Buffalo

Why does this completely insignificant city have two professional sports franchises?

Why did Mike Tyson's Punchout have Glass Joe?

It's more of a regional team than a city team

y u mad tho

just to piss you off LMAO

>getting upset over Buffalo of all places

>regional team
>most upstate New Yorkers are still Giants fans

Insignificant cities get irrelevant sports like hockey

Because they are big enough to support two professional sports franchises.

name four non-Canadian examples of this

Most of the Bills fan base is from the greater Toronto area.

Jacksonville
Green Bay
San Antonio
Sacramento

I asked you to name four irrelevant American cities with pro hockey teams, learn to read nigga

No its not lmao. It's from Buffalo and Rochester.

Every sunbelt team

Milwaukee would trade the Bucks for an NHL team without hesitation.

how can someone be so stupid

>the fanbase consists of the 200,000 people who live in Buffalo, a bunch of Canadians, and a few boomer bandwagoners that watched them in the Super Bowl 200 years ago

Pro in a general sense, or exclusively NHL? If the former, Milwaukee.

It's just basically a part of Toronto. Like how the jets and giants play in New Jersey

It was a very large and rich city in the sixties

Yeah the tiny population of Buffalo and Rochester totally supports an NFL team, it isn't the major metropolitan area right next to them at all.

Delusion at its finest. The NFL is dying to get the Bills out of Buffalo and into Toronto where they can get real revenue.

So was Camden and Detroit

Becuase upstate New York doesn’t like the city, they just it’s niggers, Jews, and loud Italians.

>implying the gays and chinks in Toronto care about sports

>implying

They used to have 3. The Buffalo Braves are now the LA Clippers.

Nashville
Columbus
San Jose
Vegas

Nashville and Vegas aren't insignificant you tard, and San Jose is just a satellite city of San Francisco

Don't forget
Anaheim

>implying the cfl will let any nfl teams in canada

>jests

They get Toronto's TV market and regional fans without paying Canadian taxes.

cool map. who's got the population, giants or cowboys?

B-buffalo is insignificant!!

When the pro sports leagues were formed, Buffalo was on the edge of a top 10 city in population.

Now it's like 80th, below Laredo, Texas.

Its about 50/50 honestly
t.Watertown

San Jose is a significant city you retard. It's bigger than the other 3 on that list. It's literally the size of san diego

They invented buffalo wings. That’s enough for me.

They've played games here, no one went. They had it scheduled for something like 5 years in a row the Bills would play a game in Toronto, they cancelled it after two because no one gave a fuck.

Filter tripfags

This basically. The reason they have stayed is the fans are die hard loyalists. The Buffalo/Rochester metropolitan areas bleed blue.

>only allowed 1 pro team with 250k people
Americans. Even tiny shitholes like Huddersfield (150k) have both a football and a rugby league team here.

not all of our sports have different divisions. Baseball, hockey, and basketball do, but handegg doesn't. Also relegation isn't a thing.

toronto has, by far, the worst CFL attendance in the league, and it gets worse and worse every year. they are the largest city in leafland too. obviously the NFL is a different beast, but overall people in toronto really dont give a shit about handegg.

t. doesn't know what irrelevant means

Huddersfield has two top division teams right now

our top leagues also have to represent a larger swathe of territory. The teams have to be relatively evenly spaced out otherwise you're missing out on an entire market. Leaves no room for anything but major cities usually.

Out of respect for the ancient New York Pro Football League

The Rochester Area has over 1million people

Over a million people live in the WNY region not including Rochester.

since promo/rel isnt a thing here, the small town teams wont play in the top division, but that doesnt mean they arent pro.
a small town of like 200k will generally have a minor league boreball team and maybe a minor league hokkei/apehoop team.

You live in a tiny country where just about any small suburb like huddersfield is within 45 minutes of a major city like Manchester or London or whatever. In America you can't just throw random teams from like Wyoming that are 3 hours away from civilization.

>3
more like ten

Why does this completely insignificant city have three of the greatest, most iconic sports franchises?

Second biggest city in the 4th biggest state?

the Pittsburgh metro area is 2.3 million people

Buffalo/Niagara Falls is the #50 metro area and Rochester is #51. If you combine them, it's about 2.3 million people.

>You wake up one day to find out that you're now living in the Rust Belt

What do you do?

> Buffalo
>No buffalo they're all ded

t. Dolphag “fan”

I wonder what it was called before the rust belt.

The fuck is Laredo, Texas?

t. literally the one """""""""fan""""""""" in LA that paid money to go to a chargers game in an MLS stadium. sad!

Lies.

We have the Admirals and the market for Hockey is not that great.

Their fans are more loyal than LA fans.

American industrial history.

Why would you just lie on the internet like that?

this. the second largest city in north america can't even sell out a 25k seat MLS stadium. meanwhile tiny buffalo sells out every game every season regardless of how shitty the team or the weather is.

I guess whichever city the Arizona Coyotes and Florida Panthers play in. Maybe Raleigh but that could change in the future. I don't think Denver or Tampa are irrelevant but you might. Columbus and Buffalo.

I'm a jets fan in rochester. fuck the bills

only long island faggots at uni in western new york like the jest

LA is a town full of transients from all over who dont care about the local team, or sports in general. people from buffalo are born and raised fans. nobody voluntarily moves to buffalo like they do to LA.

welp blame cbs for posting lots of jets games in the early 00's when the blackout rule existed and no bills games were on. I grew up loving keyshawn johnson and vinny testaverde etc. plus I grew up outside syracuse. jets is my team, no turning back now

Fag

well I'm from Utica and have never rooted for a Buffalo sports franchise

>Rochester native is fan of a New Jersey team instead of fellow Western New York team
Traitor much?

Fuck you we used to be something.

Because we love football. We'd kill our first born children for an owl win.

>so what's with the hockey team?

I have no fucking clue.

Giants AND Bills fan in Rochester. I feel like an outcast liking the Giants. People who don't really know football automatically assum I'm wearing a Bills jersey when I'm wearing a Giants jersey. Still like the Bills though, it's unavoidable.

fuck Utica

Canada itself isn't entertained enough with CFL

The Bills are the only actual NY tean

Isn't Buffalo wing just fried chicken with spicy sauce on it? We "invented" that before Vikings found America.

Same reason cleveland has teams

It was called the steel belt.

tons of people are sabres fans first and bills fans second, me being one of them. hockey is superior to football in literally every way and it's not close. too bad our team blows.

This

People still go to the games, unlike the Coyotes and Panthers that hemorrhage money every year

So I can’t knock the hockey team, don’t give a rats ass about a piece of plastic being hit on ice. Total leaf fagsport. As far as football is concerned, half the city will attend a game bc there is nothing better to do short of watching your city fall apart from rust and asbestos poisoning. Good job Blowffalo and enjoy your new ethnic cleansing city!

The Sabres have the best local market rating among all US hockey teams every year and it's not even close. The Bills also have the best tailgaters in the country. I'm not even from the area but I know that.

And fuck the Comets

dem South Carolina Steelers fans

Muslims and fags don't follow American football.

Buffalo is a great American City. They are bigger city Green Bay.

Buffalo is a dump lol.

nobody should be bitching about a team that does well in attendance and has a vibrant fanbase. Buffalo sports fans fill up the arena every night and they follow their teams religiously.
There's that autists that posts the chart about California and bitches about Sacramento having a team, when Kings fans also fill up the arena every night despite being a completely incompetent team for more than a decade now.

The teams that consistently don't fill up their stadiums are the ones that should be ashamed. I was watchign the Ravens game yesterday, which was an elimination game for them, and there were many empty seats in the upper deck. Pathetic.

there is a city in the United States, for someone who only likes Soccer, is only a fan and follower of MLS (Major League Soccer) and hates the entire NFL, hates the NBA, hates the MLB and hates the NHL

The city Buffalo is more relevant than the entire history of Canadian civilization. Sad.

>Baltimore pissbabies mad they got cucked by Cincy out of a Wild Card

So much for those "AFC East is shit" arguments.