Analysts are now estimating that “Beauty and the Beast” could score a massive $170M+ opening...

>Analysts are now estimating that “Beauty and the Beast” could score a massive $170M+ opening. That would best “Batman v Superman’s” opening weekend; the DC superhero film earned $166M which currently holds the record for the biggest March opening of all time

How will DCucks ever recover?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f6qDPCh33fg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Who cares about that? Go back to reading the stock prices in your favourite newspaper.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Not surprised, normies eat this shit up. And people still wonder why Hollywood is so unoriginal.

>Disney live-action adaptation of one of their most beloved films with positive reviews somehow tracking to have a better opening weekend that an art film that was trashed by pleb reviewers for making the audience think

Wow, shocking

which one is the beast?

That's the twist: they both are

I cant believe a race-mixer got that high of an opening

As I was watching the movie yesterday all I could keep on thinking as I was watching her on the screen was how she SSSSSSSSSSLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLURPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPED on Asian cock.

>art film
HAHAHAHA

>bvs was 1 year ago

>capeshit
>art film

the level of delusion on display is staggering

>anything I dislike can't be an art film
Guys, your pleb is showing again

By winning Oscars

that's not fair, disney literally had to invent their own category just so they could win some
you can't expect their non-animated films to win anything, that's moving the goalposts

>On Track To Break Batman V Superman's Record

Record of what? Shittiest movie?

That was a good joke. Well done

>How will DCucks ever recover?
By winning more oscars

>Moana does okay
>Upcoming Disney animations: Wreck it Ralph 2, Cars 3, The Incredibles 2, Toy Story 4, Frozen 2
>Upcoming live action Disney films: Piratekino, Mary Poppins Returns, Aladdin, Mulan, Winnie the Pooh, Cruella, Dumbo, It's a Small World, Jungle Cruise, Peter Pan, The Lion King

Does this mean all Disney will be producing for the next decade will be Star Wars clones, live action versions of their cartoons, and sequels to previous Pixar movies?

Please put me out of my misery, though I welcome to coming creativity dark ages of Disney.

Is this film SJW propaganda?

>when your movie is so bad it gets beaten by a live action reboot of a Disney princess movie that is around 60% approval rating by both critics and fans

Fucking wew lad how are the D.C. fans going to defend this one?

>biggest March opening of all time
This wasn't a record when BvS made it up.

>cashgrab is better at cash grabbing than a movie about the deconstruction of two icons of the western culture
NO SHIT!

it's not just Disney, thanks to movies like those making billions of dollars EVERYONE is going to want in on the action

>people made fun of Emma Watson for turning down La La Land
>La La Land already forgotten
>Beauty and the Beast is one track to be one of the highest grossing movies of the year

APOLOGIZE

They spent like 300 millions on marketing for this turd though, it would be embarrasing that they didn't beat that record and it's actually not that clear that they will. The opening night was way behind BvS's

Emma Watson's going to win an oscar and be respected as a serious actress for Beauty and the Beast?!

That's fucking cheating, they opened a day early in most cities.

Thursday is not the weekend

>she turned la la land down to make this career suicide piece of shit
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

More like.

>Beloved Disney Live-Action Adaptation beats out a movie with the two biggest superhero icons in the whole world.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It's cape shit.

Say it with me, "BvS is cape shit."

BvS had a massive drop like the next day

This thing is going to beat it by a huge margin and be the first billion dollar movie of the year for Disney

Worst Emma... and Shailene Woodley. Shailene eats fucking clay for fucks sake.

La La Land a shit, eitherway.

>A wide array of movies will still get released each year from all kinds of genres.
>Turn your brain off blockbusters won't interfere with that.
>You can just ignore what you don't like and see what you like. There will always be something you'll be interested in watching regardless.

There will still be dozens of other movies coming out. Just don't go see movies you don't like... pretty much that's how I do it and I'm pretty sure everyone that's not autistic does it.

If we had the capacity for this type of internet in the 70s and 80s, I can just imagine all the whining and bitching about Sci-Fi movies people would be doing.

>made less on opening friday than Suicide Squad
>ZERO FUCKING OSCARS
Can you make this shit up? I don't think so kiddo

One good thing out of this BatB debacle is that Watson's career will never recover.

So? BvS opened Worldwide when it came out. When most blockbusters have different release dates given different parts of the world.

>capeshit
>art
Wew lad.

>Watching two faggots in spandex beat the shit out of each other in slo-mo with electric guitars in the background
>Art
Pick one and only one.

>it doesnt have constant blood and swearing so itz not mature liek me
where have I heard this before?

>judging a film by its genre/subject-matter
Wew lad.

There's a reason why Suicide Squad won an Oscar while BvS won half a dozen razzies. People go to see capeshit for light entertainment, not for any profound revelations.

youtube.com/watch?v=f6qDPCh33fg
the DCU is already dead. Show some respect for the dead
F

"People keep coming up with new ways to celebrate mediocrity, but if someone is genuinely exceptional..."

>placing arbitrary restraints on the allowed ambition of a project based on the zeitgeist
When spaghetti westerns were first made in the 60s, reviewers trashed them too because they didn't want questionable anti-heroes and bloody violence made by europeans in a genre that was supposed to romanticise the old west and play to traditional american values
I wonder if you can see the similarity

You can excuse it however you like but the fact of the matter is, BvS got razzies and Suicide Squad got an Oscar. Nobody gives a shit about how well your movie opposed the Zeitgeist, they care that it's an entertaining film that appealed to their tastes and sensibilities.

Who knows, maybe in a decade or two once the MCU plays itself out, maybe WB can try to give us a cinematic universe that isn't dogshit and actually leave the directors they hired to do their job, sans executive meddling.

But somehow I doubt that'll happen and we'll just get DC movies that become progressively more and more marvel-lite.

Beauty and The Beast has made almost half of La La Land's total 11 week gross in 3 fucking days.

Well seeing she's lined up for a $15m bonus once this passes $700m ww i think she will be happy with the decision

>He thinks current consensus means anything
Guess Citizen Kane and 2001 are both mediocre and not worthy of any attention...

Implying power rangers won't break that record

They really aren't. In all honesty they're pretty mediocre films once you take off the blinders and judge them as films, not "masterpieces."

Most characters from the earlier film are now black. Take that as you will.

There was a scene in the beginning where they are introducing the prince and narrator goes "and he gathered all the beautiful people in his palace" and the camera pans to a room full of black girls. Made me lol

Women will buy into anything with only the slightest encouragement. This is why most product advertising caters to them

I don't like Marvel movies either.

Nice try though.