A ragtag team of minorities lead by a female fighting against the evil white man

>a ragtag team of minorities lead by a female fighting against the evil white man

wooow so groundbreaking

tell me again why we like this flick, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WioRxS-uuTs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because it was about a ragtag team of minorities lead by a female fighting against the evil white man

reddit the flcik

wtf i hate jews now

Because it was bad, and Sup Forums always has to play the contrarian

I couldn't watch this film

Those damn fucking DSL

>tell me again why we like this flick, Sup Forums?
>why WE like this
Jesus christ, learn to form your own opinions you fucking sheep.

hahahahaahah dumpf got BTFO by this movie

ummm, it's called connected conciousness and were all part of it
even you

I'm taking the bait, but I've seen nothing but negative threads about the movie on Sup Forums. You may be thinking of leddit.

Cuz Vader and the last 30 min action.
You know it to be true

Loved the scenery

Was there some really bad acting or was it just me

Terrible dialogue flow, not natural.

the movie felt like it was ok and then some Disney assholes in suits ruined it. Apparently this is what actually happened.

Because they all die in the end?

>Female lead can't do shit other than some minor combat
>Doesn't care about the Rebellion, they don't care about her
>Minority crew gets absolutely massacred by the Empire in an admittedly well executed plan that does succeed.
>Vader

But the contrarians had to say they hated it so we would know how smart and above it all they were.

Any shots of those sex feet?

cant they make a movie that is not about 5 jerkoffs denying the odds to destroy a fucking deathstar?

doesnt matter how many steps it takes to get there, it always ends up the same.

>intriguing game between Krennic and Tarkin
>great cinematography especially after the visual clusterfuck tfa was
>top world building explaining even minor shit like the imperial guards uniform.
>nicely showing how the force works
>great space and ground battle
>nice and interesting story
>creative locations

>retarded audiences

I liked it too. It was by far not perfect, but a much more solid film than any of the prequels or TFA.

I just watched and thought it was okay, kinda bummed everyone died which seemed a bit weird. Plus is it just me or did vadar sound strange?!

it's called star wars

you also forgot that the whole thing was boring and there were no characters to care about

hell no
it is phantom menace tier

You really need to watch Phantom Menace again if you actually believe that.

Rogue One wasn't very good but it was nowhere near being the utter shit that Phantom Menace is.

it is as shit as phantom menace with better effects

But the characters in a movie fight against faceless bad guys and overpower them easily as long as it's convenient for the story. How can you not care about them.

George liked it.

>download torrent
>about to order pizza and get comfy
>just eat is down
Reeeeeeeee

The main girl and the Spanish guy were very bad

Mikkelson and Whitaker were good as usual though

I watched this and Star Trek Beyond yesterday . Star Trek was legit better, and they used fucking music to destroy aliens in the vacuum of space. kek

Rogue One was complete shit. Apart from Based Yen.

>>great cinematography especially after the visual clusterfuck tfa was
>>top world building explaining even minor shit like the imperial guards uniform.
>>great space and ground battle
>>creative locations

Agreed with this stuff but the script was pure shit, maybe even worse than TFA

>bending over backwards to look for agendas in stupid sci-fi shlock
>thinking 'the empire are evil white men nazis' is anything new

I guess drumpftard just went to film 101 and had his first taste of allegorical writing, huh?

>Whitaker
but he was terrible, it was so fucking distracting.

>Based Yen
please leave, retard

Why are neckbeards so easily triggered by minorities in baby movies?

reminder that every time the normalfag plebs pay to see something in a theater they are wowed by the big screen, sound and crab legs and say it is good. then when the BD rip is out the kinologists recognise it for the trash it is.

TFA was much better, you're just butthurt because they put a black dude in it

>muh jews are trying to normalize race mixing meme
>fucking niggers reeeeee

Go walk to the store and get some frozen pizza then.

I thought it was deliberately campy and that it worked well in the context. Seemed like he was having fun with the role

oh hi /pol
how's the mental illness scene goin

>retard

You realise this makes you look dumb, right? Don't you know any other words or are you just trying to fit in?

>a ragtag team of drumpf losers lead by a non white fighting against nothing in particular by making threads on Sup Forums all day
Wow I sure love this film

>Frozen pizza
I'm not a peasant

say it with me

PRESIDENT donald J trump

It was an uninspired popcorn flick. 6/10 because the universe is still interesting even after another Death Star rehash.

I wish Disney weren't a bunch of limp-dicked formula followers, though. It's a shame they made the movie significantly less dark than it originally was, purportedly. Whittaker had a line in the initial trailer that went something like:

>What will you do when they find you? What will you do when they BREAK you?

It was a well-delivered line and ensured a promising tone. But no, Disney had to fuck it all up and serve a soulless, ultra-safe story because imagination and risk-taking are apparently frowned upon in today's Hollywood.

Look at what Disney used to stand for compared to what it is today—an absolute tragedy.

Is this SW with the highest body count?

There are good frozen pizzas as well.

say it with me - impeached

He was put in the film so retards can have fun. That's what i meant.

Nah, that's A New Hope. They actually blow up a planet in that one.

>we like this
See, the problem here isn't your "analysis" of the movie, it's the clear starvation for group think and sense of belonging. You could have easily avoided that by appearing less like an attention-starved faggot.

because it has Mads Mikkelsen and he's handsome, no homo.

>Reply
Welcome, you live in that world too.

>a ragtag team of Sup Forumseenagers lead by a triggered dipshit OP fighting against the fact that there are other demographics that watch movies other than white people

Not super groundbreaking. Might as well be constant /triggered/ generals.

because it was well made and made me feel like a kid again and was like finally getting the prequel movie I wanted after the phantom menace crushed my soul 18 years ago.

Am I still banned?

>made me feel like a kid again and was like finally getting the prequel movie I wanted after the phantom menace crushed my soul 18 years ago
I feel exactly the same way as you do and I'm honestly shocked by how hated Rogue One is among Sup Forums autists.

agreed I hated his shitty lazy delivery. he doesnt give a fuck anymore hes a big name and its a blockbuster franchise.

well keep holding your breath, it'll be a long 8 years for you.

>and I'm honestly shocked by how hated Rogue One is among Sup Forums autists.
maybe because we have actual TASTE lol

Why did the animators think Tarkin and Leia looked good? If you have to have em in the film, why not use a little restraint and clever angles so we don't need to stare directly in to their lifeless eyes.

>we
>TASTE
>lol

stick to reddit, my guy

Watched rogue one yesterday. Actually a not terrible movie, much better than Awakens. Something seemed wrong with vader's voice and his trick or treat costume needed work. Supporting cast more fun than brit teeth. Robot dude was actually funny in a few parts.

It was worth the 2 hours. Really shows how terrible JJ is at doing anything though since it lends itself to VII comparisons.

(You)
bad bait, here's your (you)

Whatever makes you feel superior to others, my man.

it was legitimate advice, hombre

here's some legimate advice

watch better movi-, nay, films

if u have the brain power that is.... lol

>saw guerrera get it it's just like che guevarra
>no, we didn't know that che hated gays
>no, we didn't know that che has his own death squads

Rogue One is good.

no

Much better than TFA, but still worse than the original six.

At least it was refreshing to see something without jedis, and the fatct that they all die made it have some stakes.

I just wished for once the Empire wasnt depicted as completely incompetent.

>original six.
kill yourself

We like it because of this scene:
youtube.com/watch?v=WioRxS-uuTs

>we

KYS. we only like the prequels here.

>seemed a bit weird
Why? They succeeded in an insane mission to make it possible to save the galaxy by the skin of their teeth. The losses were massive but their sacrifice prevented the empire from taking over the whole galaxy. It's not a lame-ass plot-armor happy ending and it's not an edgelord "lol everything is awful f u" ending either; it's just cool.

>Plus is it just me or did vadar sound strange?!
Well James Earl Jones is 86 years old now.

it was too convenient

at the end i was hoping they failed to get the plans to the rebels directly but alerted them of their existence and found a way to make it possible

instead everything was tied up with a neat little uncanny-valley CGI bow, even though I always knew it was gonna happen this way.

now to wait for the edits of ANH with a rogue one memorial on yavin IV post DS-I explosion. can even include CGI leia.

horrible acting. the british chick and the spic couldn't act for shit.

Do you honestly think they aren't going to keep tweaking it so it looks better on subsequent home video releases? Who fucking cares.

It was panned by Sup Forums as well dude

Fucking Phantom Menace is better than TFA and Rogue 1

because, outside of some serious contrivances and plot holes (and quips), it at least feels like star wars, unlike TFA. also, it proves once again that JJ is fucking horrible, when even one of Disney's sweatshop directors can produce a more competent film than abrams

also it managed not to totally fail telling the story of pre-4. while the story didn't need to be told, at least it added something to the narrative of 4, like how it wasnt total imperial retardation that led to the thermal exhaust port.

it also developed how the rebellion started as split up shady terrorist group performing morally dubious actions.

also, its funny when jane gives her rousing speech to the rebel leaders, only to have them shoot her down.

C+, kinda excited to watch it again when the br shows up on pirate sites

>and the fatct that they all die made it have some stakes
lol no
they all conveniently died right after their tasks were completed

It was good but could have been a lot darker. You already know how it's going to end especially after they destroy the first city.
You just don't care about anyone but Mikkelsen because he was the only one who was vulnerable.
Also the Tarkin CGI was fucking atrocious, it's the one thing you'd think the richest movie producers of all time would get right. Leia CGI was acceptable but also not what I expect from such a budget.

They could have taken a chance and aim for a 16+ audience with more violence, dark, dystopian tone and actually let good actors get roles.
As for the acting, Mikkelsen, Whitaker and Mendelsohn were good. The rest of the acting was okay, although I couldn't stand Donnie Yen's character.

this is generally what happens in movies, unless its a bad guy dying, in which case they die right before their task is completed

because watching a rogue one where the plan fails because jane dies right before sending the message, or monk dies right before flipping the switch is rather unsatisfying

if you want no stakes, go watch the avengers, where during an apocalypse level event, whedon goes out of his way to show avengers going out of their way saving a few civilians rather than stopping loki or the portal or whatever, where i think not a single civilian is shown explicitly dying and the heroes are busy quipping with the villains.

and if you want actual depth, go read a book, film is a visual medium with basic emotional meaning

To be fair they paint Saw as a morally ambiguous character too.

yeah he clearly does some messed up shit in his search of ends, what with the mind rape and all

he's the rebel leader thats probably willing to blow up a building full of civilians if it means killing a few high ranking imperial officers

disney is very audience conscious, because even with the social agendas and whatnot, they still want money above all else

they know the star wars special editions are much maligned so dont expect any edits of those

same reason they spent so much effort pretending (lying) to be focusing on practical effects for TFA

They blow up 4 in tfa

>it was too convenient
>literally everyone dies and the data just barely scrapes out of Vader's grasp by dedicated rebels who also died for that singular cause

meanwhile nobody is complaining about how convenient it is that the plans just happen to stumble into Luke Skywalker's hands after all the shit at the start of A New Hope. people literally just whining about the same flaws the original trilogy had.

it's not happenstance, it's the force

Rogue One had far more grit in it than any other Star Wars movie. Miraculous happenings are a common theme in SW; at least here people had to bite and claw for it even if The Force still played its role.

These, although the plot was a complete mess that didn't make any sense at times.

>made the movie significantly less dark than it originally was
Um, the main complaint against this movie is that it's too dark and has none of the humor and characters of the other movies. If it was any more darker it'd have been a total failure with audiences.

Best SW movie since TESB

>using reddit spaces
it doesn't take brain power to watch flicks you negroid.

It seems millenials here were amazed by the fan service darth vader last sequence, it redeemed magically a whole shitty boring, sjw and bland movie.

Was a letdown to me, almost as bad as episode 1.

I pretty much enjoyed all the characters except the mexican guy
also CGI Tarkin was a mistake

>Almost all the X-Wing pilots are white
>All the alliance military leaders are white
>Main character is white
>Main character's heroic, self sacrificing father is a blue eyed white male

I'll be the first to say that liberalism is a form of mental illness but in this case OP is insane. This is just shit posting bait to start yet another argument about politics.

And of course the same three idiots will be the ones arguing in this topic. Both liberal an conservative douche bags. They're always in every topic like this one. I wish they could be range banned.

>sjw
Why?

Yep, and anyone who says otherwise is a joyless cunt who spends all their time shit posting on Sup Forums.

Let's face facts, most Sup Forumstards are far joyless, angry, entitled little pieces of shit

what happened to the bothans?