like Québec and the Maritimes?

Invested in cyrptocoins

Worked in shipping and delivery for a meat plant because construction was dead.

>tfw born in 2016

Any other babies know this feel?

By not being born yet

Probably go back to agriculture.

[Citation needed]

Asspaña is not all of Europe

Good answer

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ciudad_Real_Central_Airport
>Don Quijote Airport
L O L ing

I don't think the defaults ate into the "AAA" securities. It was just the increase in perceived risk that lower the value.

[This is what autistic people who want to become stockbrokers actually believe]

we don't even felt the crisis

based poland

Well I was trying to help you understand the crisis but if you're going to ad hom me when you're wrong then forget about it.

Mate, you clearly don't understand it.

I don't think you do. Do you even understand what a tranche is?

2008 recession didn't affect my country as much. We kept growing at a 2%+ rate during that period