How much do Americans know about the sport of Rugby?

How much do Americans know about the sport of Rugby?

For me, it's Seattle Saracens

fuck sake

hun hun hun hun hun xxxoxox

It's a fun sport, and I'm glad Slovenia is doing good at it. We've only been playing for 2-3 years but we went up a few divisions.

Gay sport taken seriously by literally 2 nations.

who cares what americans think?

also who cares about rugby

I know they don't play on a rug

>called "Rugby
>There''s no actual rug involved.

That it's somewhat similar to football, and that's about it.

For me, it's NOLA Shrimps

It was invented in a town called Rugby.

Looks similar but plays pretty differently

nothing at all, but Sup Forums did inform me that I should be absolutely seething.

>projecting this hard

i tried watching it once, it was on NBC Sports after a soccer game
the guys legs were freaking huge

Rugby was popular at my prep school we went to the state championship every year. I don't think it's popular at public high schools, except in the richest areas. You're really not going to get great American athletes playing it.

i know i was gonna be interested but then they fucking pulled minnesota's team and gave the money to san diego so now i don't care until we get a team

Litteraly nothing

that's a crawfish, johannes

Am from a public high school from the southside of Chicago and our team won state and is considered to be one of our main teams. Funny thing is that our football team sucks (only won 2 or 3 games when I was going to it) but our Rugby team who has most of the same players won state.

sometimes you can kick the ball through the uprights? maybe thats how you score points?

and when you score a touchdown you have to touch the ball to the ground

That's all I know.

Yes. Once a player scores a try, the sort of equivalent of a touchdown, they can then make a conversion kick which must go over and through the uprights. A try is worth 5 points, plus 2 points if the conversion is successfuly done. At least in Rugby Union.