>it's terrible
>hey fuck you faggot
>no, fuck you go watch capeshit

Just watch the first episode OP.

It's very good
But if you're a pleb, it'll look pretentious

congrats you just described Sup Forums

this tee bee haytch familia

Yes, the first season is fucking flawless, and I'm halfway through season 2 and it's still pretty solid.

Season 2 has GOAT ending

Season 2 is a huge improvement from season 1 and one of the most GOAT seasons in tv history overall.

Tbh, Season 1's monster of the week episodes were super comfy

I could only handle one season. The first season just had so much padding and all of the filler characters were awful, the only thing that was there was the chemistry between Will and Hannibal and that stretched out so thin.

This really should've been a miniseries, they should have cut the length of 7 episodes and made something great.

plebbait/10

The chemistry between Will and Hannibal increases as the seasons go on
Season 3 is pure homolust, no homo though

Yes but season 3 is kind of boring except for the part where Gideon has to eat himself at dinner.

or season 2 I can't remember.

>yfw the teacup comes back together

>mfw it really did

For what it is, it's pretty good. But have low expectations going in. At the very least it's better then Dexter throughout.

some pretty great moments throughout the series. if you have a darker animalistic side that likes to be fed then this is the show for you.

also the dynamic between hannibal and will is kind of adorable/fascinating.

I loved the first season, liked the second season, couldn't really get into the third season.

Great show for arm hair aficionados. Caroline Dhavernas, Lara Jean Chorostecki, Ellen Muth, Kacey Rohl...

Watch the first two seasons. Season three is optional since it remixes Hannibal and Red Dragon, as by that point they realized they were going to get canceled and they would never get the Clarice Starling rights back to do Hannibal properly.

damn that sucks.

I don't remember Ilana being arm hairy

She was a good villain though

Season 3 is great, though
It's a better Red Dragon due to the ending

First 2 seasons are incredible. Interesting plot, compelling characters, and incredibly beautiful. First half of season 3 is a drag, but ep 6 onward in pretty good

First half of Season 3 is pretty comfy, imo
For Will's total insanity, Hannibal's smug security, and Jack's vengeance

Second half is GOAT though
Especially the last episode

unequivocally agree with this

>if you have a darker animalistic side that likes to be fed then this is the show for you.
Also if you have a wicked sense of humor and nihilistic views, just like me, it's the perfect show

I'm still pissed they listened to Tumblr for the last season and made it gay

Dude even in season 1 its pretty gay

It was always gay. That's why Tumblr saved it twice from cancellation.

Why was it up for cancellation in the first place? Do NBC just hate making interesting things?

It was never gay

You tumblr-ass fucks need to realize that two men can love each other and not want to stick their dicks in each others asses

Do you watch LotR and think "Gee, Sam must want to fuck Frodo"?

It's going to make you gay

There was a deal where other people paid of Hannibal
But that deal ended

>implying that being sexually attracted to Mads is gay

It was made by a super gay man.
Get over yourself.

>Do you watch LotR and think "Gee, Sam must want to fuck Frodo"?

In the books Sam and Frodo are pretty fuckin gay
>Then as he had kept watch Sam had noticed that at times a light seemed to be shining faintly within; but now the light was even clearer and stronger. Frodo's face was peaceful, the marks of fear and care had left it; but it looked old, old and beautiful, as if the chiseling of the shaping years was now reveled in the many fine lines that had before been hidden, though the identity of the face was not changed. Not that Sam Gamgee put it that way to himself. He shook his head, as if finding words useless, and murmured: "I love him. He's like that, and sometimes it shines through, somehow. But I love him, whether or not."

So does Hannibal just kill whoever he wants and eats them or does he have particular people who have done something against him that he kills and eats

This. They were friends at first but Tumblr just went "nope, faggots!" like they always do only because the two actors were handsome (because Will hated Hannibal and had all the reasons to). But when Fuller found out the show was ending he figured he'd repay the fans for making last so long depsite the shitty ratings because he felt like he owed them or some shit. Fuck that. I obviously want season 4 to happen but I'm not too eager about the idea if it's gonna the "murder husbands" plot (retarded name btw)

>Whenever you can, eat the rude

today I found two people on Sup Forums who have apparently never heard of Brian Fuller

It was always gay.

this.

he eats people he finds obscene, apparently

That was about Sam worrying about Frodo as a subordinate
It is the goal of a servant to prevent worry of their employer
It wasn't homosexual
Anymore than Alfred wanted to fuck Bruce Wayne

He usually just kills those people he finds rude or anoying to him but he'll murder the living shit out of you and display your corpse in an inhumanly complicated arrangement if you become a threat to him

Even if Fuller is a flaming homo, it doesn't affect his art

Will and Hannibal loved each other as hetero men.
I pity men who don't find another man they can love.
It must feel so alone that the only way to feel intimate is if your dick is inside someone

Does this tie into the Hopkins movies, or is it a separate continuity?

>that scene where Mason stabs his chair and Hannibal visibly reacts in shock

So basically he kills assholes or anyone who knows his secret

I'm pretty sure I saw Fuller saying at some point that his original plan for the show didn't involve homos but the fanbase's passion got him to see things their way and made it a thing

Separate but Mads is just as good as Hannibal, if not better than Hopkins

More or less. Right now I can't remember if there was an episode where he killed someone for some other reason. There was one where he was planning a dinner party so he went on a murdering spree but I'm sure those people had it coming

I think I remember that interview, he later went on to say how much he hated asian people which played a big part in why they decided to kill that character off

He's definitely better. Obviously when you have 3 seasons worth of screentime you are likely to do better than a guy with less than 20 minutes but he made the character his own

They never wanted to fuck each other, though
Even til the en
It was love, yes, but not homo love

It's like soldier love.
Not fuck in the bum love

sure, just skip all the pretentious fag "dream" sequences and its pretty good

Doesn't tie in at all

In my opinion, Mads was better as the character
Hopkins was good, but he seemed always at the edge of being violent
Like he was an animal tied on a leash that was just too short to attack you

Mads Hannibal seemed like a superior being that attacked you because it suited him and nothing else.

Hopkins was random and violent, Mads was precise and dignified

Also, even in the finale the script didn't call for Will and Hannibal to embrace like they did. Hugh and Mads improvised that

First 2 seasons are legendary. Starts off slow and BUILDS!

dude you really shoulda given season 2 a spin, it drops the killer-of-the-week format almost immeditely and goes into full-on continuous drama

as for the OP, if you're a serious gore/horror fan you'll find Hannibal to be a delightful surprise. it doesn't at all have the tone of a show that would air on a primetime network like NBC

If you're a 17 years old pleb thinking Instagram filters in slow-motion is kino, yes.

If not. no

Watch more TV

Embracing isn't homo, you fucking tumblr lesbian

Will and Hannibal loved each other
They saw in the other a brotherhood that they never found elsewhere
Do you even know how that feels?

If two veterans hugged each other, would say "Gaaaay"?
No, fuck you

I do agree that the online queer community has an annoying obsession with assigning homoerotic subtext to everything they see, but I don't really think you can say with absolute certainty that Will and Hannibal were totally hetero when it came to each other. They fucked the same girl purely to get inside each other's heads and were completely obsessed with each other.

This show was very much about the nature of good and evil and assigned Will the role of an absolute empath with Hannibal being a total, unrelenting sociopath. Being an empath, Will could empathize and sympathize with anyone he meets, which is how he's so good at catching killers, and Hannibal was the elixir of them all. Likewise, Will is the only person in the world capable that Hannibal can't entirely predict the actions of, which made him an object of strong affection and lust to Hannibal, since he sought to make everything corrupt. Their last moment together at the end of the series is when they finally come to a mutual, purely primal understanding and the essence of what it means to be an existing, conscious, instinctual animal. What they have at the end transcends any normal definition of love or sexuality, so making any effort whatsoever to call them gay or straight is just fucking dumb. They basically became the Bogdanovs of television characters.

apologies for sounding like reddit but that's just how it is

I agree more or less

Hannibal was like a greater than human predator
He felt alone

Will was his one way to feel less alone because Will could be like him.

It wasn't about sex. It was about feeling less alone. Hannibal needed Will and Will, so long as he spent time with Hannibal, needed him.

It wasn't about being homosex.
It was about being alone in the universe.
Will was the one person Hannibal could know that truly knew what he felt.

I completely agree with your definition of Will and Hannibal's relationship. That's how I saw it and how I feel it should have been. The only reason why I'm pissed about the gay stuff is because that's how EVERYONE had labelled it throughout the show's run and when the finale aired. You can't convince them of your interpretation, they are gay and that's the end of it and the scene where Will asks Bedelia is Hannibal is in love with him doesn't help.

Check Fuller Twitter, he doesn't even try to correct them and makes remarks of how gay they are of his own. I distinctly remember one where he joked about how Will and Hannibal were kissing as they were falling down the cliff

You can't really blame Fuller for egging those fans on. Fans are quick to forget how little showrunners actually care about their shows in contrast to pitching a million different ideas so they can stay paid. He was probably astonished that Hannibal caught on at all and was happy to oblige anyone's fantasies about it.

No, of course not. But when people call me a homophobe for not sharing their erotic dream of how they relationship works and quote Fuller's word as the ultimate source to dismiss any explanation I try to give when I want to defend myself from the accusations as wrong it gets anoying. It's my favorite show of all times and I can't talk about it because it's all "OMG HANNIGRAM I'M LITERALLY CRYING RIGHT NOW SO BRAVE!!!". feels bad man. Sorry to be venting this much but I usually don't get to talk about this and I'm glad I got the chance

Any recommendations? I'm gonna watch The Sopranos and The Wire eventually but right now I don't have HBO. Mad men is one i was about to start watching and I saw the first season of The Americans but I never kept watching

Yeah I know how frustrating that can be. What's even funnier is that Tumblrqueens endlessly praise what proved to be an extremely self-destructive and ill-advised relationship. Hannibal is a literal human monster who exists solely to annihilate everything he touches, yet he was kinda gay for a few minutes so that makes it all adorable and acceptable.

Look at how the same moralfag SJWs respond to something like 50 Shades of Grey - Hannibal is a definitively worse person than Christian Grey but since Grey's hetero he's a LITERAL MISOGYNIST BEAST and that film is NOT okay.

Clarification: I have not seen 50 Shades and don't intend to as it looks dumb AF, but if I ever did it would most certainly be to spite SJWs who are mad that the straights "took" BDSM from them.

if you have blu-ray or a PS4 you should the dics of those shows, HBO releases just about all of its shows physically and they look gorgeous in high definition. The Mad Men blu-rays also look really nice and are pretty cheap on Amazon.

I'm from Latin America too. Finding Blu rays of tv shows you want here is hard and they always cost like 3 times what they should. I'll have to pirate everything I watch. Mad men and the Americans is on Netflix though so I have easier access

Is there somewhere I can watch this online?

never mind it's on amazon prime video

In season one Hannibal want to create a family with Will "we are fathers now"

Gaykino at its finest