Ski Jumping in Garmisch-Partenkirchen

One of the most famous and legendary Ski Jumping competitions, the New Year's competition in Garmisch is about to start! Who will win the comfy winter classic? Will Freitag take the lead in the overall tour?

Trial round was rather windy and unpredictable. Freitag was easily the most convincing, Kubacki presented himself in fine shape. Kraft and Stoch with rather bad jumps, but I'd expect much better in the competition.

Freitag will win a competition or two but no German is ever going to win the 4HT again

also happy new year

Young Prevc already choked

Happy new year czechbro.

I'd still consider Freitag to be the huge favourite for the 4 hills win this year, but we'll see. Would love to see Kamil or Dawid or Stefan win of course.

Tande's completely lost his form. What a shame.

>wind +10
What the fuck.

>you now remember the Michael Schumacher of ski jumping

Bartol!!!

what the fuck is a bartol

dober dan my slovenian bros
that was a nice one

Man I liked Schmitt back in the day. Comfy memories from childhood.

What a jump by Bartol! Amazing jump all around, but also a bit disappointed that the wind is changing so much right now. From +12 to 0 in a couple minutes.

I haven't really watched ski jumping since my grandpa passed away in 2010 (he was a huge fan).
Any of the old gods still around?

only Kasai really

same to you

>Kraft

wtf Kraft

Schluchtenscheißer BTFO

Kasai, Ammann, Ahonen still jump. Damjan and Kranjec too. Funaki and Okabe occasionally jump in competitions in Hakuba/Sapporo. I think that's about it.

Quite a surprise by Kraft. I mean, I did expect a 10-20 ranking by him, but not this - he won't even qualify to second round at this rate!

is this /bundes/?

>lelstria

no, this is /Karter/

>Schlierenzauer saving Austria from being absolutely BTFO

>LGTSS
KRAFT
AUSTRIA

Kraft not in the final round.

Österreich BTFO

XD

>Austrians
kek

With so critical speeds, it seems that even a small tail wind results in way worse jumps than normally. Just compare Wellinger with Geiger's jump, with quite similar power at the take-off and similar technique, Geiger's jump was throughout the flight phase a couple meters higher. Really wish they could compensate better, but I don't think anything can be done.

Also seen there in Wolny's jump, shouldn't have flown that far in comparison with R.Kobayashi, for example.

>Koudelka
why is life full of pain and suffering

Why do we suck so much?

>Štursa
is this real life?

Slovenes and Norwegians dominating a competition with low speeds and potential headwind in the later flight phases. Nice to see nothing has changed lol

Czechs and Finns equally, lol

S T O C H
T
O
C
H

Amazing by Kamil! Might not be a knockout jump, but very cool and balanced with perfect style (How is that not a 19,5?).

Nice by Junshiro too.

Stoch is back in form and is going to dominate the OG

Wow, a rare mistake by Freitag there in the takeoff, quite noticeably late. Not a big mistake, but costs quite a lot... Good for Kamil!

Freitag reeeee

Hannawald-curse is real, >we will never stop choking

>Kožíšek
so close yet so far

No! Such a disappointment for Hula. Late and then imbalanced in the air, very unstable... I hope he can fix things a bit in the second round.

>name is Kraft
>seems to have no Kraft

laughed

Kraft durch (Severin) Freu(n)d(e)

A bit of a more classic Kubacki jump, losing all the speed in the end and falling like a rock... Though also with horrible wind conditions. Still good for him in the overall tour, didn't break it completely.

Terrible wind.
Peter Prevc had almost same bad wind as Hula and did a great jump. If Prevc had normal wind he would be top 3 today I think.

Bad wind, yeah, but the bad takeoff is just as much to blame for it.

True with Prevc, that was top notch jumping. I hope he or Bartol can finish on the podium today. Poland/Japan/Slovenia is a pretty damn comfy podium desu.

>you teach a girl, you teach a generation
what did eurosport mean by this?

but wtf Tilen Bartol?

saved. We never have webms posted in these threads. If only they were posted in those biathlon and ski racing threads I would visit them more.

can Stoch win the ski flying WC?

yay

Hannu Lepistö always said that Stoch can well win it. He said that while the media has always talked about Stoch's inability to ski fly well, Stoch's technique should actually be one of the best for ski flying. And being one of the best competitors in ski jumping, nerves should not be an issue.

That being said, I'd say that Wellinger, Kraft, Forfang, Freitag and Fannemel have all a better chance of winning it this year, but dunno... I hope he can win it and further cement his position as one of the best ski jumpers ever.

Shame about Hula, broke mentally

fucking commie state tv in charge of streaming without lag

why do Germans like to wave corporate flags at sporting events?

autism

based Damjan

offered without comment

It's a bit sad watching Schlieri jump nowadays. The technique is so bleak and unaggressive compared to his best days. One of the best, most active jumping styles of all time... and now this.

Kubacki get it together at the take-off, forward not up

yeah,he's scared to get injured again. it's really noticable.

Prevc now pls don't choke

he didn't!!!

Kek

The fuck with those >135 jumps now?

Really nice by Prevc, good job.

True. It's the same with Larinto, he hasn't been the same since 2011

Just amazing by Freitag, the best jump in this competition. What an effort.

based webm user

>his country doesn't wave corporate flags to push his champion
Top lel

Not the wind again

In the alpine city event later we'll have Norwegian flags with brown cheese commercial

Yeah. Still only gonna be second I fear.

Are judges rigging Freitag?

No. Norwegians got higher scores than him.

autocorrect: Nigerians got hot sluts then him.

With this wind, I dunno. Fun to see what they're gonna do now.

German cunts delaying so Freitag wins. Fucking disgusting.

Lel, should they cancel 2nd round, then Freitag is far away.

Hofer suck my dick

Implying this isn't the comfiest part of ski jumping.

Not bad Bartol

of course they'll do anything to freitag win

they didn't have an excuse then, weather was good

STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH STOCH

He is a handsome man, wouldn't mind a good sucking myself.

Based Stoch

gg 1v1 me innsbruck

KAMIL KAMIL KAMIL

What a man's man Kamil is, nerves of steel and manners of a gentleman. Amazing jumper!

gg

Dayum

amazing jump from stoch

Decently far ahead of FREITAG now.

nice competition today

S T O C H G O A T

yfw krauts tried to sabotage his last jump

>German wind gods couldn't stop S t o c h