This was better than Episode VII

This was better than Episode VII

Hardly an achievement.

Reddit disagrees

Wrong again Bob.

Agreed.

This tastes better than dog shit.

No it wasn't.

Eh, I watched it for the first time since opening night yesterday and I think its about equal.

Characters are seriously lacking in substances but there is just enough there to care at the end. Action scenes are great but E7 just felt more like classic Star Wars where R1 feels like a $200m fan film.

Vader felt off though, looked like bad cosplay and his pun still makes me cringe. They should have gone with his E5 suit and just overlooked the continuity mistake.

Being better than shit doesn't mean anything.

>This was better than Episode VII

It wasn't very good.

But you are correct.

You're right.

>This was better than Episode II

Correct.

no, it wasn't

I'm not big on Star Wars honestly. I've saw them all several times, and for example Phantom Menace like 20 times (Dating spree back when it came out.) The Force Awakens was alright, the first time I watched it; but the second I couldn't barely even look at it, though I felt good about it overall the first viewing.

I'm watching Rogue One now and can't even bother to really look at the screen it's on, it's just...bland, and lacks sweaty Rae.

Wasn't it no.

smell the autism from here I do

>comparing shades of shit

I just watched it again for the second time, and the only really redeeming things in the entire film are Vader, Chirrut, and Felicity as far as her ass and face look in some frames.

The main characters barely exist as far as presence goes, aside from Mr Roboto and Donny Yen, and outside the old familiars even the supporting cast is so shit the split-second cut scenes from ANH actually stand out as more atmospheric and weighty than everything aroudn them, outside a 3D cinema screen Tarkin looks noticably CGI-like despite being mounted on a human actor, and 'Leia' is still the stuff of fucking nightmares.

It's worst sin? It's so damn forgetable.

I far preferred VII. Rogue One is a film that never needed to be made.

>Better than Episode VII

Well it's not fucking hard is it?

both were equally shit. but the cunt in RO was an even worse actress than rey. not sure how that's possible but there you go

I quite liked it, kinda weird that everyone died and vadar sounded weird

I cannot remember the names of any of the characters in it aside from those that were in the OT.

It was incredibly boring and shallow.

It was dogshit the first time I watched it, and even worse the second.

I liked TFA the first time I saw it, and liked it less the 2nd, and by the third time I fucking hated it.

So I guess Rogue One is the worse movie between the two. Complete dogshit films, both of them though.

episode 7 was a bit better

this was just really fucking boring

agree. Episode VII was the worst Star Wars film by far. Even including I-III. And Rogue was just barely better.

The only one thing good in the whole movie was the CGI work done on Tarkin.

>The only one thing good in the whole movie was the CGI work done on Tarkin.
get your eyes checked

>Episode VII was the worst Star Wars film by far
>this is what prequelcucks genuinely believe
my sides

Like ep 7, it wasn't good.

and still not better or worse than the prequels
wow disney sure stepped things up

Better than 2 and 1, about the same as three.

Solid waste is better than diarrhea.

there was nothing original, innovative, special or imaginative in it at all.

i just watched it

it felt like a start wars movie but not

she was so cute

i dont know how to explain but it was jsut so much more cinematic

just like at the opening scene, it was so serious

i was really hoping the droid would call them meatbags at some point tho :(

wow and we only had to nuke the EU and all the established to get another two unoriginal "okay" live action movies

totally worth it

Old EU had good stuff but that was piled under shit.

Problem is that Disney is not learning what was good and what was shit about the EU.

Are you surprised that SW movie without Jedi bullshit being actually good.

Episode 7 was the worst Star Wars film, so no shit.

the only part I didn't give a fuck about was Eadu and anything with the Rebel council. Overall 8/10 for me

TFA was a shit ANH remake

i saw it yesterday and completely forgot it
its forgettable the same way episode 7 was

fucking soulless cash grab
like what the fuck happened in that shitty movie? there wasnt a significant theme or interaction that mattered it was like a script written for extended cameos, bite sized roles, and fuck all for a plot

AT-ST'S AT-ST'S

Who is this nigger?

Episode 3 > Rogue One > Empire

Rest are shit

looks like a more brown version of j-walk

kek he's right

When is the torrent coming out?

The characters in the OT weren't exactly deep lol

You fags take Star Wars too seriously.

Donnie yen was a Jedi

>lol

A nigger tweet that get those dubs. Check them.

>things only genY kuks say

solid 6/10, no memorable characters, boring story, felt like a generic sci fi movie with a far too big a budget and a forced star wars touch.

very telling image. The resurgence of SW is fueled by nostalgiafags and people who grew up on the second trilogy

I agree

>Characters are seriously lacking in substances
DUDE SUBSTANCES LMAO WHERE IS THE PLAN???!

This is objectively true and factually correct.

It wasn't hard though

> Empire > RO > 77 > Return = TFA >>>> Phantom > Clone = Sith

agreed

The black guy with the oxygen mask was way too goofy and hammy. Mads needed more screentime. Empire is too inefficient. But still better than VII with Rey Sue and Kyle Fag.

people who grew up on the disney trilogy are even worse though because they are quick to jump into the wagon with the massive felt need to belong so they appreciate everything even if it's literally the same plot with some small changes here and there

R1 >>>>>>>> shit >>>>> TFA

>people who grew up on the disney trilogy
9 year olds?

1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. Star Wars
3. The Force Awakens
4. The Return of the Jedi
5. Revenge of the Sith
6. Rogue One
7. The Phantom Menace
8. Attack of the Clones
9. That animated movie
10. Holiday Special

>TFA higher than any original trilogy or even ROTS

Yes and No

>3. The Force Awakens
>4. The Return of the Jedi
>5. Revenge of the Sith
>6. Rogue One
Fuck you.
Not a god damn thing in Sith is superior in anyway to Rogue One.
And nothing in R1 is as cringy or bad as...
> Hayden failing fucking horribly to sound desperate or menacing
> The ludicrous jump from Anakin injuring Windu out of desperation to save Padme and him going and slaughtering children.
> Palpatine being over the top campy & silly as fuck instead of menacing.

the emotional scenes in this piece of hot shit fell completely flat
>40 minutes into the film
>a tearful moment where Jin watches a hologram of her father
>we know absolutely nothing about these characters except this:
>Jin's father once told her to run and hide
>Jin's father once tucked her into bed
>but for some reason I'm supposed to feel sad about this

>Forrest Wittiker dies
>this is all we know about the character:
>he once found Jin in a secret bunker
>and that's it
>yet we're supposed to feel something when he dies?

then there's the big romantic finale between Jin, the character we know nothing about except she's related to someone, and the Han Solo knockoff, who we know nothing about. Not getting misty eyed over these characters finally coming together.

then there were the contrivances
>go to some planet for some reason. They probably briefly mentioned it in some expository dialogue they reshot.
>crash
>someone decides to go out into the rain for some reason
>the other characters decide to stay behind for no reason
>then the other characters change their mind and decide to follow after for no reason
>actually, the only reason they split up was so they could conveniently save each other later on

>guy gets mind raped
>later on he's perfectly fine, like nothing happened

this film was a hot pile of dogshit full of contrivances, lapses in logic, and dull characters who relied too heavily on expository dialogue.

>>go to some planet for some reason. They probably briefly mentioned it in some expository dialogue they reshot.
No the entire plot up to that point was leading to them going to find Gallan there you non paying attention mother fucker.
>someone decides to go out into the rain for some reason
To survey the situation on the Imperial platform.
>the other characters decide to stay behind for no reason
Waiting for the intel he will see to formulate a plan to extract Gallan.
>then the other characters change their mind and decide to follow after for no reason
Blind guy tells Jyn it is likely Cassian intends to murder Gallan unlike he led her to believe.
>>guy gets mind raped
>>later on he's perfectly fine
When Cassian meets him in the cell afterward he is clearly damaged, he is just snapped out of it by the sight of the destruction rushing towards him after Jeda city was destroyed.
And after that he was to focused more on his own part in that atrocity to dwell on his personal violation.

Return of the Jedi is mediocre as fuck and is only saved by the throne room scenes. It's overrated due to association with the superior OT films.

RotS is only slightly less bad than the other prequels and is still a poorly shot, terribly written melodramatic mess of CGI bloat

>it didn't go the way i wanted it to
>bu-but this film did something worse
You sound mad.

Nope.

I just marathoned the first 5 minutes and I have to agree.

>Jin's father once told her to run and hide
>Jin's father once tucked her into bed
>but for some reason I'm supposed to feel sad about this

Are you literally autistic? Do you need an hour worth of generic sappy family life scenes to understand what a bond between a parent and a child is? Only having abusive parents who never hugged you or something would excuse this brand of autism, in which case I'm really sorry for you.

>big romantic finale
Except it wasn't. They were two reluctant comrades who only in their last moments realized they actually perhaps could have liked each other more. Again, are you one of those autists who go
>omg, male and female in the same frame, it's totally romantic, they totally want to fug!11!

> the other characters change their mind and decide to follow after for no reason
>later on he's perfectly fine
Except he wasn't. He was fucking half-comatose when blind guy &co first encounter him.
Now I'm convinced you have ADHD. Try watching a movie without checking your smartphone every 1 minute next time, my 00s boi.

>>it didn't go the way i wanted it to
I don't care that Sith didn't go how I might have envisioned it. I care that what they choose to do is nonsensical and incredibly incompetent.

Contradicting yourself there, pal.

It was, but that's not a high bar to set

Episode VII was bad. Rogue One wasnt bad, it just wasnt good. It was ok.

Just watched up to the first scene with tarkin. I had no expectations going in and everything so far has been shit and tarkin looks horrible. I'm going to bed now. I'll watch the rest tomorrow.

How?

I hold off on watching the RLM videos on it until Rogue One came out in a decent version.

Why the fuck were they so bitter about people liking it? It was known from over a year beforehand that it was about the Death Star plans, of course it was a prequel.

Even then R1 is still superior to TFA so you can gtfo

There is nothing wrong with Jedi beyond the Ewoks.

there's nothing wrong with ewoks faggot

I always liked the ww2 in space angle much more than muh back flipping magic monks so I loved r1. Everyone else can swivel

It isn't, though. The only thing r1 does better are the space battles

>durr VII was bad

Only retards on Sup Forums

>The only thing r1 does better are the space battles
and having an original story

Rey is more fun & likable then Jyn, but Jyn is a much more well realized sympathetic tragic character.
Cassian is notably more bold & daring then Finn or Poe who both fall into the safe lead types.
Krenic & CGI Tarkin are better then Hux & Snoke.
Vader's massacre is better then anything Ren does.
All aliens & creatures in R1 look vastly better then the Rathtars.
Score is notably better.

wtf i love bunnygirls now

R1 also has better practical effects than a film that bragged about having practical effects.

>durr VII was good

Only retards on Sup Forums

stick to your generals you useless tasteless fucking cuck faggot

clearly wasn't enough niggers and mary sueing from strong females in rogue for you to enjoy it

>E7 just felt more like classic Star Wars
What?
It was basic fucking JJ shovelware.

Not who your talking too but I liked e7 a good deal but R1 did the lead female thing much better.

Opinion discarded

>Do you need an hour worth of generic sappy family life scenes to understand what a bond between a parent and a child is?
That's called lazy fucking screen writing. They did that same shit in World War Z. Don't bother giving Brad Pit's character any actual character, just give him a wife and some kids and then we can skip all those pesky scenes where we have to do character building.

>it wasn't a big romantic finale
yeah, because this steaming pile of shit was certainly above the typical Disney structure of "man and woman hate each other, then by the end they totally fall in love." Just because they went out on a hug and not a kiss doesn't make it any less romantic. They even played that romantic Star Wars theme at that moment.

Yeah, he was half comatose, and then at the end of the film he's repairing satellites. I guess his brain just got unfucked when it was convenient for the script? Brains work that way, right?

I don't know if you realized but that was already my point

added on to the fact that the rabbit girl is a better actress than daisy, which isn't that hard to do

pretty comical that in both the recent star wars movies both the lead characters have been on the lower end of the rankings out of ALL the cast for acting ability

maybe because it was a literal rehash of ANH, which already kinda happened with Death Star 2.0

No both Ridley & Jones are great acting wise the problem lies with the mary sue writing of Rey.

lol

Nice shit opinion.

Go ahead and tell me the problems you had with it