BvS

If it's so bad, why does it generate so much more discussion, interest, and overall memorability than Civil War?

Exactly. It's easily one of the best cape films, with some actual visual beauty and depth. Felt like a graphic novel.

Even my normie dad told me he watched it on HBO and liked it. Hating on it was a Facebook/Reddit type meme gone awry, people just wanna fit in.

Because it took chances and didn't feel like it was made in a factory like most Marvel films.

Because it's the same DC stans that bring it up. You can't shut up about can you? You just have to keep talking about how it's 2deep4u and better than Marvel.

>generating discussion=/= good

See Donald Trump.

Because you idiots keep making threads

Its shit end off

They're both shit movies, but at least BvS had a tiny bit of artistic integrity

Mass Effect Andromeda has generated more discussion than any other game lately. Because it's fucking shit. Let that sink in when you think about bvs generating more discussion.

Tldr Sup Forums prefers discussing disasters.

>why do people like talking about disasters instead of boring generic films

i dunno man, if you'll excuse me i'm going back to watching tsunami clips on youtube

Moreso because it's new. Never really hear any discussion about No Man's Sky anymore.

>If the Holocaust was so bad, why does it generate so much more discussion, interest, and overall memorability than last Thursday?

Because it's so fucking bad and supposed to be a symbol, it's funny

>why does it generate so much more discussion, interest, and overall memorability than Civil War
Because it doesn't, this is just you making your 1000th thread about it out of untreated OCD. The film is trash, movies cannot be assessed by their reception or their "cultural impact." You're so mentally challenged, you cannot discuss the movie itself, just anything and everything around it. You can't even go past the OP without mentioning some other capeshit.

In its weakest moment, it has more choice, style and commitment to it than the best moment in CIVIL WAR. CIVIL WAR, I can’t tell you what it’s about or who made it. You watch BATMAN V SUPERMAN you know exactly what it’s about and he fucking committed to a choice

/Our Jew/

It's actually good, but modern "critics" don't care as much about film as they do all of their intersectionality and critical theory stuff. That's why Ghostbusters 2016 is a masterpiece to be viewed in context with the feminist struggle in Hollywood, and Batman vs. Superman with its emphasis on toxic masculinity is suspicious. Can you believe that Superman actually just flies down to Mexico and saves a girl from a fire? "White Savior" much? And a sloppily dangerous near-endorsement of the neo-colonial attitude some Americans have towards Latin America.

Civil War gave us Black Panther, which is a big step forward. BvS gave Wonder Woman, sure, but with limited screen-time and always secondary to the white men at the center of the story. If Superman had been killed by Doomsday, but Wonder Woman killed him and saved the city, and Laurence Fishburne stopped Lex Luthor, then we might be talking. As it is, it's just white men in capes and not worth seeing.

Bvs being bad is just a meme, ignore it and it will go away

It being bad is just a meme. The theatrical cut was not that great. But the extended cut is pure fucking Kino. Dont let anyone fool u

IT WAS ALL A MEME

I don't like the film because neither Superman nor Batman behaves like how they're generally meant to be portrayed. It's like watching a caricature of something you love.

Superman yes but Batman was bretty gud

>if this movie is so bad, why are there so many shitposts about it?

Because of the top tier husbando's.

Then why did he kill all those people?

>not muh batman
This is a mature story for adults, not some quipfest for small children

Batman doesn't kill people. It's been his most prominent characteristic since the last few decades.

>this argument again

It's shit, but people try to say it's not shit (whether they mean it or not), and that is the basis for every discussion surrounding this movie.

>some quipfest for small children

So that's what Snyder fags think the Nolan films were.

Because it's so bad.

kino
KINO
K I N O

>Even my normie dad told me he watched it on HBO and liked it.
>even my normie dad
>even normie
>even

Normies are the last ones to go, bro.

The movie's either 3deep4you and beyond normies, or it's utter shit below patricians.

Dubsman murdered like a hundred people in that monastery.

Because it's actually good, and it's constantly recognized as such.

So MCUcks have the constant task of bringing it down.

because disney doesn't need to spend the time between every entry into the MCU trying to realign public opinion

Isn't wonder woman not out yet? Man that cover is so bad i had to shell out the extra $5 for the 3d edition.

Warner has a paid group on Discord

Just turn your brain off, bro, then it becomes evident. It's the kino test.

Actually all of these posts were made by Henry

Civil War was like the 10th 6-7 out of 10 game Marvel has released in the last few years. It was exactly what everyone expected, not much to say other than that. BvS was the first real DC movie universe film and it was something everyone had been wanting for for decades and it tried really hard to be a lot more intelligent and interesting than most other cape movies. And it failed tremendously at doing that. Tremendous, unprecedented failure is a lot more interesting than another slightly above average success.

>And it failed tremendously at doing that. Tremendous, unprecedented failure is a lot more interesting than another slightly above average success.

Why? Just because the critics didn't like it?

How would one go about getting a job like that? I shitpost all day anyway, and Soros won't take my calls.

it's either because

1. people were too shocked the theatrical version had utter shit-tier pacing compared to the ultimate edition (I had to watch it a second time to actually like the movie)
2. critics actually follow the opinions of other shitty critics and just repeat arguments
3. it's all a ploy so once Justice League comes out, the franchise can be regarded as the biggest redemption story in movie history

don't listen to this faggot it was outright shown that robin died and if that wasn't enough, several people have compared that batman was killing because robin had died

not that I would have cared, batman doesn't always have to do the same shit as long as the character is interesting to watch

No, because it was a very bad movie with a lot of big ideas that they didn't handle very well at all. Also the fact that it was a huge critical failure and the fact that Warner Bros are desperate to change direction as far away from it as possible are pretty good reasons for it being a failure as well. To be fair it was a pretty good financial success. Wasn't as big as it should have been but it still made money, so it's got that going for it.

Critics nowadays are a bunch of uneducated numales shills.

So then he's not Batman.

It sounds to me like that describes you perfectly, maybe adding underage to the mix.

When Jason Todd, the second Robin, was killed Batman almost killed the Joker.

Want to guess who stopped him? Superman. Now imagine if Superman hadn't been there.

That doesn't change the fact that it was a critical failure and that the company making these things wants to distance themselves from it as quickly as possible. It may seem like here on Sup Forums that this movie is a misunderstood masterpiece but most of the rest of the world really dislikes this movie including a good portion of the people who made it.

>but most of the rest of the world really dislikes this movie including a good portion of the people who made it.

Wrong.

dude, it's not like batman has never killed in comics or movies. this whining is getting out of hand because there are crybabies who literally cannot stand the fact that a comic book adaption might change a character.

honestly, people who bash on Snyder's decision don't even seem to think about the whole picture and the actual problem that has always been prevalent in the comics

>batman refuses to kill villains
>villains kill more people
>batman refuses to kill joker
>joker kills robin

it's a natural progression for the character so why shouldn't he be able to kill after robin's death? give me a fucking break

>and that the company making these things wants to distance themselves from it as quickly as possible
>rest of the world really dislikes this movie including a good portion of the people who made it

I always like it when people on this board reach for "facts" out of their asses

"Look mom I posted it again"
CW was great. BvS was terrible. Deal with it.

>That doesn't change the fact that it was a critical failure

and that means something? do you honestly believe that critics' ratings mean anything nowadays?

just look at star wars the force awakens (just a recent example, not meant to attack disney per se). it was a critical success because of all the fan service but a terrible movie in itself. it shit all over the original trilogy and had characters do nonsensical stuff. people nowadays don't understand film making and that definitely applies to modern "critics"

seldomly do reviews for cape movies actually address real problems the movies have. BvS had bad pacing and therefore, it was weird to watch it. a lot of stuff was just bullshit that critics said to seem more credible.

>batman kills
>wonder woman being too much for the movie
>lex being horrible (yet again, just a different version of the character)
>doomsday fight out of place when it made perfect sense after Man of Steel (fuck his looks though) and for the movie's theme in general

I understand that people think BvS was terrible but Civil War being great?

This was the first movie that got me angry because of the constant camera jumps. It was definitely the worst editing in a movie last year. All the "was being captured part of your plan?" bullshit was just the icing on the cake

Now THAT'S shit posting

because faggot OP exists

Because it isn't.

BvS had sloppy writting, but Civil was was just so bland and safe. The while movie looks like a fucking parking lot. I watched Batman v superman twice, but when I went to re watch civil war, I was so board o had to turn it off halfway through.

Because assholes won't stop talking about it. Marvel shills might have horrible taste in movies, but at least they know when to shut up.

Shills and contrarians.

wow. You're fucking stupid. Zeitgeist matters, but not that much.

Divisive films are generally more memorable.

That wasn't part of the film though. That's just you reading in shit that's not there because otherwise you'd have to admit that you got fooled by capeshit and cgi into liking shitflick.

This is literally the answer.

Not because BvS was so good, but because Civil War was that much worse. Just stop comparing these movies.

Because it has artistic vision that people can argue and disagree about whether they like it or not
Civil war just has a contrived plot that isnt even that complicated or nuancd

>If it's so bad, why does it generate so much more discussion
Could say the same thing about 9/11 tbphwyf

The movie is divisive. There's room for back and forth on the qualities of the movie and its downsides

its a job that pays dollars a day

You mean the discussion it brings matters right?

Cause Trump brought up tons of issues America faces that would've been ignored if he never ran for POTUS

Marveldrones secretly jelly over it. But in the end they just don't know how to break the conditioning and think for themselves. They don't know that you didn't have to choose a side here.

I never saw Civil War. Was it good?

Remember that one time when Batman strangled a mentally ill person

all that CNN fake news normie garbage

I work with a dude in his 60s that watches tons of movies, and he says it's the best superhero film he's ever seen.

It was entertaining but extremely forgettable. Very shallow.

It was inoffensive and safe, all in all a good movie but it looks atrocious

it only generates discussion on Sup Forums from idiots

everyone else laughs at it

just look at that cover

I can't tell if its bait or Snyderfags really are this delusional.

>Trump
>bad

Supes is ducking and dodging public accountability because he's still a rookie and avoiding confronting his own guilt over the Battle of Metropolis.

Bruce is cavalier about death because he's already fallen, already crossed his line.

If you ignore all the allegorical components, that's what you have. It's just that the characters don't monologue this into a sounding board at any point, sort of like real people don't frequently voice aloud their actual motivations, especially if they're largely born of guilt.

i cant believe grown men obsess over this movie

look at that cover

its childrens comic book characters trying to look serious

Have you even seen it?

Not him, but all the hints are there, up to and including Bruce getting scarred during his first act of killing.

The only thing the fans don't know yet is whether the first person he ever killed was the Joker or his own corrupted partner.