We can all agree 2007 was the turning point, right? EVERYTHING got noticeably worse in this year

We can all agree 2007 was the turning point, right? EVERYTHING got noticeably worse in this year.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CJ_HTABr7hA
youtube.com/watch?v=8UFIYGkROII
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Thanks Obama

For me it was the end of 2014.

Ever since then, something just hasn't felt quite right.

It was 2008, granted 2007 was the last year that I remember still being innocent before reality slapped me in my face and lost my childhood home.

Pretty much

2007 was the year I found Sup Forums. So it was the year my life fell to pieces.

2000 things began to turn.

2001 9/11 happened

all downhill from there

but it probably went below 0 around 07, yes.

mid-2014 for me. I still haven't accepted it's 2015, let alone that we're over half way through 2016.

Trudeau winning was the point at which i started noticing all the shit.

I'm pretty sure it was 2003 that was the starting point.

t. started browsing Sup Forums in 2014
t. started browsing Sup Forums in 2007
t. started browsing Sup Forums in 2008

You too? I noticed the pick up forcing diversity,tranny acceptance, sjws, blm etc all ramped up around the end of that year and it's struck me as odd ever since.

It's been ongoing for decades, but 2007 as a tipping point seems about right

Sometimes I'll be looking something up and come across a message board post or an article from 2004 or 2005. I'll read it and keep thinking to myself how bizarre it is that the people posting on this message board had no idea what kind of shit was awaiting them just over the horizon. Their posts feel so much more innocent in that sense

It'll be okay brother from the north, we shall fix things together.

I definitely noticed it. With hindsight, shit started heading south even faster than after 9/11.

Im not even 30 yet and society is all but unrecognizible to me now.

I guess you could say that. But 2008-09 weren't so bad compared to now. The piece of shit that was America was making its rounds about the toilet bowl, and then around 2011 it finally flushed down. Then a hobo living in a sewer creamed his poz on it. But Trump is the water treatment plant that will make America great again.

Nah, 2008 was an awesome year, but even 08 was nothing compared to any year between 92 - 99. 2009 was absolute shit and it has got worse every year since.

it was a slow decline since 2001

but it ramped up like crazy after the whole trayboon thing for some reason,..so 2012-2013 was when it got really bad

Well before, the only people who were on the internet were middle class whites. People who could afford both internet and a desktop PC/laptop.

Ever since internet browsing phones became cheaper and easier like the iPhone, allowing nogs access to the internet to share their retarded ideas, shit has gone downhill.

if trump doesnt win im gonna emegrate back to mother england. at least there are some groups of people who are willing to do somthing about the shit over there. here there is nothing, but feminists and nu-males

Absolutely. It's that precise year. Not a year later or earlier. Everything started going to shit.

18-1

I'm gonna go with 2007 when obama hope started and gwb was demonized as the housing bubble was just about to burst sending millions to lose their jobs and homes for the sake of banks overseen by Obama, not gwb. This is just when our psyche was twisted and wrenched enough to create these tumblr freaks and all the other SJWs manifesting from the 1%er protesters

things have been getting progressively shittier over the last decade

true, 2014 is when the real madness started. it hasn't begun to let up yet either

w-what happened

It was 2002

I remember being in college early 2000s, we like had white bands and shit, rock music, not giving a fuck...

then I went to work, got married, had kids... Worked hard on my career didn't watch tv and bullshit, bout 07-10 things started to get really fucking weird no idea why. Like I woke up from a time capsule in a different universe, I started coming here a couple years ago

I still don't know how it all went downhill so fucking fast..

Western civilization has been in moral and structural decline since 1789 and the French Revolution.

>EVERYTHING got noticeably worse in this year.
lol where the fuck do you live, somolia? Literally the exact opposite is true. VR prices going down, AI technology is progressing at an extremely fast rate. Technology just keeps getting better and better every year (or at least the prices do). Not sure what's going on in canada tho. You sure it's not nostalgia that you are mistaking for a better past? 2015 was fucking amazing, and 2016 has been even better.

average summerfag day for me
youtube.com/watch?v=CJ_HTABr7hA

The system was fucked for a while. It was just being sustained by the cold war and the fear of communism and subsequently the internet revolution or whatever you want to call it. But you can't sustain a flawed system forever.

kek. the red pill changes everything.

Damn, Year Zero came out in 2007.

It all started getting worse in 2000

2008 was still a good year because shit had only just begun to stink. But if you look back objectively, you'll see 2007 is the turning point.

It's sad, the CIA created all these freaks to destroy that movement in a bid to keep the status quo and in the end the freaks are going to end up destroying civilization.

Economy isn't getting better. It won't get better (for the average person) until the system finally collapses or a new area to expand to will be found (like computers).

Do you actually work or are you a student?

Because judging progress by the price and availability of distractions/toys is pretty sad.

2008 global recession and latent nihilism takes hold. The narratives of the post cold war era proved to be utterly redundant.

that's the year I started to lose my mind it didn't help that the only thing on the radio was solja boy Justin biber lady gaga and lil Wayne every thing since then seems like a joke to me . why I wonder are other people noticing that as the turning point year other then me ? its also when I noticed any person I was hanging out with could not put down their smart phones when you would try to hang out though that might of started around 08 in 2011 I had become a reclusive wreak and my gf dumped my ass I haven't bothered with people since I literally hate this society

Well, that was the year my family broke up violently and my life fell apart for the first time.

All that new technology will only be used to monitor, control and warp people even further.

>omg why is this happening?!

We didn't listen to the cranky old people with foresight, they knew where all this bullshit was going to lead us and we mocked them for it.

We deserve this nightmare we're living in.

After Occupy, the left elites realized they couldn't risk everyone getting together to point fingers in the right direction so they unleashed the deluge of identity politics and the rest is history

>Economy isn't getting better.
True. But I have been long gold miner ETFs for a few months now. There is a very small chance the U.S. Fed will raise interest rates before the election.

>Do you actually work or are you a student?
student, and full time NEET

Because judging progress by the price and availability of distractions/toys is pretty sad.
what should i judge it by, just curious? OP seemed pretty vague regarding what he is talkin about

I was getting out of high school in 07 I remember being anti harper and bush back then total liberal . I had strong opinions about Obama though back then and I remember my girlfriend thinking I was a racist because of it

The final nail in the coffin for the internet was gamergate
I don't mean that as an attack on them in particular, but rather the existence of the movement kicked the left into maximum overdrive and now it is impossible to go anywhere and not see horrendous polarization where anything other than marxist progressivism is labeled 'far right'

occupy was 2011 I was there man I know its when I became completely disillusioned with everything

>the left elites

More like the neoliberal elites.

Although i guess at this point there isn't much of a difference.

As stupid as some people would say that is its...true. GamerGate became the boogeyman not even Men's Righr Activist could. Oh sure it has died down by now but the damage is done: people now have a made up boogeyman to 'prove' there is some dangerous force out there which require the internet to be fully controlled to 'keep people safe'.

Of course I'm of the opinion GG was inevitable. Maybe not in the form we saw it as, but nerd shit flinging and autism-powered internet wars were seemingly inevitable due to the ecosystem of the internet.

This, but that was 2011.

I do remember this being a more apt turning point than 2007, albeit perhaps just in matters of degree change from the previous era.

>the year Vic got arrested

The only thing gamergate did was to accelerate things.

Make no mistake, this shit was bound to happen one way or the other.

2014 is when it started to intensely speed up, but 2007/2008 is when it started

>True. But I have been long gold miner ETFs for a few months now. There is a very small chance the U.S. Fed will raise interest rates before the election.

Things being good for you does not mean that things are not getting worse for other people. You do not judge the success of a society by the success of a single individual.
And yeah they won't, the system is already stretched as it is.

More or less, yes.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Sup Forums is the problem
too bad we can never leave

>Things being good for you does not mean that things are not getting worse for other people.
they can get decent gaming PC on budget of $600. which is like a weeks worth of working on minimum wage. so i don't understand how it could be that bad

I haven't told anyone this, but I feel something has changed since 2014. In myself, and in pretty much everyone else on a physical and spiritual level. Now things feel sort of "still", "frozen", "stuck", .... It's hard to explain but sometimes I lay awake at night thinking about it. Now I'm a borderline shut-in NEET but I was already NEET for years before 2014 so I don't think it's just the feeling of personal isolation.

Things just seemed more alive pre-2015, more fun ect.. I don't know. Maybe we just have less happenings these days so things seem more boring. Maybe that's just when the depression really started to kick in for me. Fuck knows.

You're on to something here. Although Sup Forums was never what it is now with all the redpilled stuff until I'd say the earliest at around 2011 or 2012.

>2007

Think you mean 1945

That was when Runescape died so yeah, sure.

this

Same.

2014 was the last year I remember before things went fucking insane 100000x

Things were already a little nutty but since 2015 it has been wide open throttle.

2007 was magical.. its when i discovered so much online.

then 2008 came and killed something special inside. I can't tell what, but it left and got worse ever since.

Kinda outdated, right? Or did something truly heinous happen last year and we have yet to feel the full effects?

>America loses its first war

kek

The shifts occur in two years; one year for preparation/change-of-atmosphere, and another for shit-hits-the-fan.

>2007/2008
>2015/2016

It's scary how much I can relate to that

Was a freshman in highschool when I started browsing Sup Forums in 2008, never turned back since.

Maybe its because I am slightly older than a lot of the users on here but personally I saw things changing in the mid to late 90s and by the time 9-11 hit things were already shitty.

isn't that the year that the CERN thing got up and going full time ??

Eh, the current year hasn't been so bad. There are Sup Forums related podcasts, a Sup Forumstier presidential candidate, murdoch murdoch, race realism on the rise, ufc fighters and celebrities using the word cuck, meme magic, brexit, ect. Our opinions and views are only a few years away from becoming mainstream. The only thing missing in my life is Jim streaming the more recent chimpouts and the /k/boys from the jamjar incident walking free.

>tfw stuck in 2011/2012

2014 was really the year when the internet stopped being its own "culture" and started being bullshit meme-politics about BlackLivesMatter and trannies and shit.

Feels fucking bad man.

You're way off. 1965 was the turning point.

also what about the mandela effect ? i truly sometimes feel we are stepping in and out of different timelines and it's up in the air right now as to which one will be our destiny

Agreed. Wasnt alive but... everything has been a slippery slope since then

2009 was a great year for music

>2001
this. the world has (for the most part) recovered from the recession. the world is permanently changed from events that took place in 2001.

No, it really sped up in 2012, but it definitely started around '07/'08

i'm almost speechless

what kind of test tube are we living in ? what is this vast experiment called space and time ? is it real ?

Correlation does not equal causation. Still an odd similarity if the stats are true.

I also agree with this.
dubs also confirm your statement.

yeah but we are all coming closer to suicide, have you seen all the people walking around playing pokemon go ?

What the hell. Is this legitimate?

Gamergate for me was the point where we were completely shown that the media can and will go all out making up lies to support itself. We all thought they did before, but it was damning proof that solving the problems of today will not come easily, and definitively wont come from "conversation". Action needs to take place, the media owns the narrative, you can't talk your way through a problem.

You're too young.
2001 was the turning point, 9/11. The day society decided that safety trumped liberty, which spawned the SJW movement, BLM, and all these other retards who saw an opening because we softened up our culture to the point of being pathetic.

I started browsing in 2007. Quit in 2012, came back in 2014. The proliferation of cheap mobile phones set up the tinderbox with so every retard with an opinion had 24/7 access to the internet without a PC. Gamergate was the turning point for this sjw shit.

I'm going to rant a bit here, but I fucking hate these types of graphs. Arbitrary scales used to try to make it look like you can correlate anything and thus discredit arguments that rely on correlation. Did you know if you have any given inverse relationship that you can flip the axis for one of them and now they correlate perfectly!? Wow! I'm so insightful and intelligent! Surely this means niggers are exactly like everyone else and any sort of relationship between anything means nothing!

2014 for me too

>the day that """(((society)))""" decided

also checked kappa

>released in 2007
hmmm

youtube.com/watch?v=8UFIYGkROII

Glad to see i'm not the only one that thinks this.

Mobile phones and social media were a fucking mistake

>Gamergate for me was the point where we were completely shown that the media can and will go all out making up lies to support itself.

This is something we have know for a long time friend.

2007 is when the iphone hit. The the internet turned into niggertown metropolis

The real start of it was that #YesAllWomen shit.

Gamergate only solidified Gawker and friends as corrupt and created a few more "faces" like Zoe Quinn and Brianna Wu.

For me it was the Tech bubble