Have you ever met an American?

Have you ever met an American?

What was it like

I wanted to punch my dad in the face

yes, most of them are naive as kids and yes most of them are fat.

naive in what way exactly

they believe everything you say them , also they are kinda dumb, and always smile, like kids, you know

Yes, most Americans are nice people, but lack self awareness.

A couple of years ago, when it was my first year at uni, a journalist, who was working for some british travelling/cultural magazine specialized on Caucasus/Middle Asia, was doing a little speech about modern english/us language/culture and answering some questions from the students.
But I was too shy at the time and only got enough bravery when the q&a was already over. Not only that, I also got a little afraid of speaking with a native speaker, so I was doing lots of mistakes. But the guy was really chill, cheerful and supportive, answered for much more time than my questions deserved, using lots of examples and analogies.
Americans online mostly suck though, Jesus fucking Christ.

Fat in what way exactly

some were of a kind of obesity you never see here, like human whales you know

You can't pin down what being an american is, but Id assume most Americans are true to themselves

What you see is what you get, mostly

My family had to sit next to them at dinners when I was on a cruise as a kid. They were constantly trying to create conversation, which was pretty annoying.

Yes, most of them are black and/or fat

kids in what way exactly

I've met an 80 years old jewish lady from NY whon unironically voted for Trump despite herself being very open minded.

Behave like they deserve guidance, help and to be entertained in everything they do

I met some australians and they were kinda like the americans, but a little less naive

in the way they believe earth is 6,000 years old, like those kids that refuse to believe that santa klaus doesn't exist despite all his classmates telling him tha his parents are the ones buying his presents for christmas

most in what way exactly

Met an American chick over here. She was fucking dumb but atleast she put out.

I've met a few growing up, my uncle owned a restaurant and went there often, really nice easy going people, but I guess it's biased since they were on vacation of course.

They eat a lot too, like far above average, some of them asked 2 or 3 main courses of pasta dishes or pizza, always asked to see the cook and compliment him for the meal, many of them said it's the best food they ever had.

did they tip you?

Lots. Actually top lads, except that one fatty New Yorker gal who wouldn't shut the fuck up about Jews. I almost bed her though

Not sure if you are memeing or not but they didn't tip me of course, I didn't work there it was just my uncle's restaurant.

I met an Alec Baldwin at a grocery store in Los Angeles last year. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didnt want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, Oh, like youre doing now?

I was taken aback, and all I could say was Huh? but he kept cutting me off and going huh? huh? huh? and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like Sir, you need to pay for those first. At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually to prevent any electrical infetterence, and then turned around and winked at me. I dont even think thats a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Met a few actually, one was a ugly retarded druggie and the other was a qt architect who I had a chat with in bar in spain.

here in America, not tipping makes you literally a subhuman scum. It's the worst possible thing you can do

A lot of these young kids who work at restaurants are paid below minimum wage, and are expected to make up the rest through tips. This is supposed to teach them responsibility and customer service skills.

It's so strange that you wouldn't tip when you eat at a restaurant. 20% tip is customary. If you get really bad service, the way you protest is by not leaving a tip, which is considered a huge insult. Alternatively, if you get really good service you tip more.

ITT: reasons to stay at home

which is a trick to get people to pay more so the restaurants barely have to pay their employees so both customer and employee suffers from a fun lil cultural trick

>which is a trick to get people to pay more
Or it's just a way to tie performance to pay. When I was doing factory and machining work, I would have gladly traded my hourly pay for piecework.
Jesus... Why so cynical, ya dirtbag?

Never met one in my life

My first experiences with Americans were in Costa Rica a few years ago. Most were fat and were extremely disrespectful to the staff working in restaurants/parks. On the other hand we met two NY couples who we shared a taxi with and they were pretty chill.

The general vibe among American tourists seems to be that they are entitled to shit just because they are on a vacation, resulting in them acting rude to natives. Maybe that's because they only have like 2 weeks of vacation in a year. I'm going to America next year and I'm expecting the experience to be a lot better there but the fact that I'm a huge Ameriboo might skew my expectations

>tie performance to pay
Except it doesn't. You're expected to tip for a very basic service? If you get a basic, average server here, you don't tip. If he performs above expectations, then you tip. He went the extra mile so you pay the extra money. Whereas Americans pay more to receive standard service

>I'm going to America next year
I doubt that, but I'd like to be proven wrong. If you're going to judge this country based on NYC, Las Vegas, anywhere in Florida, or any other meme location that all foreign tourists go to, then you deserve to be treated badly.

>don't judge my countrymen because you met them in a place with the largest concentration of my countrymen
?

Why are you acting as though it's mandated by law?
>8,000,000/320,000,000+
That's a very stupid point. Ask any American outside of NYC; that place does NOT represent the average American.

My girlfriend is American, she is nice but sometimes crazy. Every other American I met in person has been very nice welcoming people except when they drive, they get very mad :)

>Mexican flag
Nice try, Pedro.

>when they drive, they get very mad
This is true, especially if there's a slow car in front of us that we can't pass.

Yes, it was a couple, i killed and beheaded the guy and raped the girl ;D fug that was a gud day

thats Italian flag, nice try LGBT Kangaroo

I'm going to NYC (and probably Boston as well) but I'm not expecting that to be the "real America" as the country is too big to get a good grasp of the culture if you only visit one city. Ideally I'd like to visit every state someday because as I said, I'm a filthy Ameriboo teebeehee.

Why do you think that is? Every place has road rage but even the really nice ones I met end up having a really bad temper on the road, towards bad drivers but also towards pedestrians.

I have met many freedom loving americans through my travels. They are nice people, who are not afraid to strike off a conversation. They do strike me as a bit weird sometimes, but oh well, cultural differences. Some were cool as can be, some were shady or downright dumb, but it's OK, because it's America and you are allowed to be dumb if you want.

I wish to move to America. I want the freedoms to shoot guns on my land and smoke pot in my back yard, and I want to pick my own health insurance. I do not think I would fit in, I would probably always be "that european guy", but it's OK since i'm already "that guy" here as well.

gib green card pls

yes, many
the most friendly and helpful people I have ever met tbqh

it is a stereotype that people from New York and LA have lots of road rage

I am eating peanutbutter on knekkebrod and drinking dr pepper for breakfast am I american yet?

kys cuck

I prescribe you noose around neck for your homosexual communist debauchery

>was fat/chubby
>was jolly and social
>told he had been shot in the past in the foot

If you go to MN, ND, WI or maybe SD, or IA you can find a place to fit in pretty well. You know almost all the Scandinavians that have moved to the US moved to that area, right? You can get lefse in grocery stores there around xmas. There are special laws to prevent employers from banning lutefisk as a boxed lunch by workers in Wisconsin.

You could also look into Arizona. For some reason a lot of us Norwegians have been retiring there from our homes back in the Midwest.

On all levels except physical.

Americans are cool. I have, however, never met a single okay frenchman.

Hello friends

I provide picture

Greetings from Oslo

>I do not think I would fit in
That's beauty of the place. There's a place for almost any kind of person somewhere in this country.

Yes but all the white people look the same, so no.

I've met a lutheran pastor and his family once, good people, good sense of humour, fat, his kids liked Football more than Handegg, they always ate ethnic food, the father was a little bit too much rough with his kids.

Had an American online gf - dumb as shit.

I have been to Minnesota and it was very very nice but I could not find a single open chick fil a in the whole city which made me really really sad

I did however get talked to by a random stranger while waiting in line at starbucks (americans are very very social!) and the nice lady was a Norwegian-American! It was pretty funny because her family came from the same area as parts of mine! Very nice

I think I might want to move to maybe New Hampshire because there are many freedoms there and not many taxes except property tax

*incoherent patriotic yelling*

I very much liked how open minded people were in the US of A, in one place I saw a man walking around with a AK-pattern rifle on his back, glock in his waistband, all the while people were openly smoking pot around him. Nobody thought much of this, for these were americans in their natural setting

new hampshire is hell of a place

Two mormons. John and Boby. I had sorry for them. There was two amers, evning, dark park, many drunk ukrainians and these two guys are walking and speaking to everybody in terrible ukrainian. Hello, I see you have nice evning with many beer, also do you want hear something about reall God? Ha-ha-ha.
In that moment i feel respect to them. It was very brave. Stupid but brave.

Too materialistic, money and status is everything that their lives are all about.

Chik fil a is more of a southern thing. You could try a white castle. We have a few other regional chains.

You're not going to have an easy time finding chik fil a in NH either.

Some of the most clueless and arrogant people I've met.
Can't really get mad at them, tho

>filename

>triggered

A American wanted to photograph the Amazon and I was his translator. He had a good chunk of the stereotypes.
He was a equatorian-American (yes, he talked about his heritage), drank coke in the morning, wasn't obese but still had s prominent belly and was a normal bloke overall

You make a valid point but I think it is misleading in a way, americans do not strike me as materialistic by choice but more like they become helpless without their gadgets and doo-dads. Incapable of starting fire without firestarter liquid and incapable of going camping without RV and fridge and all strange appliances

many americans are very spiritual and believe much in God, and are not so attached to physical objects in a mental way but they are dependent on them yes

>americans in charge of camping
this is one part americans cannot do

I did not try Chick fil A until I was in Texas, I found it in Colorado several times as well

what is white castle? Are they the ones who serve the mini hamburger? In texas I saw the weirdest thing, it was like a teeny tiny hamburger which you could gulp down in one bite, you would put them in the microwave but the americans I was with said it was "sausage", but it was obviously not sausage it was mini hamborger

I understand wholly and fully why americans are so fat and I think it's ok desu because their fast food is worth an early death

Well was it sausage meat? That would mean there is no hamburger patty if it's a sausage patty.

White castle does make small hamburgers. Small hamburgers are called "sliders." But what's unique at White castle is that they actually put down onions and put the burger patty on the onions and they steam there instead of grilling. Search white castle on youtube and you'll see it.

>tfw your country has just subway, burger kangz, micky Ds, and Dominos

Dominos is expensive as shit here too

at least we have Maxburger

>Well was it sausage meat?
How am I supposed to know? American food consists mostly of ingredients that look like scrambled symbols from chemistry book

it is a mystery

Can someone please explain to me what the fuck "dip 'n dots" are? I ate it and it was the weirdest shit ever, not even lady selling it knew what was

I must try this white castle

dip 'n dots are just tiny balls of ice cream. Little girls love them.

like, take liquid ice cream and drop it into liquid nitrogen, you'll get little perfect spheres of hard ice cream. And make a bunch of them of different flavored ice cream and then fill a cup with them.

My mom had an American bf who was an ex marine and worked as circus clown

Yes, I've met a few. Most memorable time was when I met a qt american guy in japan, we ended up going to an onsen in kyoto, then going out drinking for hours, then making out and rubbing our dicks together under a bridge as it rained, then we went back to my hostel and we did more sexy things together. We spent the next day together, then he left and flew back to the states. We still talk on facebook occasionally.

>under a bridge as it rained
Perfect place to not be bothered. Japanese cant stand getting wet, so they'd never find you.

Actually after about 5 minutes we realised that there was a passed out homeless person about 20 metres away. That part isn't as romantic.

Should have made it a 3way, bro.

I'm not that kind of guy user.

America is a shithole now. Nobody gives a fuck about the country anymore and they're just here to use it a whore to make money. That's all it is. A bunch of disgusting brown desert people and niggers who could not give a single fuck less about it. There is nothing to be an Ameriboo about.

It's called small talk. They want to say something meaningless and general to seem relatable. They can't stand starting a conversation with something substantial.

Yeah, he asked me for directions, I gave them to him and he muttered something about me not being fluent in English. Dumb cunt literally couldn't understand a non-American accent.

He wasn't fat though

hey

most Australians who travel the world are upper middle class cunts if I'm completely honest. I feel bad for the rest of the world for having to deal with them.

I meet them all the time. Some are normal but mist are stupid cunts

When I was around 12 I went to Disney and after we spent a weekend in a mom's friend house, she had a daughter that was 13.

My first kiss.

Her daughter was kinda crazy, not the cool type tho.

They are obnoxious, but I met an american couple in Tokyo. They were muslims, way better than all the annoying white trash I've seen in the US, Argentina and around Japan.

>iPhone fag crying about literally nothing
fuck off