Mfw when i illegally downloaded space cop and then deleted it without even watching it

>mfw when i illegally downloaded space cop and then deleted it without even watching it

What a peace of shit

>peace

Hook me up, brotha.

>without even watching it
>What a peace of shit
It is a piece of shit, but you didn't even watch it. Hell, you can't even spell "piece."

I downloaded it, watched 20 minutes, felt embarrassed for them, but didn't delete it.

>ilegally downloaded Space Cop
>renamed the file "dogshit"
>put it in the trash bin
>start deleting gore and shit images to stack up the bin
>clean the bin
>shitpost on the internet
It deserved everything and more

>Critique movies for a living
>Make shitty movies

How does this work?

Have you ever criticized a movie?

Could you make a better one?

Well there ya go.

I could absolutely make a better movie.

(OP)
good thread

>could

HAVE you made a better movie?

Well it's still awful. Their skits aren't even that bad.

>It's bad!

>Could you do better?

>i-it's bad!

No, I don't have the money or the friends.

Well yeah, I couldn't do better, but I'm not a successful YouTube celebrity with digital cameras and editing software and shit. I don't know what your point is.

/thread

lol faggot

All of their scripted stuff is shit. But that's okay because they're being "ironic".

>Could you make a better one?
Thats not the point.
Arguing that film critics should know how to make a good movie is dumb, but arguing that that you shouldnt criticize a movie because you cant make one yourself, is even more retarded.

And RLM don't have millions of dollars or access to high-level actors.

>mfw pirating is legal in yuroland

They know what makes a good movie.

>Arguing that film critics should know how to make a good movie is dumb, but arguing that that you shouldnt criticize a movie because you cant make one yourself, is even more retarded.
Yeah, no shit. That's the entire point, dumbass.

So do I. So do you, probably. Understanding film on an intellectual level and actualizing a film are two different things.

Knowing what makes a movie, doesnt give you the ability to make a good movie though.
Sometimes you can tell if a shot looks good or that its well executed, but you couldnt recreate it yourself.

You could only get 5 gig rips when I'd have been fine with the 700mb yiffy space cop

>criticize movies for beung shit
>make movie, its really really shit
>haha its ironic guys we meant it to be shit

This motherfucker calls himself a director too.

So we've all established that it's bad then. The rest is just making excuses for why. That's fine.

You forget to add drive, ambition, focus, work ethic, and talent

>>haha its ironic guys we meant it to be shit
RLM have literally never said this. It keeps coming up in threads like this because of people here projecting.

>primer budget $7000
>upstream color budget $50000

irregardless of whether you like these movies, they are unarguably better made then space cop.

>irregardless

>they are unarguably better made then space cop.
Pretty sure RLM themselves wouldn't disagree with that.

They hide behind irony so they can half-ass things.

If it was meant to be good then they should be shot. Clearly they were going for the "so bad its good" schlock b-movie type thing. Deliberately bad, but so far off being good they should be ashamed to ever criticize anything ever since.

Or, you know, they just make comedy videos.
The constant projection in these threads is so fucking weird.

>ITT: a bunch of jealous, lonely permavirgins projecting their insecurities onto a group of people they clearly wish they were in the position of but pretend to hate

Oh look, just another normal RLM thread

Rich pls.
I tolerate you because you came around to not liking TFA, but don't don't push me.

It's just a low budget comedy. They have a sense of humor about the fact that they have no budget, but that's not the same as making something "intentionally bad." They don't have the boom falling into shot or intentionally mismatched editing.

>i want to be a talentless drunk fat fuck who makes videos on youtube for a living
Living the dream eh?

You're right. Probably best to just shtipost on Sup Forums all day.

But the film IS bad, so if they didn't make a bad movie on purpose, they really goofed.
As another user said, it's not even as funny as their little bits in HITB, and those aren't that great to begin with.

Their schtick is clearly ironic alluding to bad films. They certainly COULD hide behind irony to half-ass things. If they were sincere, it would be interesting to see what they can do.

You know why i dont make movies? Because i know i wouldnt be able to make it as good as i wanted. Better to have not made space cop at all tbfqh. Brb gonna download and delete 10 more times to fuck them over.

Would you describe Black dynamite as "ironically bad?"

Definitely. I like parts of that movie and think it goes a little too far at other times, but it also tries its own humor which is equally hit-or-miss.

This is your daily reminder that there hasn't been new RLM content in weeks due to Mike going to the hospital for alcohol poisoning and the crew taking the time off to get him back on his feet. In future reviews Mike will only be drinking water or "near-beer" as he goes through alcohol abuse counseling.

This is your daily reminder that you are a worthless faggot and you will die a virgin.

What do you get out of defending these talentless twats?

Well I'm not gay or a virgin, so I'm guess your post is more about you than it is me.

Before I got a VPN, I downloaded movies and I remember getting notices from my IP for movies I torrented but never actually ended up watching. Shit was weird. I still haven't sent those movies to this day

>spend you're life wanting to be a respected director
>finally shit out space cop
>that was the best you can manage
>??
>alcohol to death

>be me
>torrent space cop
>save it to a thumb drive
>stick it up my ass
>walk around downtown being very friendly to people and shaking their hands
>"Hello how are you?"
>"Good, and you?"
>"I'm doing well. Have a nice day!"
>"Thanks! You too!"
>walk home
>shit it out into a jar
>write today's date on it
>put it on a shelf next to the others

>everyone shits on Space Cop
>I figure it's because Rich simply couldn't carry a two hour movie as the lead
>watch it
>worst part of the movie by far is Mike's character and performance

welp

>>spend you're life wanting to be a respected director
lol What has anyone at RLM ever done that would give you the impression they care about being a "respected director?"

I got this impression from the trailer. It's mike's character/voice when he's in a review and has to explain the mindset of some stupid decision "Oh! We have to get the ship to jump over the asteroid, but where did I park my keeeys!?"

He trolls u

Let's see. If we're going by RLM sill logic like this
then we could extrapolate that Mike shits on respected directors like Lucas (THX 1138, American Graffitti, and ANH are respected) because he's jealous.
Also, Lucas is what Mike wishes he could be. A guy that got so rich that he divorced himself from the studio system and made the prequel trilogy 100% independently.

>where did I park my keeeys!?
>park
>keys
The fuck are you babbling about?

>ship
>jump over
what part of it made sense you dork

this

Wait, space cop is a full length movie? I assumed from what they were saying that it was a silly 10-30 minute short film

>we can extrapolate from shit-stupid fans something about the person they idolize

You're actually going with the Rob Schneider defense? The whole, "Well, yeah, fuck you, you aren't qualified to criticize me and my movie!"

The reality is that they're total hacks, and aren't 1/10th of the filmmakers that they criticize. Doesn't mean they aren't allowed to do it, but they should drop the smug sense of superiority, which is generally a good idea for any aspiring critic.

>dat autism

>If it's so SHIT then why don't you do better!!!

>but they should drop the smug sense of superiority
Wait are you talking about RLM or Sup Forums?

Please explain what about my post seemed autistic to you.
Is anything more involved than black dick a sign of autism for you?

Can you read?

you should spell it out again if it is so clear

I'd rather you just learned to read and/or stopped being a passive aggressive feminized loser.

This, it's tragic that a shitty ironic "I am acting now" performance is the best he can manage. I was hoping he'd actually try

Yeah he's some naive, overly enthusiastic detective and he really hams it up and, damn, it just really doesn't work. Like, right from the start. And it doesn't stop not working.

>have shit taste in film
>make shit films
It's like poetry.

After Space Cop I actually felt sorry for Mike and lost all respect. What a loser.

It sounds like got it right. His acting is like people's singing who are insecure of their own singing and just do a silly voice.

This is probably a character fault w/ you desu

i have created a shot-for-shot remake of space cop with me playing all the parts. It is still being edited but it is indeed better than the rlm vergon so far

>being this emotionally invested

#~5oLU|Q7

uhh... uhm excuse me? I could make masterpieces if I actually tried, I even look a little bit like a heavier Bergman.

I don't think anyone here ever had the balls to call it a good movie. It boggles the mind as to what you're trying to prove here.

>Could you make a better one?
If I dedicated my life to it? fuck yeah!

I think any non-retarded person with enough ambition could. I think RLM are too chickenshit to attempt something genuine so they hide behind the "lol, it's so bad it's good" thing.

>haha its ironic guys we meant it to be shit
Having fun with your strawman, lass? You seem to be confused as to what a "director" is.

>If I dedicated my life to it? fuck yeah!
Yet here you are, wasting your life when you could be bringing us nothing but kinos. Why do you do this to us, your audience?

These threads always give me the vibe of someone holding a grudge with these people and passive-aggressively posting these as a jab to them. Is Gilchrist among our ranks?

The problem that a lot of armchair critics have, is that they don't realize that it's really fucking hard to make a great movie, or even a good one. A George Lucas as director or Zack Snyder is guiding and pushing forward this hugely expensive machine, with hundreds and hundreds of people all pursuing their own little aspect of it, and you're trying to keep all of this on track while still keeping all of these people on board with your artistic ambitions. And all of that, months and months of all those people doing all those things, it all boils down to a two hours of video and sound.

My point is that it's really hard to make a great movie. Every director has had some sub-par work slip through. Movies have a ton of moving parts, and there are tons of ways for something to not work. When a movie comes out inconsistent, or some aspects don't end up working so well, it's pretty understandable. It needs something beyond regular competence and talent and luck to get magic on the screen, and even getting something 80% of the way to brilliance is an Olympic-level accomplishment.

Btw i love black dicks all over my face

You really don't need to dedicate your life to making a good film. You don't need to dedicate your life to make a bad film. Maybe this will convey something to people that it takes more than time or "dedication" to make a good film, and RLM just made a film that was probably exactly how they wanted to give or take some compromises.

I find the fact that you just compared George Lucas with Zack Snyder amusing.

Romanticizing film production is stupid. It's not that anybody can make a good film, but it isn't always soul draining and shaking to make good art. Sometimes it comes easy as fuck, and quickly.

You need talent and ability to be good at anything, and you need self-awareness to know that you don't have that talent or ability. This movie is like those fucks who go on the talent shows who everyone laughs at because they don't even realize how retarded they are. Sad.

It's the most surface-level comparison possible. They both have made big movies. How outrageous of me to observe that.

Nothing that involves that many people is "easy as fuck". Batman vs. Superman was like a 400 million dollar movie. No operation like that will ever be "easy as fuck".

Both have made good and skillful films.
Whether or not you like 300, it was very successful at creating a new visual style that translated Frank Miller's artwork to live action.

Of course. But that's not filmic skill that makes organizing 400 people come together to produce something good. That's something else, and not really an artistic skill in the conventional sense. If, say, a director had a small crew who could express his multi-disciplinary talents with then THAT's artistic skill, but BvM was probably more like Scott + Studio herding the actors and crew, not really an artistic effort desu. It's art sure, but it's as far as you can get from your craft and still call what you make art.

I felt like he should've played himself and just been some cynical asshole. He's funnier and more comfortable in front of the camera in an average episode of HitB than in Space Cop.

>no new vid this weekend

rich is unironically the best actor in rlm

don't you have a patreon to shill

In the end, every movie comes down to the same thing: two (or so) hours of video with sound. It doesn't matter if you're making a documentary with a crew of one guy, or you're directing the energy of thousands of people into making capeshit. The end result is two (or so) hours of video with sound.

In a lot of ways, it's easier to go Soderbergh on the whole thing and film it yourself and edit it yourself. Getting thousands of people to cooperate on a singular vision is a whole different skill-set. Regardless, in the end, whether you're filming it yourself or you're herding thousands of people, what you get is two (or so) hours of video with sound. If anything, the fact that Snyder has been able to consistently get so many different people to match his singular style is an impressive accomplishment. Usually it seems that the more people there are working on something, the more it gets pulled towards the center.

And it is a filmic skill. It's all work that needs to be done to get things on film. It's not like there's a tiny aspect of it that's film-related, but 95% of the work is craft services. It's staging, cinematography, effects, working with actors, costumes, props, all things that end up on screen when, after over a year of work, you get your two hours of movie.

>his singular style
kek. I'm not really about to talk to someone about BvS like it was some success. That film's a mess dude. Don't reply to me.

>That film's a mess dude.
nah
At least, not because of Snyder.