Why did the media change so much in the last decade?

Genuine question, Sup Forums.

Back in the day, from the early 90's until the mid 00's, white culture was the main focus of the media and since then it has changed its path drastically.

You dont get to see around any more bands like the ones we did before, tv shows, movies, or any kind of thing like that.

If you lived in america in that era or used to be surrouded by its old culture, you'll know what I'm talking about.

I'm not saying I liked the things the way they were before, I'm just saying that the midia doesnt represent white culture anymore by any means today. The only thing we've got today is some hipster bands, and they are not mainstream the way all of the images you're seeing in pic related were back in the day.

What went wrong, Sup Forums?

When donald trump get elected, will you also get your media back after you've got your country back?

No shitposting, please. If you're not old enough for having lived this era don't fuck the thread talking shit.

Let's talk about it. Pic related

We became soft mire accepting.
What seemed off or strange back then is now the "norm".
> because everybody is doing it so it must be r...right..?
WRONG.

Yeah, but I can't see the moment where it had its separe ways. In MTV they had those rap shows, but they werent that common.
Then all of a sudden all mainstream music became black culture.
Nowadays the only thing you get out of youtube VEVO's music is just a bunch of black culture stuff. Even adele has a SJW video clip. It's fucked up and the kids living today have no idea how things were 15 years ago, so they will just think that shit is just natural and normal.

I noticed this too my man.

Not only did the content change but the themes too. I have yet to see a modern kids show come close to anything I remember like Hey Arnold etc

I want to believe its a talent drought that we are seeing the end of but its probably ((them))

Nothing screams "14/88 white culture" like Fast and the Furious and the Offspring

You fucking retards

I think is started out from 9/11. Now hear me out.
America was now in a state of military disorder people where afraid people were scared of their own government.
Some people hand enough so they started to "attack" the government with taboo.
The government being the cuck's they are did nothing.
>muh democracy.
People saw that the government ain't got shit and they decided: "Fuck it I do what I want".
>Jump to 2016.
Nothing has changed.

>What went wrong, Sup Forums?

Obama happened..

Kanye West happened..

Yeah bud, I can't even imagine if a show like jackass were starting today it would at least get the enough basic amount of viewers just for keeping it alive.
The mentality of the viewers have changed too, people seem like they've become more angry on purpose.
The tv shows back in the day were meant for making you laught, for you to have a good time at least watching it.

Nowadays the shows are seem like they are meant for making you angry, for making you find a political cause and argue about it with people. The main task of entertainment have been lost in the middle of all of it.

Because:
>'10's
>watching TV

I'd rather turn on my Tv and see a nigger than this retarded shit, pic related

But after youtube had gone mainstream, it started having amateur content. And all of the independent content dont seem like pic related.
If youtube would had gone mainstream let's say, in the 80's, I believe its content would be far more political incorret than it is today. Sure, you can find shit in youtube and stuff, but it just dont go viral as minecraft videos and all of that crap.
We live in a era where lacy green's videos are more popular with the topics of feminism than the almost all of the videos in youtube that represent wasp culture. It's fucked up. And it just doesnt seem like it would change in the near future

Yeah, 9/11 changed everything. I remember watching it on tv, the news went mad. I was naive and innocent. I couldnt have imagined the world was changing right before my eyes and shit would get at this point in the world after a few years

"chocolate starfish"

The thing is it's, I.e. Nigger shit, not pushed for pecuniary reasons. Taylor Swift is the most bankable name in pop. It shows the market is there for lily white stars. Most bankable celebs are all white in the film industry. They push this shit at a financial cost. Notice how when indie music became the dominant thing among young white urbanites they started pushing blacks into that scene with ironic rap and muh deep social commentary rap.

Nigs have no fucking idea just how much they owe the entertainment industry of America. Without it they'd be garbage.

You can do it now, bud. Turn it on.

But guess what, if we wanted to see the new limp bizkit crap from 2016 as it was 20 years ago, we cant.

That's my point.

It's honestly terrifying to me that it would be virtually impossible to create a series like Friends in this day and age again. It would just be too pilloried by the left for its whiteness.

Yeah, america had broken the ice that had divided it from traditional values. I do consider "liberal" the world before 9/11. But it got way worse after it

They already have. It's the Big Bang Theory.

on't kid yorself rainforest nigger, late 90s and early 00s was the white nigger era.
Every kid wanted to be a rock star, get laid, be a bad ass drug user, etc.
What niggers are going though right now is what whites went through on that era.
Theey want to be hip ho artits, fuck big booties and be milloinaires.
It's just heir time now.

00s were shit, anyone who says it wasn't is just a white nigger in denial.

no one said it had to be white nationalism to be white culture, dipshit

I'd say taylor swift were famous back in the day around the time twilight was still a thing. Nowadays she's mainstream, but not a fresh mainstream. There hasnt been a fresh mainstream white thing like we see the black culture around.

That's my point, bro. The left and the social tensions of our society just don't let a white program for a white public go out. There is black music for black people, but you just cannot find around anymore any kind of white program for white people. They all have to be infestated of minorities and they must take huge parts around the story as the good guys at a point that we have to ask ourselves if that's really a white program, instead of just a black program with plenty of white people.

It's no coincidence white people nowadays get so confused about theit identity and seem always lost or confused all the time

you know what I honestly miss? black dudes who were fucking funny to watch and who fucked around with the rest of the "white" crew and he was a crazy motherfucker and that's why people loved him

back before they weren't trying to appease minorities on television

I said no shitposting, but that's what I would expect from someone from your country. I've just landed in brazil I can say what a shithole has become of every shit you put your moor hands.

Go back to granada, my friend. Your the defensor of the black, you were kangs after all.

If you can't talk like a civilized person, learn english or even read my nickname before talking shit, you're not welcomed anywhere outside of your poor shithole.

EXACTLY. Nowadays there's a huge tension between them. The black friends I had in high school were fine to hang out with.
Nowadays if you get to hang out with a black, the guys will talk about racism all the time, out of the simplest things you do or notice. It's really that bad

White people get represented as fat stoner jews like Seth Rogan.

It fucking sucks hard.

>back in the day
>90s

kids these days
>parents tell them of older secksy times
>think acting like ignorant fucktards like in "teh old days" is good because gamma said so

:\

I had black (african and african american), indian, chinese, nepalese (probably the only one in North Dakota lol) and even brazilian friends that I got along great with in college because we were always working towards one goal

it was bettering ourselves by working towards a common goal (getting through college)

if I said something purposely wrong about their race or culture cause hey I'm on Sup Forums and we all talk shit to each other, I usually followed up by saying Americans are dumb or fat etc

no one seemed to get offended, and I don't even consider myself to be good at #banter

>black dudes who were fucking funny to watch and who fucked around with the rest of the "white" crew and he was a crazy motherfucker and that's why people loved him
>back before they weren't trying to appease minorities on television

You mean the Wayan's brothers?

I was specifically talking about the Negroes who appeared on Jackass

I'm saying that if you were white in the past and you hanged out with a black, the guy wouldnt give a shit about it back in the day, in most cases.

Nowadays if you're white and you call a black guy for hanging out with your friends, racism will suddenly become a main topic and political tensions will be very present. People just cant shill anymore.
I had good black friends back in the day that today just wouldnt go out with our old friends because we used to make jokes they didnt get offended at the time, but nowadays they do.

I dont think this social dilema the media puts on black people against whites is something healthful. That's my impression

>I dont think this social dilema the media puts on black people against whites is something healthful

I agree, but I think personally that whites are moving from television to more easily accessible (and accurate, imo) forms of media on the internet

Sure, that's why I put the word "media" in the post, TV was something very present back in the day, nowadays we got youtube and etc. But the media has changed in a way it wasnt supposed to change, I suppose. That's my concern, because wether we like it or not, the media plays a huge part on what people do and talk in the social sphere. They could not be the ones to blame for all of the crap among the tension of the races the west is facing today, but they do take some part on the blame

>shitty 90 white trash culture

>still better than race war

I don't see the relation of your post with mine. I do worry that you are focusing on a cultural shift from garbage to liquid shit, and that you think in any way that I could possibly call 90's culture degenerate and be a crazy race war SJW flamer at the same time

The media has always been shit, but I didnt get to see rihanna almost naked dancing for the BLM movement back in the 90's. The 90's were degenerate, but it didnt promote racial tensions at all. It wasnt perfect, but every race tended to respect each other at least in a way you wont get to see around today.

Your post seemed to criticize the 90's by itself instead of abording the theme I suggested, why the media have shifted its path in the past 10 years. That's social justice warrior acting.
If you want to discuss it keep to the subject and dont get us distracted, or should I suppose you didnt read also the part where "no shitposting" were written?