Thoughts on this?

Thoughts on this?

Wasn't a catch.

Weirdly obsessive

Greatest play in NFL history

why didn't he fight for it?

why did he go for the risk when it was only 2nd and goal? if you are in the 3rd down and the clock runs out you can't have the 4th chance?

Yeah. The only way you can have another chance after the clock runs out is if there was a foul by the defense during the play.

This is why I always tell people Malcolm Butler should have been the MVP of the super bowl, He made the key play, Brady is a defense babby

If the clock runs out the game is over unless there is a penalty.

They went for it because statistically they were lousy running the ball that year on the 1 yard line and very good using that specific pick play, but it is a very controversial play.

A pick play is when one receiver attempts to run a route that would block the defender of another receiver. The Patriots other DB overpowered the WR who was going to try to block the CB who made the interception and Butler ( the guy who caught it) ran the perfect route to undercut the throw and make the interception. They actually practiced that play defensively the week before the game and Butler failed to defend it every time.

Oh yeah Malcolm butler leading those 2 touchdown drives in the 4th was sick

so, people here shit on the seahawks for losing but they should actually be praising the defensive efford

Yeah pretty much, it's a really fantastic moment in football history

Sup Forums has to obsess over a team that didn't even make the playoffs.

because people would rather say the seahawks choked than ever give the patriots any credit

also see: SB51

Is this INT better or One Yard Away?

One yard short happens much more regularly than the goalline int but the situation is what makes it spectacular

Yeah for the best defensive finish to a game/super bowl I wonder what's better

and its INTERCEPTED AT THE GOAL LINE BY MALCOLM BUTLER

NFL is irrelevant

sure its on the decline but its definitely relevant in modern society fameo

thats really not a risky play

yes exactly

This one is better by a mile, that was to tie the game and he was clearly still a bit far away. They were never in the lead in the game. This game was over it was just a formality that the Pats were going to lose at that point and this guy made the most stunning athletic play in a big moment in NFL history to completely reverse that and change history.

i thought this was the stupidest worst thing i would ever see in football, until atlanta proved me wrong

this play was amazing. it totally marred the entire franchise of the Seahawks; when someone thinks of the Seahawks, they think of this play. Malcom Butler turned them into a joke with one catch.

>That Sherman shudder

A well earned (You)

it was actually a decent decision but a super risky play considering you're on the one yard line

the idea was no one is gunna expect a pass in this situation with marshawn in the backfield and two more plays to punch it in if lynch gets stuffed but throwing it over the middle like that with so many defenders in the area was kinda silly

if I were coaching this play, I would have have wilson fake the handoff to lynch, have wilson roll out on the play action, if someone is wide open throw for the touchdown, if you can run it in, do that of course. but worst case scenario you throw it out of bounds and still have two more chances at scoring

hindsight will always be 20/20. if that ended up being a touchdown we'd be talking about how genius it was

yes, tBh
the Seahawks didn't even do the wrong thing, either

because as much credit as they deserve for it, they had trouble stopping lynch from getting at least a yard all game

An incomplete pass spares a timeout, and he was throwing it to a low-percentage area. The Pats blew it up because they've mastered the art of beating the pick play

There was literally zero INTs at the goal line that season and Lynch was horrible in the redzone. It was the right call, Butler just made an amazing play