I wonder why african pt sounds closer to eu-pt and our pt sounds different

I wonder why african pt sounds closer to eu-pt and our pt sounds different.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GqOcEUzv5FE
youtube.com/watch?v=Tu5-h4Ye0J0
youtube.com/watch?v=Wy2wkORpplM
youtube.com/watch?v=NmlDjghuTsw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_literature
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_Portuguese#Formal_writing
twitter.com/AnonBabble

more recent

Surprisingly, Africans are better than speaking human language than Brazilians

> poortugal

you became independent almost 200 years before they did, and they don't sound like us most of the time because they like to combine creole and portuguese

Back in the day portuguese didn't had the same accent they do today, so the way we speak here is closely to the way they did.
Kinda like americans and brits.

Eu-pt sounds like shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=GqOcEUzv5FE

No it doesn't and it's the original too

>it's the original
So what? Have you ever heard of improvement?

youtube.com/watch?v=Tu5-h4Ye0J0

It's not. Brazilian-PT had fewer phonetic changes throughout history than Moortuguese-PT.

It's not improvement, it's watering down a language. New world languages are disgusting

holy shit lmao I know you brazilians try to claim that brazilian portuguese is a different language but it being the original portuguese is a whole new level

>ever heard of improvement?

The improvement, lmao, your accent is a mixed of pure portuguese with african and amerindian or other euro meltingpot......

the glory, poetry, is as usually our's:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wy2wkORpplM

youtube.com/watch?v=NmlDjghuTsw

but whatever you say pal... we just want distance from you

Lmao that video.

That's the reason I'll always love Northern Portuguese girls. Their accent is just too good.

African blacks were taught by whites up until the 1970's.

You guys started teaching each other since the 1820's.

Explain why modern rural Galician sounds like modern Portuguese still? You guys got a few more African words and Spanish influence (and other European languages as well).

Out thick stress-timed accent comes from as far back as the visigoths, and even Catalan has it (only Castillians lost it) (broa is said similar to bröd in Nordic countries, for example.)

Regardless, both versions of Portuguese sound nice anyway. The language is great like that.

>watering down
I hope you realize that Portuguese itself is a watered down version of something else.

The big differences that I can think of is that they use "thou" and we like to use "you" in spoken language. They also like to use "vós", they prefer to say "amo-te" instead of "Eu te amo". They prefer to say "Eu estou a falar" instead of using the gerund "Eu estou falando". We have different slangs

lol, if that were the case then Galician wouldn't sound almost the same as Northern Portuguese which it does. Are you actually baiting this badly ?

Uma delícia

>poetry
I can guarantee you that we aren't lacking in that department.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_literature

The ênclise/próclise switch happened here, but the second place substitution happened there. We also use the future and conditionals less often than you guys (even though we still use them).

You guys cannot deny that both "Eu lhes darei a vocês" and "Eu vou-vos dar" sound worse than "Dar-vos-ei".

We should all go back to using proper Camonian Portuguese, all of us.

>A insultar literatura, arte ou comida Brasileira
Foda-se, meu. Nem oito nem oitenta. Por muito que odeies Zucas, não lhes podes acusar disso.

Yea, that's why we had a nobel prize of Literatura.
Not to mention Pessoa or Camões.

That's beside the point. Brazil has great writers still.

And neither Camões nor Pessoa would be awarded a Nobel prize today, and that makes them no less the writers either.

I didn't say you guys don't have great writers but just because we didn't win a nobel prize doesn't mean that our writers are shit. Many great writers haven't won one.
Read Machado de Assis and Guimarães Rosa.

Portuguese sounds like Russian

>he rates Saramago

>the flame war thread

Its the portuguese accent really, and I've never notice that before Sup Forums desu.

Motherfucker, if you'd ever read Pessoa you'd know that he held Brazil in high regard as basically a breeding ground for Lusos and would be second in command in the proposed fifth empire.

It happened to me in America once. I heard people speaking Russian and when I paid attention, it was Portuguese. Which is weird as fuck.

We say "cnfrtávl" instead of "confortável", and we don't even notice.

>Motherfucker, if you'd ever read Pessoa you'd know that he held Brazil in high regard as basically a breeding ground for Lusos and would be second in command in the proposed fifth empire.

Fuck off delusional shitskin. fifth empire? go take your meds.
Nothing besides Portugal and Europe is relevant.

While Pessoa and Camões were better than anything we've produced (Camões being one of the GOATS), we do have plenty of good writers, both for prose and poetry.

Reminder that in Brazil, the second person doesn't exist

UMA DJILICIA

>few phonetic changes
>literally a fucking amalgamation of different accents brought by african slaves,europeans and amerindians.

What an absolute bunch of sad people...
This is the basis of brazillian patriotism ladies of gentlemen,literally on the same level of indian/islamic obsession.
This is what we have to deal with on the internet,uneducated brazillians that spout shit that they've heard from someone on a favela,and this guys on Sup Forums are supposed to be smarter than the rest of their people but their nationalism is high and blatant that they say stupid shit like this
Imagine a fucking nigger in south africa saying that afrikaans is older than dutch

Yeah he went to tha favelas and got shot. Poor guy

It does when we have to write proper Portuguese. We're still taught "tu" and "vós" correctly at school. Your language works the same as ours in that regard. You use "you" instead of "thou"

>Brazilian and European Portuguese differ little in formal writing

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_Portuguese#Formal_writing

>mfw hues can't pronounce Brazil and say "Brazio" instead

People did back in the day. My grandfather for example pronounced the l. If you do it nowadays you'll sound like you came from the 30s

*gets shot*

Even worse, they say Brasíú

>if you speak properly it sounds like you came from the 30s

You guys say "mérinha" and "bain" instead of "marinha" and "bem" and English people don't pronounce the 'r' in 'work'

Irish people don't say the "th" sound. We're not the only ones saying different shit.

Ah come on dude. It's a fucking accent.

No it's a fucking speech disorder

No,we don't?
Stop deflecting like a fucking nigger please...

Yeah because in Portugal everyone has the same accent, right?
Do you think Americans, Australians, Irish people and Canadians have a speech disorder because they don't have the same accent as English people? Even in England they have a lot accents

>stop deflecting
wut? We have a different accent. There are accents in all language.

IPA for bem according to wiktionary:
Portugal: bɐ̃j̃
Brazil: /bẽj̃/

>Ah come on dude. It's a fucking accent
/thread right here

Of fucking course you're right. Half this thread is bait and the other half are morons too dense to avoid it.

>Being srs on 4chin

>abbreviating Portuguese as "pt"
please don't do that

Though one can argue that a natural accent so thick it hinders learning new languages could be considered a speech impediment

The brazillian one right?Because we can speak brazillian portuguese aswell...And probably even better.

>probably even better
Oh yeah that makes total sense. It's like how British people can speak American English better than Americans NOT

Wait, why is the southerner the one with the gay flag but that flaming gay singer is right next to it representing good things about the north?