Betting on sports and winning

Has it ever been done?

Some autists can beat the vig, but for most people it's a losing proposition long-term.

It's difficult because it's never enough. You can win, but not forever.

>but not forever.
wow you're a fucking genius

Mayweather tried to bet on himself winning against McGregor, an MMA guy he fought this summer. He was stopped because that's illegal, but I'm sure he had someone else place the bet.
He even specified the round.
Pretty sure he made good money on that.

I did but the amount of time I spent vs. what I won absolutely wasn't worth it. It was like having a second job making below minimum wage. It was so much of an addiction with me it cost me time, not money, which is no better

You just didn't bet enough

i can categorically tell you: yes.

The absolute top tier sports bettors win about 55% of the time. Do the math on your own odds

wtf how

365 would of limited them after 10k
Doesn’t show deposits, chances are they would of deposited 30k and just been circulating it

I once won 60e. Bow down mortals

>that kid who won 50€ back in highschool
Truly a god amongst us.

Anyway, Chelsea has got Arsenal tonight, right?

Anybody use byteball for betting?

no

yes, i'm sure they would of, if they could of.

What are you betting on? Live tennis?

I've only bet once and I won 100€ so I'm winning

NFL parlays. By far the best

How much work would reckon it would take to gather enough knowledge/experience to make a profit on NFL? Assuming you know nothing about NFL.

Isn’t their a /bet/ general here?
I remember some dude couldn’t “legally“ withdraw his earnings so he gave money away to some dude who’s dog died.

about 5 years.

betting on an arsenal game is a bad idea
they either play great or they tie vs west brom

kek

>You know remember /bet/
Fuck generals but these poor guys must be dying of hunger in the street nowadays

Unironically yes in my case.

I spent a long time placing ~£50 bets every few months and losing it all eventually or banking out having ended up back at £50.

Then through slow persistence (and occasional all-in spergouts) managed to get up to £3,000. I then dropped down to around £2,000 and just kept betting a few hundred to earn £50 - £100 and just withdrew everything I earned. I withdrew about £1,5000 over two days but then they restricted my account (i.e. admitted defeat) so I ended with over a grand profit and have never logged in since.

it has definitely been done, but most people who are consistently winning usually dont shout it from the rooftops so you dont hear a lot about it (except that canadian itt)
i only bet muh tenners for fun on nba games lately. Checking starting lineups and injuries is good start if you want to win most of the time. Been winning about 70-75% of my bets (won about 25 out of 35 bets in total) since a year and a half, but its only pocket change for some extra cash, since i have a good-paying job already

there is still the discord, hun ;^)

some dude bet that suarez would bite someone against italy in 2014 and won

Hey /bet/, does bookmaker.eu shade their lines?

Is pinnacle more efficient than bookmaker for the purpose of value betting?

what the fuck is the point of betting if you can't get the money you won?

He said his account got restricted, not that they refused to pay

link pls babe

what is the point of this comment? obviously, my question isn't referring to winning a single bet. i'm asking if anyone can have long term success as a sports bettor.

well yeah, you need
>autistic level of atention to details, who is reffereing, did key player's wife get an orgasm that morning etc.
>patience
>understanding of sports you're betting, like my friend watching olympic swimming and winning
>luck of course
>balls
99.9% are dumbasses and/or casuals, I for instance am a lazy piece of shit that doesn't bother checking all the details, and lack balls to stick more money when I'm sure I'd win

This. Having balls to put loads of money on when you know the bookies have a particular market wrong is quite important. A bit like poker how you have to bet a lot when you know you are beating the rest of the table on a particular hand.

I bet on local league on the teams my friends play for, state soccer, state Aussie rules