Two 10/10 episodes in a row

>Two 10/10 episodes in a row

Yeah, im thinking he's back

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bBYXv97FuAY
theverge.com/2017/3/10/14881920/samurai-jack-season-five-genndy-tartakovsky-cartoon-network-adult-swim
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm shocked that people actually think killing a person was a big deal to Jack.

>10/10
more like 5/10 and 7/10, let's not kid ourselves the first episode was lame and the second was mediocre.

It was since he expected just another robot

JACK OF MURDER

Why are they always robots?

They were in the original series.

Probably for Cartoon Network.

He may be back, but not to past
.......samurai jack

Jack killed people before, he slaughtered pic related. There's no way he never shed blood before. I guess he was shocked he killed a young girl.

youtube.com/watch?v=bBYXv97FuAY

censorship. you cant really have a kids cartoon with people getting cut to shreds all the time.

KYS

Not the killing part, but realizing that it wasn't robots after him this time.

Remember earlier int he episode he said to himself that he would find a way because they were just nuts and bolts. Realizing they were people so they were actually a threat to him, hence why he blows up the building soon after.

It was a concept born out of necessity Kind of like Star Trek's transporter. You can't show blood or Jack killing people but you can show oil and Jack killing robots.

who jackie?

>the wolf metaphor
>the fireflies scene
>the man of murder scene
>both aku and jack slowly going crazy and talking to themselves

3/10 episode tried too hard

:^)

>those shifts in time
>that distorted sound effect
>that entire episode

7/10 is mediocre?

I don't like Akus new voice

well mako died so...

Yes

5/10 is mediocre
7/10 is good

Either go back to Sup Forums or stop using the inflated video game scoring system.

Did they hire the same voice actor that voiced Uncle Iroh after Mako died? That guy got pretty close to Mako.

Greg Baldwin, yeah

>Both episodes are clearly 10/10 but because this is Sup Forums there will be autistic contrarians saying otherwise for the sake of saying otherwise

I think Genndy has confirmed the daughter was the first human he killed. The bounty hunters can be easily explained away by "jack only incapacitated them" or "they weren't really human" or whatever dumb answer they want to come up with because it's a goddamn cartoon.

Killing her is going to really mess him up.

Yes.

theverge.com/2017/3/10/14881920/samurai-jack-season-five-genndy-tartakovsky-cartoon-network-adult-swim

>There have been a lot of internet theories about how you’d handle Mako’s absence. Greg Baldwin replaced him convincingly on the TV show Avatar: The Last Airbender, and it’s been widely assumed he’d be your solution here. Did you hire him to do Aku’s voice?

>It was hard. For a while, I thought we should reimagine Aku with a different voice, perhaps even use a different character. But then I realized I love Aku too much, so we auditioned a few people, and Greg really did the best job. Honestly, nobody can replace Mako, he was that special, that unique, especially the performance he made for Aku. But Greg did really well. On the last episode, Mako’s daughter and grandson came by, and they watched him record, and they were crying. It was really amazing, because they heard the voice of their dad and grandfather.

>instead of continuing to try to kill Jack and risking himself, Aku just blew up every time portal and then just waited for Jack to die of old age

That was actually pretty clever.

>when theres a whole board dedicated to your manchild cartoons but you shitpost on Sup Forums instead

good thread

>comes to Sup Forums
>expects something other than Sup Forums memery
>it upsets him
what did he meme by this?

He got pretty close to Mako's Iroh, just because he could nearly match one of Mako's voices doesn't mean he can match others. Aku puts a completely different strain on your voice compared to the much calmer Iroh and it shows, Baldwin sounds nothing like Maku.

Reminder that Simpsons/Spongebob threads never get these butthurt rulefag replies.

Too edgy and trying to hard to be honest.

Would love it if it was just good'ol Samurai Jack instead of this.

Is it actually good or just childhood nostalgia?
I was thinking about watching the whole thing from the beginning.

>*record scratch* Yup. That's me. You're probably wondering how I got in this situation.

>"It's just nuts and bolts..."

It holds up pretty well, compared to most other shows people see with the 'muh childhood' filter

this. I say this as someone with no nostalgia goggles. I tend to hate most childhood shows I used to love

Show is 10/10 just for this scene alone

Holds up very well.

only one thing brings down this episode autism

seems too clever, almost out of place
like taking the eagles to mordor and skipping the whole movie

What even is this show and why is everybody going bananas over it? Some sort of reboot of something?

>I am 12 and what is this:the post

lurk more newfag

black guy voicing asian hero, why is this allowed?

where's the outrage?

>like taking the eagles to mordor and skipping the whole movie

omega bait

>Samurai Jack and Berserk are in the same universe
>Guts and Jack team up to defeat Aku and then Griffith

>Quick Jack, get on the boat, hurry!

kek

Shut the fuck up

wow very helpful guys

Blacks the only minority that matters.

Lurk more newfag.

Serious question Sup Forums
Will there be a bluray release of this? I'm not in the mood for watching hdtv rips.

Because it's genuinely a good show dickhead.

>Will there be a bluray release of this? I'm not in the mood for watching hdtv rips.

Oh you're not in the mood huh? Hey everyone look at Madeye Moody over here!

probably, its only a 10 episode finale. i feel like this would sell really well on blu-ray and adult swim knows it.

it was THE show back before you were born, so it being rebooted is a big deal to all us big boys

Why does Aku look so off? I can't quite put my finger on it.

eh, the pacing always felt off

because hes drawn with more round features instead of that straight sharp lines he usually has. And I dont think Aku has ever been that looney tunes tier silly.

KIIIIILLLLLLLLLL

because his teeth are outlined in black instead of red

The pacing is one of the best things about the show, though.
You had one job.

>I always find a way.....

Not this time Jack-san

The first episode was just alright but even with animation errors, this latest one blew it out of the water.

The final episode is gonna be Jack vs Corrupt Jack similar to that episode where it was Jack vs Angry Jack. Calling it now

ehhhh

he looks like a cow and chicken character

Sup Forums was completely honest with their love

>try and send countless armies and bounty hunters after Jack and they all fail
>decide to do the smart thing for once and just destroy the time portals and wait for him to die of old age
>tfw you make the problem worse by accidentally making him immortal

I feel like he's going to make it back to the past but the time travel shit affecting his age is going to wear off and he's going to die of old age with his loved ones around him

He doesnt have his sword though. Not yet at least.

That or he and Aku just go all out killing both themselves in the process.

9/10 cartoon reboots have been complete garbage and a waste of time, Jack has been the only exception thus far

Probably because it wasnt done out the necessity to make more money but rather just to finish the series.

I know, im just saying for the faggots who have to critique the show so heavily

U knew this and just wanted to look cool for shitposters

cause cartoon """"reboots"""" are just a bunch of executives digging up old shows and turning them into sitcoms. jack is a continuation with a more lenient rating and has the entire original team working on it.

>not even time could kill Jack

In the promo for them next episode he literally tells them to leave or die and then he goes on to knee one in the fucking face

Haven't watched Samurai Jack in more than a decade, do the older episodes hold up? I've been meaning to watch them.

>Two 10/10 episodes in a row

First is 8/10, second is 9/10 desu.

Also Aku's new voice is 6/10.

Why didn't Jack "get frisky" with her, so to speak, after she fell?

Kinda killed the believability.

Well he killed one and dropped a house on the rest, what have they got to show for their efforts

>do the older episodes hold up?

Very much so, yes. One of the view CN cartoons that has insanely good direction.

Hes crazy but not Mad Max levels of batshit.

It's not the zombie apocalypse, user

OH SHOGUN OF GREAT SORROW

DDDDIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE

FUCKING KYS FAGGOT

Moderation

>do the older episodes hold up?

They're good, but after the 2 new ones, it's obvious that they were being held back by being made for kids. SJ is the first cartoon I've ever seen get the "adult version" treatment and not only not be shit, but be BETTER.

Remember adult Ren and Stimpy?

I noticed that too. Not that big of a deal. Still a goat episode.

You'd think from the first time he struck one barehamded something would've seemed off and non-robotic.

Imagine, a punch in the tits and her reaction could've spared her

I loved most of this episode, but what the fuck was with that weird Ecstasy of Gold remix when the sisters were searching the catacombs for Jack? It felt really out of place in a scene that would have benefited from total silence.