Does anyone still read movie novelizations?

Does anyone still read movie novelizations?

I'd hope not, but I know better than that sadly.

>reading
XIXth Century called they wanted their entertainment back

Somebody must, or they wouldn't be worth making.

Last time I was at a bookstore, there was a bundled set of the Star Wars film novelizations as if they were their own series of books

The only movie novelization I've ever read was the novelization of Terminator Salvation because it was written by Timothy Zahn and I found it at the library

I know you're baiting but this still manages to both enrage and depress me. The latter, mostly, when I think about the people who really feel that way and miss out on so much.

The Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy was pretty good for a novelisation.

>entertainment
Spoken like a true pleb. If you ever learn to appreciate art, you'll realize it's not about gross consumption.

There's a niche for everything, as I've learned over the years. I used to have an autistic Asian friend who was obsessed with Halo and Assassin's Creed merchandise. Bought the novelizations and everything.

Please tell me the hitchiker's novelization comment is sarcasm?

only old people still read genre shit, books aren't for entertainment any more.

People who say the books are better than the film also can't appreciate film

So stupid. Like those stupid lord and hobbit books. Just watch the original movies. Not these dumb novelizations. Nerds

Got a point there - the two media are incommensurable, they rely on different fields of expertise and knowledge to be made and they work in utterly different ways even if they "tell the same story".

Also, they dont even get the scenes right. Theyre different than the movie. Who outsources these fools to write shit

I bought the Iron Man movie novel because I was curious how they were going to describe the sex scene at the beginning of the film between Tony Stark and the blonde qt reporter. However, I was very disappointed to find out that this scene in particular had been removed. I tried to return it to Big Lots, but they wouldn't take it because there was a fucking crease on the cover of the book. I still have it.

The TDKR novelization is a must read if you want to learn more about CIA

Do you realise that Hitch-hiker's was originally a radio series?

>TFW read it for meme purposes

It's for fucking ten year olds. Goosebumps has more mature writing.

>Bane was a bad guy and he deserved to suffer

The novelization of the original Ghostbusters is actually pretty good and mentions some interesting stuff about their family and childhoods. Eventually they even got the writer to write episodes of the cartoon.

Only novelization I've ever read was for Attack of the Clones because R.A. Salvatore wrote it. It was still shit

My greatest shame is buying and reading all of the Doom and Samurai Warrior novelizations. The Doom books get fucking weird as balls, though.

Why are novelizations even a thing? For people who can't stand going to the movies? I never could wrap my head around it.

It's for blind people you retard

no, they're for deaf people you retard

I actually find them pretty interesting in that inane hobbyist sort of way. I've been collecting the older ones for a while. The Goonies is a personal fave.

Yep In the Mouth of Madness