SAMURAI JACK

Am I the only one who really loved the tomb music this episode?

Also the setting itself... like something out of Lovecraft.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nOr0na6mKJQ
rarbg.to/torrent/zc3kd8g
youtube.com/watch?v=_ZHEu7HusG4
youtu.be/DtTQ-8npkWY?t=124
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Am I the only one who ____

Do you have to be THIS reddit?

this episode was pure jackkino

This.

someone was saying it was a variation of Ecstacy of Gold.

I was thinking this when I heard it.

Thought the same thing

>Jack loses his mask in Episode 1
>Loses his firearms, motorcycle and armour in Episode 2
>Also loses a bit of his beard
>By the time he'll face Aku, he'll be the same old Jack

How can a childrens cartoon be so good?

Really enjoy the episode overall but I felt Aku's scene was a bit out of place. I'm aware it is a new voice actor but it came across really out of place.

I think it was a nice reminder of the original show comedy roots, and yeah the lack of Mako sucks but you can hear Greg Baldwin hit the right notes ever so often so it's fine.

>Am I the only one

Stop this

I didn't think it was out of place, the original series had lot of scenes like that, I was pleasantly surprised to have a jokey scene when the marketing was all dark and gory. Yes it's a shame Mako died but the new guy isn't bad at all.

Was Samurai Jack always this good? I was worried nostalgia would have got the better of me, but holy shit I was wrong.

there's a lot of meh episodes honestly but generally when Genndy is writing/directing you're in for a good time.

It suffered from being kind of aimless outside a couple of rockhard PLOT episodes but the thing is the show by Genndy's own admission CN wanted it made for syndication and re-runs, there was never supposed to be a continuous story from episode to episode, viewers could tune in and watch without worrying that they missed anything.

There's always been something really disturbing about scenes with Aku like this. I guess it's because I get genuine evil vibes from him even when he's goofing off.

I don't know how to explain it. Aku has always been unsettling to me.

>Aku always knows what Jack is doing
>Suddenly "b-but he doesn't know I don't have my sword!"

Don't know if you noticed, but Jack's mind isn't all there, of course he'd reassure himself by saying something like that.

Well, the rest of the episode was the darkest Samurai Jack has ever been so far

DUDE WHY DOES Sup Forums EVEN EXIST LMAO

I liked it.
Especially because, when you think about it, probably 80%+ of all dialogue spoken in episode 2 were Aku lines from that first scene.

Can someone explain how the daughters found him in the coffin?

And also when jack was hiding in the rain y did he run towards the horsemen?

I really liked that scene, the music and everything about it.
It reminded me of this.
youtube.com/watch?v=nOr0na6mKJQ

The teaser poster had him with his beard and sword

Anyone got an episode link? Missed it.

rarbg.to/torrent/zc3kd8g

Aku is just so evil and powerful that obviously evil shit like the Daughters of Aku is basically overcompensating to him. He can afford to goof off and do silly shit because he's so goddamn powerful it doesn't affect him in the slightest.

What if the horseman is the grim reaper?

KYS

T-they're just nuts and bolts

>Jack just committed his very first homocide
Holy fucking chirst of god my jaws fucking dropped

He obviously ran towards the temple.

>He never watched the episode, princess and the five bounty hunters
Now let me shift your attention over here.

Yeah, just watched it. You could tell it rattled the fuck out of him too.

The look and feel of this episode was goddamn amazing.

Also loved that the tuning fork shortsword had a payoff.

Both episodes so far are Jack/10. This is how you do a fucking comeback season.

He didn't kill them, just knock them out
The ending was fantastic
>she accepted defeat before even attacking him
Wew

>Can someone explain how the daughters found him in the coffin?

they're well trained I guess?

>And also when jack was hiding in the rain y did he run towards the horsemen?

pic related

Theories on who the horseman is?
I got
>Jack's shame manifested into who Jack would become if he had succeeded
>death
>the first samurai of his line

You can't knock a man out by slicing them with a sword, and she did attack him earlier but got her sword broken.
Jack killed people before S5.

Its not just, the music, its the visuals and setting as well

youtube.com/watch?v=_ZHEu7HusG4

He has sliced many people before and managed just to cut their clothes. He's a grand master samurai, the only thing he slices in two are machines, he can easily slice a person in half but never has

>Jack's shame manifested into who Jack would become if he had succeeded
Killing the ultimate evil will turn you into a evil samurai? That doesn't make sense
>death
Gendy would go for something that easy
>the first samurai of his line
What.

I say that the dark samurai is the only one who bested jack and took his sword as a reward, this caused jack to have ptsd and constantly hallucinate the dark samurai.

>You can't knock a man out by slicing them with a sword

hit them with the blunt side

Why do you think he's evil? He's just menacing as fuck

Yeah but these people at the end were lying on the ground without moving one bit and their clothing intact.
These people are dead, no dancing around it here.

You do know what knocked out means, right?

Oh I don't know, maybe it was the mass amount of children crying a begging for help at the camera while the horseman is just staring beside them.

It wasn't confirmed they were killed. This is his first human kill

He's staring at Jack and judging him

Do you even kino

He didn't use the blunt side of the sword, you can't knock a man out by slicing them with the blade of the sword. They're dead, DEAD.
Watch it again and see that he didn't use the blunt side of his sword. WATCH IT.

>It wasn't confirmed they were killed. This is his first human kill
It's not confirmed that they're alive either. I saw jack use the blade of his sword to cut these people.
That's enough to say that these people are dead.

the bugs are attracted to people, and a bug landed on his coffin. they put two and two together

>the bugs are attracted to people, and a bug landed on his coffin.

the bug was inside his coffin, the light faded as the chances for them finding him increased, total darkness = no hope

You're a fucking retard that don't understand shit about Samurai Jack

The blue guardian of the portal saw a premonition of him with a beard in season 3.

So you stopped arguing and just used insults.
Mate, just because you can't argue your point doesn't mean you have to stoop so low as to say "oh you don't know the show that you watched!".
It's pathetic.

Not him but you can't even prove your own arguments.

You make a claim without proof
I can wave it away as bullshit just as easily
kys

You forgot
>inappropriate Lovecraft comparison

If this season isn't awarded an emmy I'm going ham on the academy

>posting the thumbnail
stupid frogposter

>want to make webms
>no sound allowed on Sup Forums and the sound is so fucking good that it'd almost be a waste without it

fuck

Edgy jack 24/7 would be terrible.

In fact I hope PTSD Jack and LOL KILL URSELF are very limited

Okay, if jack can use the blade of his sword to cut through bots like butter how is it wrong to assume that using the same blade on a human being wouldn't make them dead?
Since it's a cartoon, you're not allowed to show blood, since these enemies are human you can't compensate by showing some other substance like oil, so theirs no way of proving that these people are dead other than them lying on the ground motionless.

You could say that these people are just "knocked out" but it has never been seen that jack knocked out anyone when he uses the blade of his sword.

So in conclusion since Jack has never knocked out someone with blade of his sword and whenever he did use the blade of his sword directly onto his opponent they die, it's safe to presume that since jack used the blade of his sword on these bounty hunters they all died.

>lmao dude he can totally kill people therefore he does

Where can I watch the new season?

Jack in the future if he doesn't get his shit together

Or just another hallucination like blue jack. If they go that route, red jack is actually blossom

youtube

Sup Forums is unironically one of the worst boards on this site
at least when people shitpost here I know they're just having a laugh

>Jack in the future if he doesn't get his shit together
Oh fuck I like that

REKT
was there even death and blood in the old series? I remember he was always killing robots and shit. Is it rated higher now?

I gave you an argument and you return by using memes.
It's Sunday, shouldn't kids like you be outside or something?

The dying of the white wolf represnt represent the dying of the old jack who did not kill humans, right?

This

Jack encountered death a few times but he never killed someone

Most likely

jack is a master swordsman with a magical sword you think he would kill anyone if he didnt mean to?
im sure he could easily incapacitate someone without killing them

youtu.be/DtTQ-8npkWY?t=124
Fucktard

I was hoping in time that he would just..

That was fucking goofy

>that quality

DDIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE

Therapist scene was great
It's funny cause Jack's psyche is telling him to off himself and having hallucinations while Aku just has mild amxiety or something.

this

>both of them are suffering severe depression due to Jack being stuck in the future

Does Aku knows the name of jack?

Who is the green knight on a horse in Jack's hallucinations?

Is it wrong that i ___?

Kek saved

Anyone find the new art style to be weird?

It's like the old one but more polished and professional-ish. I can't really explain but it just looks off.

Well to be fair the bombs that were thrown at Boris were meant to completely kill jack. I wouldn't be so certain to say that jack, being a master swords man and all would be able to reduce the lethal damage done to Boris especially with the way the bombs landed on Boris.
So if jack wasn't gentle with Boris why would he be gentle with the others? True, he used his sword on them and since he's a master swordsman he could've tried to minimalise the damage done to those he slashed. I don't see it though, the people ended up on the ground motionless, getting a full sword strike on all of them. They're dead.
Did you watch you video that you linked?
The sword doesn't work on innocents, in what world are those bounty hunters who wanted to kill jack for their greed, innocent?

It's like you're just shooting endlessly hoping something sticks.

fucking hell 1000 keks

It's kind of off putting yeah.
I say it's because the old art was done by hand while the new art is done using a computer.

didn't they change the ratio between hand-drawn and computer animated pieces?

i don't have any idea really

Holy shit I don't even care one way or the other but the autistic essays you're throwing at these guys are hilarious.

>Does Aku knows the name of jack?
Do you mean jack's real name? No idea.
>Who is the green knight on a horse in Jack's hallucinations?
Hasn't been revealed yet.

Who's excited for the Scotsman?!? It's going to be sad seeing him crippled

>beard and hair
>literal white wolf as an allegory for Jack
I know it's probably not but if this was an homage to Geralt I'd jizz.

Jack's bike is cg. It's all made on computers now.

>Paragraphs
>essays
Come on man. If you're proving a point you might as well go the extra mile. It's better to attempt to have to make a good argument than to use memes everywhere.

Its a discussion who cares

I think it's perfect honestly

>yfw we get to see the scotsman die and witness his funeral

Fuck off