Fun Fact of the Day

In Sweden, some parts of Finland and Norway, and, less known, in Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Denmark and Iceland, there's a community called the Raggares (known in Norway as Råner), who are basically weeaboos, except they are obsessed with the United States instead of Japan, and they collect old 1950s - 70s cars instead of ninja weapons. Related to 'greasers' in the US, there are many different raggare communities and villages, who roleplay as Americans during different periods, ranging from 40s to modern day.

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GJltEILIO8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=39KxZiNG96c
youtu.be/DLNA8uPhXbE
crazy-box-berlin.de
youtube.com/watch?v=M1pPwnah_eM
youtube.com/watch?v=AbVuGromaYk
youtube.com/watch?v=cpvV1Us5ntU
youtu.be/8S_Ja5DYn1o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>cruise around in ratty american shitboxes
>drink beer
>listen to rock 'n roll
They're all good in my book

How strange. Why is it a thing in scandinavia and nowhere else in the world?

Every wednesday these people get together on the harbour in my town with their old american cars and cruise around the city

Met two Germans and a Fingolian girl that were into American cars and 50s shit but didn't know there was a term for it. I do know that Sweden and Germany have more classic Cadillacs than the US now.

If I had money, I would like to buy classic american muscle car too. These cars are amazing. Pinnacle of car design.

Americans couldn't unironically roleplay their own rednecks

>some parts

It's awesome! My brother had a '58 Cadillac that I've tagged along with sometimes. Drinking beer/vodka, listening to rock n roll and nice girls. A cars out night in Sweden is called a 'cruising'. There are a shit load of crusings every summer all around Sweden.

I dont think they are really role playing. Modern day raggares are just doing it for fun and keeping the old raggare culture alive.

Ive heard they also fly the confederate flag

the fuck are you on about, they're useless pieces of shit. Inferior in every sense to almost every other car.

>cruising
>Sweden

Isn't that literally what fagots do to meet up edit other random fagots in a park and fuck in the bushes?

youtube.com/watch?v=GJltEILIO8Y

This must be strange for visiting Americans

chill my friend, take it.

Sometimes I wish I had friends

>less known, in Austria, Germany

There is an (small) community of people here that roleplay as americans on the weekend and collect these kind of cars / dress like someone from that time.
But I have never seen this kind of trash you posted. People here treat their cars really good.

>pic kind related

why feminist dictatorship still allows this kind of bigotry?

Yes they do, and share it even to their kids

watch from 8:01 onward
youtube.com/watch?v=39KxZiNG96c

Seem like some cool dudes.

How authentic are they? Do they fight wars for Israel too?

Most people here also treat cars really good but then there is this small subculture where people continue the tradition like in the 70's-80's when only available american cars where old pieces of crap, parts were hard to find and there were not much money anyway.

They have their own show here, it's trash.
youtu.be/DLNA8uPhXbE

This faggot is pretty well known in Norway

I was in a shop in Berlin that sold a lot of that 50's Rockabilly type merchandise, even bought a cool t-shirt because I like that aesthetic

crazy-box-berlin.de

The singer from Dimmu Borgir also has a Texasboo band

I'd put our american car enthusiast in three categories: People who have a beat up "lauluauto" (most likely an 80's GM estate) simply for cruising around with their m8s, people who have nice classic cars they spend ten times more time polishing than driving and lastly there's the people who have classic cars they build to look like lauluautos but are actually very well taken care of. The last ones are most likely to be saved from the crusher, nobody is going to fuck up a classic worth any actual money for this

>Scandi-bogans.

Who would have thought it.

Here's an Americaboo Ragger band from the 1970s
youtube.com/watch?v=M1pPwnah_eM
youtube.com/watch?v=AbVuGromaYk

youtube.com/watch?v=cpvV1Us5ntU

2white2beamerican

youtu.be/8S_Ja5DYn1o
hillbillyboos best boos

My cousin is one of those types.

Pic related, biggest Ameriboo in Norway.

>Swedish "Raggare" subhumans
Treat their american cars like shit and turn them into rusty shitboxes that could fit into the Mad Max universe

>Norwegian AMCAR master race
Restore and/or maintain their American cars in pristine condition, drive them on special occations and vacations etc. and mostly in good weather so they last longer. Actual human beans.

>Norwegian "Rånere"
Similar in behaviour and trashiness to Raggare but hey drive all kinds of cars, american, european and asian.

>pretty well known

I guess it's more common for rånere who lives in towns in east Norway (Halden) to drive american cars. Rånere else where drive ordinary cars

there is this raggari car event in forssa called pick nick and it's held annually.

there are no raggare villages, i dont know where you got that from. but it is overwhelmingly a rural and small town phenomenon and also distintcly blue collar/working class. which makes it fairly unique among youth subcultures which are mostly middle class, like punks or goths.

all in all its a good thing eventhough they're obviously not the most productive members of society. if nothing else it acts a pretty decent vaccine against liberalism.