You wake up as a Roman Soldier during the Gallic Wars in 52 BC, during the great Gallic revolt lead by Vercigetnorix

>You wake up as a Roman Soldier during the Gallic Wars in 52 BC, during the great Gallic revolt lead by Vercigetnorix

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?t=3s&v=C7VAxt7Dhs8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

defect to my celtic brothers

Not bad...surely I'll survive.

>implying any of us are tough enough to survive the siege of alesia
get real pham

they survived by building a double fort, so no you don't need to be super muscular to live through the fight

This.

i sharpen my gladius, them gaulish hands ain't gonna get cut by themselves

same I guess

My ancestors :)

not talking physical strength alone m8, talking about being assaulted regularly along an extremely stretched out front, after letting the entire alesian female/child population starve to death within your walls
war is hell pham

not within your walls over the walls

and it was a city of 80,000 there were large gaulic casualties because they were encircled with no food but pretty sure they all didn't starve to death

and it wasn't assaulted as regularly as you thought, not all day at least like modern warfare, modern warfare with guns made life more hellish as a fighter

they tried 3 times the longest was the night the last time, plenty of rest in between,

Would blow my pre-viking age viking horn to make a glorious signal telling my sueoni brehtren to retreat back to Scandza - this war does not concern us northern Germanics.

>wakes up
>btfo gauls
>march to Rome with Caesar
>put him in power
>get my share of money
>retire
>live on my farm in Italy full of qt slave concubines

In all of these "you wake up as x" scenarios the only thing I would be doing is wondering how the fuck the universe works and how did I end up in the past. I'd probably go insane eventually and start a triangle-worshipping cult of people who thinks that beans are the root to all evil or something. There's no way in hell that I'd just play along with it.

it's a topic for some creative writing, it's not meant to be taken as literal value

Do what Caesar says
Also tell him about the conspiracy against him in eerie detail so he gets suspicious and then can recognize what's about to happen when the Ides of March come around.

>he asks how you know
>"I came from the future"
>gets crucified

What does being celtic mean? Did they and the germanic tribes mixed together and formed europeans, or this differentiation between celtics and germanics is not precise at any genetic level?

>Approach the gauls speaking a bunch of latin words mixed with german words
>get tortured and beheaded

deus vult

Behead weak ROMAN soldier

As a terrone-american, I guess I stay loyle to my capo and shitstomp Gauls with Caesar. Try to distinguish myself in combat, maybe he'll make me part of his guard and I can save him.

Celt is a group of languages

>not saying a northern seeress from Britannia told you about it
C'mon man

>and it was a city of 80,000 there were large gaulic casualties because they were encircled with no food but pretty sure they all didn't starve to death
the gauls of alesia kicked out the children/women as supplies were running low, and they though the romans would let them through
however, the romans were suspicious of spies or people being messengers to other nearby gaul tribes to come and aid alesia, so the romans let them starve within the walls rather than let them out

*crosses the Rhine*

The celtic language is in a different branch than the germanic one, so they probably had different tribes as well. I think germanics came from the north and northwest-ish parts of europe and gauls or celts lived around where modern france and germany is, until they got killed by or joined romans or other tribes in nearly everywhere except scotland and ireland

Why the fuck did romans do such things for the profit of the upper class?

Do we have any account of roman soldiers hating this warmongering society?
m.youtube.com/watch?t=3s&v=C7VAxt7Dhs8

it was just a day since trying to let them become prisoners so the soldiers can last longer

and at night they tried their last break out

and if every roman recieved a slave and if some died in fighting then that means not all starved

no sources mentioned death by starvation, that was the roman strategy in building a wall around them, to force them to give battle for fear of starvation

Most of Legios who fought the war were Gallic user
this

Travel to Rome, just to taste A TRUE ROMAN BREAD FOR TRUE ROMANS ®

>implying I won't just say I'm a Seer and then speak in modern English because it'll sound completely foreign to him
kys nerd