LOTR thread

LOTR thread
Just saw the Extended Trilogy at the cinema

>Looks like meat's back on the menu, boys!
What did he mean by this?

Did you whoop out loud when that line came up?

>What did he mean by this?

Middle Earth is actually hell.

How lucky can you be, watching this in a cinema.

>lucky

All you need to do is not be a generation Z underage faggot

>tfw just finished reading LOTR a few minutes ago.
What a feelsy ending, what the fuck do I do now?

The Balrog must eat like a billion calories a day to be able to expend that much energy all the time.

Well he has dwarves and orcs on the menu each day

Omnivores eventually become cannibals.

I watched all 3 opening night

Ride of the Rohirrim with a proper surround sound was the greatest cinema experience I have had

appendix + silmarillion, you should already have read the hobbit. Then watch through the 21 hours of behind the scenes documentaries. Then watch through the films 4 times more with the commentaries. There's also a shitload of more books made by Christopher Tolkien.

OP said extended editions in a cinema, that's something special.

Some people have a job, user, we can't spend years doing all of that.

But I've already read the Appendix, Silmarillion, and Hobbit. This was my second time through LOTR.

But the extended edition is worse than the theatrical.

check'd

They showed the 1st and 2nd extended editions for a while when Return of the King came out and I saw them, but I don't know when they've played the extended of Return? Never that I've seen.

That's up to you. I just meant that if you want more lotr or in the future get that itch, there's a lot of content you can go through. I didn't mean to imply that you should do it.

You can read the complete history of middle earth (5392 pages) and unfinished tales/lost tales etc.

'children of Hurin' will get you into the silmarillon vibe

Welp, time to start I guess

Oh yea I forgot about this one. Will do!

I just made a mistake, lost tales is apparantly part of the complete history. Make sure you look up what isn't part of it before you buy anything else seperate.

Hey melbourne fag

where you the guy wearing the cape?

Shit they didn't do that where I live

You're wrong..

Meanwhile in 2005

Nah, I missed it but a mate of mine told me about it.

The best scene must truly be that of Galadrien riverdancing

HAHAHAHHA

Oh you're serious.

It's 2005?

I read a ton of LoTR and Warhammer 40k crap when I was working 12 hours a day and doing online classes, and I'm an utter fuckup. It's still better entertainment than the stuff they crap out these days.

Was this at the Astor? I almost went to that, how was it?

There's a cinema in Melbourne that plays them pretty regularly. Every few months they'll have a marathon with all 3 and it's pretty fucking great. It packs out every single time

He meant to say that he is longer pursuing ways that of a Vegan that he was earlier.

I wish that was possible in Belgium.

Its only a matter of time before the Astor gets shut down for good. We'll have an apartment block crammed with Chinese international students erected in its place.

I don't reckon. There was that close call a while back but now that Palace owns it I think it's safe for a good while. It still packs out pretty frequently, I think it's doing alright financially.

DOG BLESS BEST KOREA

HOLEY SHIT THIS ANTHEMS IS WAY BESTER THAN AMERIKANKER
RIP BRAVE CHINKS

>Christopher Tolkien
no, thanks

Were there extended action sequences?

Alamo Drafthouse in Austin used to do it yearly. I miss it.

>What did he mean by this?

They're flexitarians and its meat-monday.