God damn, this did not deserve to win over La La Land

God damn, this did not deserve to win over La La Land.

It's a well done movie, but it goes over too many familiar beats.

>bad parenting
>bullying
>sexual confusion/discovery (this time gay)
>drug selling

Etc etc etc., all very prevalent in other movies just like this. I did not find Chiron's transformation into a magazine cover, bodybuilder model believable at all, and the movie seems content on just... trudging through. At some points it almost seems to revel in making the main character THE MOST MISERABLE anyone can possibly be. And that's all leaving aside the cringy dialogues that the kids have.

>10 year old: u slingin some dop 2day man
>other 10 year old: nah bruh im weak as hell from banging a cracked up ho last night shit boiii

Come on.

>implying meme meme land deserved to win

like what movies

Typical boring movie with long pans and silences.

i agree

I really enjoyed Ali's performance, whether or not he deserved his Oscar is up in the air because he only really acted for like half an hour.

The second act's end was fantastic, I actually got dizzy when the camera was following the bully dude as he was pacing in circles. The chair scene made me hold my breath the entire way through.

The use of sound was fairly well done, some great shots here and there too.

That's all I really enjoyed about the movie, the final act really fell flat for me. I just couldn't shake the feeling that this movie was just designed to be Oscar bait. The production of the film being done in under 25 days was impressive, but I don't think it deserved the win over La La Land at all. I was also hoping for full on gay penetration at one point, but I didn't get that.

Every movie released by Hollywood in le current year is shit

Over Moonlight it did, I haven't seen all the other ones so I can't talk about them yet.

La La Land is at least original in its joyness, especially in an era when we're getting increasingly "realistic" movies that seem to understand "reality" as some dull, dreary and depressing thing. It was pretty much flawlessly directed and the shots are by far more memorable not to mention that banger of an ending.

Story's subjective I guess, in which one you preffer, but I like La La Land's better as well, in which it felt more natural to me, or at least not as forced, because it didn't ground itself in reality as much. I felt the relationship happened organically in that movie and ended organically (it doesn't even really "end," I got the impression Seb really thought they'd meet up again and get together someday, but it never happened), unlike Moonlight. Most of the conflicts seemed unnatural and hammed in for me. I mean Jesus Christ, do we really need the stereotypical, totally mean bully with no remorse ever?

It's almost Coming of Age 101.

well said.

Huh, better response than I expected

>a movie about black people shit

Like anyone will watch that

>when you're on Sup Forums so long you only expect shitposts

affirmative action nigger movie won, cause niggers bitched about mu blacks don't get Oscar or nominated

Lalaland was hot garbage. Get some taste you mongoloid.

>La La Land is at least original in its joyness
What the fuck does this even mean?

>this movie is original because it has rainbows in it

It's literally explained in the next sentence, but I guess pretending to be retarded was the priority for you.

>It's literally explained in the next sentence
>"durr, some other movies are grey, this one has so much COLOR, that's why this one is original!"

Tinker Bell films confirmed Best Original Concept.

And you faggots wonder why you can't ever agree with RT.

Just accept the fact that you were exposed as a retard gracefully and don't embarass yourself any more.

it might help your cause a bit to provide actual arguments rather than resorting to insults to defend la la land

>responds to a posts with arguments by saying WAT THE FUCK U MEAN LMAO TINKER BELL
>gets mad when called a retard

You're only hurting yourself.

I agree with him, that sentence is completely nonsensical.

moonlight was good, but i feel like it was too short, or they focused too much on child chiron and not enough on adult chiron.

i didn't read the book so i don't know how accurate it all is anyway.

i'm not that guy, just claiming that you're not much better than him when all you do insult him, or in the case of this post, me.

for all your attitude you yourself haven't made a single actual argument in favor of la la land.

I'm the OP, I posted and it has all the reasons I think La La Land is better, way beyond

>TINKER BELL? LMAO FAGGOT FAGGOT

You can disagree all you want, but to say there are "no arguments" just because they aren't convenient to you personally is beyond moronic and you don't deserve to ever participate in any debate if you're gonna pull that shit.

>unashamedly admitting he's samefagging his own thread
Wow.

I never pretended to be anyone else, thanks for both bumping AND showing you have no answer.

Come back and get fucked again any time you want.

Even with the awful ending to the second act Moonlight is miles above La La Land.
But I also have never been one who gives points for spectacle, so La La Land loses most of its appeal

You're welcome, enjoy your samefagging general.

Man, even threads with actual discussion have been pure shit on Sup Forums lately

>redditchan hates la la land before oscars
>homo black movie wins over it
>wtf la la land was kino!
be quiet

>Moonlight
>Manchester by the sea

where them plots at

Sup Forums was polarized about la la land before the oscars, and it obviously still is. And hasn't Sup Forums always disliked Moonlight?

maybe you should be quiet.

As I understand it, black people are among the most homophobic. I can see why this movie has an impact.