55 years and no show has come close to topping this

>55 years and no show has come close to topping this

How?

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/370627174/#370657301
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There's no sense of irony behind it. Even on the silliest of stories, everyone is genuinely taking it seriously and doing the best that they can. Plus the fact that it pulled stories during the golden age of sci-fi didn't hurt.

Nick of Time is probably my favorite.

Was watching that episode when I made the thread holy heck

Young Shatner is unironically ridiculously good looking.

Most Leafs are

It did a lot of things right. I think the purity of it and how it can do pretty much whatever it wants lends to its timelessness. It can be comedy, it can be serious, the most ridiculous idea or the most realistic, they all work because of the format. Each episode is a new story, with a new cast, and being only 23 minutes it never drags. There is something dark and uneasy about it, yet never seems like it is trying too hard. Rod Serling earnestly introduces and ends each episode, tying the entire series together nicely. Something about it being black and white helps too.

Yeah, hard to think of a comfier show, though thats a weird way to describe it

Was telling my friend about how much I love this show and how I love classic American horror that pretty much ended with this show. I like the idea of horror in our perception of reality and our weakness and fear of the unknown and the circumstances that we cannot change. That's a large driving for behind why this show works for me. Even if some episodes have aged, there's still a feeling of the uncanny and surreal that makes each episode creepy. It feels like a dream that you could definitely end up in and fall victim to the circumstances.

X-Files > Twilight Zone

>65 years and no other tv lawyers come close

If you actually like it do check out more shows from the era a lot of them were great as well

this is a pleasantly positive post, will do man
any recs right off the bat?

Such as?

alfred hitchcock presents/hour
outer limits
playhouse 90

I thought the scene where a helicopter decapitates a 2 chink kids was kinda disturbing and out of place

literally the pinnacle of American achievement

Eh, at least it's not me.

me>you

I have seen the entire original series and really enjoyed it, but the weird thing is that I can only remember a few episodes off the top of my head. The mannequins, the invincible guy, the Shatner ones.

But when other people talk about an episode I can recall it in detail - just not off the top of my head.

Anyone else find this the case with Twilight Zone?

My favorite is probably the one where the girl has a fever dream that the earth is heating up, when in reality it's freezing.

Nah I get that too. I've seen nearly every episode but can only remember most of them when someone else brings them up.

sounds like you've entered....the twilight zone

>that episode with the robot waifu being shot
fuck that hurt

My favorite episode is probably the Obsolete Man.

>You walk into this room at your own risk, because it leads to the future, not a future that will be but one that might be. This is not a new world, it is simply an extension of what began in the old one. It has patterned itself after every dictator who has ever planted the ripping imprint of a boot on the pages of history since the beginning of time. It has refinements, technological advances, and a more sophisticated approach to the destruction of human freedom. But like every one of the super-states that preceded it, it has one iron rule: logic is an enemy and truth is a menace.

This episode is pretty much the crux philosophy of what Black Mirror is

I'm still not sure if that robot was as human as the guy thought she was or if he just imagined her that way because he was so desperate for companionship. At the end, when the crew comes to take him back to Earth and he runs to her, she just stands there saying his name until she's shot which to me indicates that a lot of the earlier interaction shown was all in his mind. Then again, no one else seems to have this interpretation of that episode so maybe a sentient femmbot actually is a sentient femmbot in this case.

Outer Limits was ok

It's pretty sad when a Twilight Zone thread on Sup Forums got hundreds of responses a few days ago and one here barely generates any interest whatsoever.

I take it at face value. Given the fact that he is imprisoned on an asteroid, I'm sure technology is advanced enough to create a life-like and intelligent robot.

Link to archive?

There is no archive, the mods deleted the thread for being off-topic.

Here we go:
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/370627174/#370657301

Did anyone watch the series from the 2000s? Thoughts? The only ones I remember is the one with Lou Diamond Phillips and the one with the guy on Death Row who keeps getting saved by fate.

This show has so many fuck episodes shit
> the one with the computer prophet

Black Mirror had some episodes that are pretty similar to The Twilight Zone. Especially last season.

ive never watched any twilight zones is it worth? where can i watch it? where do i start? worth watching all episodes?

Kinda
Netflix
Episode 1
Maybe
I never finished the show so find out for yourself

American Netflix still has them I think. If not, just try look for torrents.

>durr only old stuff is good.

You're retarded

There are 156 episodes. I just downloaded a torrent of them all a few days ago. About 30gb for the entire series although the resolution is pretty crappy, perfectly viewable though. You could get proper DVD or Bluray rips if you want to watch them in better quality.

Name a modern anthology series that's anywhere near as good as the Twilight Zone.

American Horror Story

And by anywhere near as good I mean a show that people will still remember and watch 60 years from now.

You have a time machine to check my answer?

Are you kidding? That's not an anthology, each season tells one story!

There's no real place to start or stop, just browse the episode listing and watch the ones and interest you. If you're an American, they're all on Netflix

I have common sense

This show is so damn good

>I have my opinion vs yours

Thanks for playing.

Is season 4 on Netflix now? It didn't use to be for some reason.

Honestly m8 just jump in form anywhere you feel like. There's no overarching story, they're all standalone. The different seasons have their ups and downs, but even at its worse you're only a couple of crappy episodes from a good one.

Is American Horror Story actually good? What sort of level is its writing? Are we talking capeshit levels or something like Fargo?

I need a new series to watch.

It's awful with the only redeemable factor being the red head.

>There's no sense of irony behind it

damn I'd never noticed that, this applies to a lot of old art.

now everything is a wink or a tongue in cheek

This show is pretty good aswell

Night Gallery, for those that don't know.

Season two is the only thing that is remotely resembling kino

Now? This has been going on since the X Files started parodying itself in the mid 90s.

Strange reading the Sup Forums thread on fireden, that it completely dispels the stereotypical image of Sup Forums as a board full of people that hate everything. Or it could just be that the Twilight Zone is an example of something that no one can truly hate.

The only person i've met who hated it was my friend who hadn't even seen one episode.
Really made me think

Diddy Kong racing
Zelda
Mother

Yes now

I've been watching an episode a week its really great.

this forums fucking garbage. its all leftist teenagers who are waiting for GOT season to kick off but until then they'll discuss superhero whatever.

its babbies 1st Sup Forums forum

>calling a board a forum
you've been browsing Sup Forums for a week tops haven't you?

this shit is sort of similar
made me shit my pants multiple times

When did sci-fi die?

you dont know what words mean do you?

if you call this a car does it become a car?

Rod Serling was a modern Shakespeare

>can't sleep at all
>light is beginning to creep through my blinds
This is the perfect time to start watching the twilight zone for the first time right?

Any time is a good time to start watching it for the first time.

desu night is best time but being fucked up on insomnia or drugs is second best

Freak show best season

No

It's a campy soap opera

It's easy to have a positive, loving thread on Sup Forums as long as it's not about video games.

For those of you watching it for the first time, start with the first season and work your way forward. Do not, under any circumstances, start with the 5th and final season. It was the weakest season by far and should not be used to judge the series.

>Nick of Time

I just watched this episode too holy shit

years and no show has come close to topping this
WRONG

list the best episodes.

>>Elegy (1x20) - Astronauts land on a strange 'earth'
>>The Hitch-Hiker (1x16) - qt3.14 driving cross country keeps seeing the same drifter

Hitchcock presents were really nice

>> I Shot an Arrow into the Air (1x15) - A manned rocket vanishes and its crew ends up stranded in a hostile environment with no hope of rescue

Can you imagine that 55 years ago was 1962 and many countries back then did not have even TV and USA had already made a tv show that it couldn't top

It's hard to imagine the wonder of tv now when it's so ubiquitous

Stop comparing apples and ornages right now!

My favorites, off the top of my head

The Howling Man
Nightmare at 20000 ft.
A nice place to visit
Long live Walter Jameson

A Quality of Mercy is the thinking mans favourite episode

The Pool player episode

bump

Why do good shows like this have small threads but capeshit get multiple full threads an hour?

*smirks wickedly*
Ahem...

Capes are kino

I never could get into the stories themselves, but Hitchcock's antics were fantastic.

What an awful show. I actually watched some of it because a friend said, "It's just as good as the old twilight zone". Bullshit, the only passable episode was "The Entire History of (You)" and the plot was very basic. The rest of the time the episodes have the same formula:

>Setting is take X technology, now exaggerate X to dudebro implausible status
>Characters?
>Write yourself into a corner by the 5 minute mark
>+45 minutes of edge

It's like they had a rebellious teenager write each episode. Just baffling really

I loved the set in that big room where they brought people for judgement. It was only a long table and that tall thing which names escapes me with the person on top. It was incredibly simple but it looked amazing. Something about it being in black and white really added to the effect of how frightening that place was.

Jesus Christ stop posting any time bro, Twilight Zone is KinographiƩ compared to that garbage

>watching TZ with my grandparents who watched it when it came out
Absolute comfy and absolute kino
Also what're you guys' favorite lesser known episodes? My favorites has to be the Old Man in The Cave episode

>watching TZ with my grandparents who watched it when it came out
I do the same exact thing. We're very lucky. I remember liking I am the night color me black episode a lot.

Overall it is the best Science Fiction ever made, but Doctor Who is better when at its best (Troughton Era and some of Baker).

because this show was way ahead of its time and still holds up, even a lot of the lesser known episodes are incredible, probably my favorite show of all time

>hey mom im a contrarian!
off yourself if you're not baiting you moron

Kys

>no sense of irony
One day we will go back, mark my words. It'll be great.