What does it feel like to be conditioned by the internet to hate films you used to love?

What does it feel like to be conditioned by the internet to hate films you used to love?

Official power ranking for star Warts right here

feels okay

yes top to bottom

>What does it feel like to be conditioned by the internet to hate films you used to love?

I liked Phantom Menace as a boy, and I still do
It's comfy and peaceful, it's a real nice throwback to the way things were before shit got fucked up in the galaxy
It's even KOTOR-esque in a lot of ways

However, I went to see Clones in the cinema and I fucking HATED it, even tho I was only like 12 years old I realized what a terrible piece of shit it was. I mean I couldn't pinpoint that it was awful for making Yoda use a lightsaber, but I was bored throughout the whole affair, I fucking loathed the big stupid CGI battles, I loathed the entire movie.

I had no opinion on the third because I didn't see it until like 10 years later, as I didn't give a fuck about SW for a long time.

How about not giving a fuck if you enjoy something? How about having a own opinion?

I never loved the prequels. I didn't even bother going to see the third one in a theater. I didn't hate them, I just thought they were meh. I like the RLM reviews, but it didn't make me hate these films. I might go back and rewatch them once the current trilogy finishes up.

There were a lot of bad movies I liked as a kid. I didn't need the internet to mature my taste.

literally the contrarian's guide to being a retard

plebeians detected

What does it feel like to be a millenial faggot that can't let go of nostalgia for a shit movie he saw as akid?

Same. Big hype around phantom menace when was I kid. By the time Attack of the Clones came out my friends didn't even want to watch and I didn't even watch Revenge of the Sith until couple of years after it came out.

What does it feel like to pretend to like eating shit to fit in with a group of hipsters? It must be flooring if you ever come to the realization.

I have always hated these shitty films.

Revenge of the Sith is the second best Star Wars flick.

>used to love

I cannot fathom why people would actually defend the prequels besides "muh deepest lore cgi cartoon that totally redeems the shitshow movies" unless they're determined to be as totally contrarian as possible.

I'd watched Phantom Menace on VHS way too much as a kid, then, when I got the DVDs of all three I skipped to Revenge of the Sith because it was the coolest one.
My opinion of them is the same today - I is comfy, II is boring and III is my favorite bit of live-action Star Wars.

>unless they're determined to be as totally contrarian as possible.
Welcome to Sup Forums.

Nah, just folks with common sense.

Yeah it's the contrarian thing. If reddit was going to generally defend these movies the Sup Forums would be writing essays on what's shit with them. As it stands they have to unironically defend a movie that adds to the Canon that Darth Vader once whined to a girl about how much he hated sand

I've always hated the pleb-quels, because I love star wars, and they're a blight on the franchise.
Only autistic millennials have shit taste enough to not know that pleb-quels are trash.

I agree with you but if you're on Sup Forums and not a millenial then mind telling me where your life went so wrong so I don't make these mistakes?

I'd say just recognize when something goes to shit, as this board has since it was flooded with millennial faggotry. Just let go, and don't hold out hope for this world that it will ever recover from the failingest generation ever.

>Suggesting that one loved the Prequels to begin with

>Inferring one cannot critically evaluate that the Prequels are boring political fodder riddled with plot holes and written by a past their prime megalomaniac surrounded by toadies who surrender their professional judgement for a paycheck and a credit

Hello, contrarian.

>Failingest
Shouldn't you being gardening or building a deck you decrepit 37 year old.

V > IV > VI = III = Rogue One >I > II > TFA

My issue with them is they are no more hokey and cheesy as the ot. They have some nice bits but why these are so grievously offensive and OT is the greatest films to these people, I will never understand

V > IV = TFA > Rogue One > VI > III > I > II

You must be a weak minded person to be influenced by the internet. Like those clowns that get all up in arms when they see a interracial or gay couple in a commercial or on tv. "They're pushing their agenda!"

How about being a person of strong & good conviction?

>they are no more hokey and cheesy as the ot.
user, it's time to hang it up.

after seing the first one I felt i was robbed, since then i never went to the cinema again, its been like 20 years

>Revenge of the Sith's labyrinthine opening shot—of Anakin and Obi-Wan giving chase to Dooku through the space vehicles on the planet of Coruscant—is a mighty and audacious gauntlet-throw, the digital equivalent of the opening shot of Orson Welles’s “Touch of Evil." It wheels and gyrates and zips and pivots with a vertiginous wonder that declares, from the beginning, that Lucas had big visual ideas and was about to realize them with a heroically inventive virtuosity. And the rest of the movie follows through on that self-dare.

>If I had seen ROTS in a theatre upon its release, in 2005, I think that, at the moment when Sheev, sizzling in the blue lightning that Mace Windu reflects back at him, cries out to Anakin, “Power! Unlimited Power!,” I would have leaped out of my seat yelling with excitement. The entire movie is filled with an absolute splendor of the pulp sublime, and that moment is its very apogee. Lucas reaches historic heights in the filming of action: the martial artistry of Anakin and Obi-Wan’s double duel versus Dooku, the gaping maw of outer space and of the airshaft into which the heroic duo drops, Obi-Wan’s light-sabre fight with the four-armed Grievous, and, above all, the apocalyptic inferno of the confrontation of Obi-Wan and Anakin. I watched these sequences over and was repeatedly and unflaggingly amazed by Lucas’s precise, dynamic, wildly imaginative direction.

>The scripted politics of the conflicts have a grand imagination to match. What Lucas brings to the script of the movie is a Shakespearean backroom dialectic of power-maneuvering. The dialogue is just heightened and sententious enough, just sufficiently rhetorical, to convey the grave moment of ideas in conflict and the grand mortal results of that dialectical clash—the making of a villain and the unmaking of a republic.

what the fuck are you on?

Are you implying I loved the prequels?

The only one I ever liked was TPM.

AotC was completely forgettable and I can't even make it through RotS because it's just so bloated -- and I only saw it well beyond when it was released.

>tfw you never saw the original trilogy and did not know the plot
>tfw your buddy wants you to go see RotS with him in theaters so you watch episodes I & II, without really realizing that the old Star Wars movies were the same story
>Have mind fucking blown by RotS
>Watch the original trilogy
>Perfect series arc without having had any preconceived notions that fuck it up for you.
>Watch The Force Awakens
>It's shit
>TFW you have become the thing you hate